Math ANY 1: Star One Channel Heads - BAK 2 SKEWL

bDgT thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Aha!! U thought you were reinventing the wheel, weren't u? When you thought up that 6-day a week schedule for all your daily serials instead of the earlier 5-day a week.

Tell me how you worked that Math.

You were not able to get top reach, overall GRPs, or TRPs for your shows with the current format that you make your channel available nor could you get some cable operators inline with some schemes for them.

All your shows, are running with Low TRPs, and then viola you hit on a plan to make it worse instead of reinventing yourself, you thought you would cook the goose and roast it more than medium or rare, now it is charcoal.

Tell me, if I am wrong in assuming that you did not want to pay dimes to some films or something when you can get some low cost fare from your existing production houses and some in-house shows.

But then - that ain't a brilliant plan at all. The erstwhile Doordarshan/DD tried it once upon a time and did not succeed.

Saturday/Sundays are for Reality shows/Comedy shows/Films and that is how it has been since some time. So why try to bell the cat?

But then if you really were thinking radically, you'd have thought of all those SHORT films that are in the market without a platform for airing.

Or you'd have thought of signing on new makers for shows that will be novel and radical in terms of content. Like for example, random 1-hr. or 2-hr. short films in the romcom (romantic comedy)/ romsusp (romance suspense suggested by Dee)  genre that would appeal to your target audience. And that too from student film makers, FTII, Pune (Film and Television Institute of India), or Whistling Woods, or Jamia Millia Islamia,  or NSD (National School of Drama) or you could have featured PLAYS, theater, MIME, and so many other formats of  art and artistry that do not have a platform as of now in Indian Media to a large extent.

BUT NO!!

You had to do the impossible and make the overworked crew/cast/characters of DAILY soaps TOE THE LINE and DELIVER to YOUR FANCIFUL WISHES and TERMS or ELSE? Or else what?? I am curious to know the terms and conditions now......

Educate me or elucidate....please honor this fanciful wish of mine....pretty please

Dedicating a SHORT FILM for my cause from the OSCAR WINNERS:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgdsfRDxIeQ[/YOUTUBE]

- NOT at all a FAN
Edited by bDgT - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

49erFan thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Bri, I love it!  Plan gone wrong for sure! ๐Ÿ˜’
Amiiish thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Just clicked the Love button, but you cant see it

Seems like telepathy, but I have been thinkin of this for some days now, but didnt know whom to ask. That is this stupid "strategy" working or not?
If the TRPs are the same, then how can it work.

Actually you can even notice the quality of work, and poor the actors I say.
I would any day prefer quality over quantity, so if this was in my hands I would make it four days a week, just like SO shows were before.

fatim30 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

its really sad starone chooses quantity over quality
SimplyAparajita thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Bri . I agree with every word of yours..acting is obviously not a home work or some business deal assignment.. Its a way of expressing heart.. And a worne out and overburdened mind with a wish to run away from sets for a break can never come up with master piece... We can create normal brain minds every second .. But to make an einstein we need a lot of concentration and patience.. And why the hell channel producers have to always go run and hit the angry lion.. The youth are the major watching target of the show.. And most of us are preoccupied on weekends.. So plish starone people think about your decision.. We want quality and not quantity.. As the one which is less but good is more appreciated in comparision with one which is more but worse..trps will fall more i guess now
Geekgod thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Awesome post Bri....I love it.

Geet's the only show I watch and I have seen the steady decline in the quality. The only excuse I hear given is its a six day show so they can't churn out good material consistently for six days running...well duh! Who in the hecks name asked them to make it six days at the risk of diluting its quality?
 The actors are so over worked you can actually see their exhaustion thru all the make up. 
The crew, creative's are so over worked that you can see their brain freeze thru the execution.

Bad move all around. Just my two cents, not worth much. Peace,people๐Ÿค—

maansa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
briiiiii.... WOW!!!!๐Ÿ‘ you are sooo right... great post๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
the channel thinks they know best...when it seems they know nothing...esp NOT maths ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
mi7chimes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Bri very well said!

Star ONE thought before it took the leap from 5/7 to 6/7.. thought that it can stir .. if not unroot its Mother board as well as som Newly Weds.. Typical Saut!! n there The Wicked You ended up with a notice for dissolution of the lft over TRPs.... hmmm... failure of Strategy!! Disaster Management anyone???
Edited by mi7chimes - 13 years ago
maaneet2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Oops I posted below in error. ๐Ÿ˜ณ Edited by maaneet2010 - 13 years ago
Murlal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
You've said exactly what I thought when they first announced this business of ' ab se shanivaar ko bhi milenge'.

It was always a lousy idea and now it is beginning to show just how lousy it is. Imagine how exhausted the crew and actors must be with this endless schedule.
Thanks for the much needed post.