India-Forums

Pooja bedi on india forums ? (Page 6)

LovelyPlanet Goldie
LovelyPlanet
LovelyPlanet

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 7:26pm | IP Logged
What would be a good way according to you to deal with teens' mobile addiction?
[/QUOTE]
well... i wouldn't advocate a cold turkey with sneha because it would only lead to revolt, rebellion and hostiliity with a teenager! I would start  "rhythmic"  time zones where it was permissible (for example turn on mobile only after school and use it only after every two hours for half hour! so there are short bursts to keep addiction in control through the day!
btw my daughter has no access to her mobile, facebook or internet (unless for school research) one entire month prior to her exams! feels cruel... but it helps her focus without the constant beeping distraction... [/QUOTE]

wonderful posts and thoughts Pooja, really appreciate you.. one question still bothering me how are you managing to take out so much time on this not-so-popular forum.. i personally find it difficult to find time to make posts here even with an ordinary job Confused

Meena1 IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 8:57pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pinkisluv91

Meena1 IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 8:58pm | IP Logged

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Vino_laLovelyPlanetAutumn.pinkisluv91

Meena1 IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 9:01pm | IP Logged

Vino_laLovelyPlanetNishita123pinkisluv91

jncblr Senior Member
jncblr
jncblr

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 10:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bedigirl

Originally posted by .Isha.

quite amused by the second ME! all parents want to be the "good parent" to their kids and avoid confrontation... so  it's so easy to just let your kids be addicted to mobiles, junk food and unhealthy lifestyle. Its' SO DAMN DIFFICULT discipling children and having to have them hate you at times! but as a parent you always have to see the bigger picture and their future!
Archana keeps a dirty home with zero hygiene and zero emphasis on personal development or health. just smiling and allowing fat and dust to develop is appalling lack of responsibility.
as for Sujata... she's a serious disciplinarian which largely is a fantastic thing to inculcate good habits in children.... but i feel sensitivity was lacking. She should have realised teenagers are very sensitive to criticism and in front of friends it's humiliating. She should have taken her outside the room and mentioned the neckline or made her change her top discreetly if she found it offensive. It's not what you say, it's how you say it and when you say it , that' s important.
overall... i think sujata comes across as the more responsible parent and better house wife to me....as for quirks... we're all human!!

Very nice analysis. I agree if I go by exactly what we saw on TV. I though think it was a bit exaggerated / edited in a way to make it look like more unhealthy & unhygienic than it actually is. Even if so, it is something should be taken into consideration seriously for sure.

I am sure, if you would have been at Sujata's place, you would have done things differently with Sneha! Can not agree more with the bold part above.

well... i wouldn't advocate a cold turkey with sneha because it would only lead to revolt, rebellion and hostiliity with a teenager! I would start  "rhythmic"  time zones where it was permissible (for example turn on mobile only after school and use it only after every two hours for half hour! so there are short bursts to keep addiction in control through the day!
btw my daughter has no access to her mobile, facebook or internet (unless for school research) one entire month prior to her exams! feels cruel... but it helps her focus without the constant beeping distraction...

I really like your approach and would definetly use it once my daughter is older.  Being a parent is not easy. What I find is that most parents struggle to maintain that balance between being a parent and friend to  their children. But  I have come to realize  that one has only a set of parents but can have innumerable friends in a lifetime...so the tough love from time to time is really necessary to help children learn the ways of life.

On that note, I must say that you have done a commendable job with your children. You must really be a proud Mom after the show. Your posts here are also very insightful and would love to read more on a regular basis. All the very best you!

LovelyPlanetIsha.IshaAutumn.pluviophile.

LovelyPlanet Goldie
LovelyPlanet
LovelyPlanet

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 11:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Meena1

Originally posted by .Arjun

LMAO LOL

Do check her twitter and she mentioned about iF . She was real Embarrassed

http://twitter.com/poojabeditweets

poojabeditweets

Good to see debates on maa exchange As well as accusations, loyalty, support and disbelief on india forums! Do log in and post views!:)

Lets appreciate this great mom !!! It was good to see her managing and organizing Nigam's house so well. Thumbs Up

Cool Arjun.. i am gonna follow her.. Cool why are you stalking her..LOLLOL

once she is on this forum everyone has turned a hard-core fan of ms bedi (except me ....)
see this is celebrity magicTongue.. all are saying only good things abt her ....
-Sneha25- IF-Dazzler
-Sneha25-
-Sneha25-

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 2:17am | IP Logged

Originally posted by .Isha.

quite amused by the second ME! all parents want to be the "good parent" to their kids and avoid confrontation... so  it's so easy to just let your kids be addicted to mobiles, junk food and unhealthy lifestyle. Its' SO DAMN DIFFICULT discipling children and having to have them hate you at times! but as a parent you always have to see the bigger picture and their future!
Archana keeps a dirty home with zero hygiene and zero emphasis on personal development or health. just smiling and allowing fat and dust to develop is appalling lack of responsibility.
as for Sujata... she's a serious disciplinarian which largely is a fantastic thing to inculcate good habits in children.... but i feel sensitivity was lacking. She should have realised teenagers are very sensitive to criticism and in front of friends it's humiliating. She should have taken her outside the room and mentioned the neckline or made her change her top discreetly if she found it offensive. It's not what you say, it's how you say it and when you say it , that' s important.
overall... i think sujata comes across as the more responsible parent and better house wife to me....as for quirks... we're all human!!

Very nice analysis. I agree if I go by exactly what we saw on TV. I though think it was a bit exaggerated / edited in a way to make it look like more unhealthy & unhygienic than it actually is. Even if so, it is something should be taken into consideration seriously for sure.

I am sure, if you would have been at Sujata's place, you would have done things differently with Sneha! Can not agree more with the bold part above.

btw my daughter has no access to her mobile, facebook or internet (unless for school research) one entire month prior to her exams! feels cruel... but it helps her focus without the constant beeping distraction...

Great apporoach...would be definitely helpful for me in the future.Smile I went through you website and  seriously got inspired by ur approach towards life. Your stint in Maa Exchane have got u many admirers for sure. I am looking forward to ur future endeavours.
dreams_bhatt Newbie
dreams_bhatt
dreams_bhatt

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 2:54am | IP Logged

Originally posted by purva

[QUOTE=.Arjun][QUOTE=purva]I did believe that she was the real Pooja.. but this confirms it WinkLOL I have seen her twitter and FB account... and she sounded same here too.. so either it's real Pooja or all her social accounts are managed by her PR... Smile
thanks for following me on the diff networking platforms... i love to write and commmunicate... which is why its all me..not a pr person! i  log on as and when i get the time.. and happy to know it makes a difference to people,..hugs!

Oh yeah ...i liked her responses on forum too . I felt she was reasonable. I've read her columns in news paper, she is too good :)

Hey Pooja!

It was fun watching you on the show Maa Exchange. I really felt you have tremendous energy and you are quite a live wire:) hehe. I am currently working in Tokyo, and about to embark on my PHD in the US.
  I am sure your daughter is probably going to be heading for her Bachelors in the coming years, either in India or abroad. Well, as someone who has done her Bachelors, double masters, and now PHD in the US, I have a tiny suggestion which you might like to inculcate into your parenting.

Perhaps you already do this, but how about getting the kids to do their own chores, cooking, cleaning and managing bank balances (and by that I mean opening their own account with thier pocket money or whatever they have saved up). Of course, this would be with baby steps and it's totally up to you how you bring these gradual steps about. However, I think it will be invaluable when they are studying alone abroad.

Based on my experience, I am an only child and I come from quite an affluent family, and one of my major challenges living and studying abroad was handling all my responsibilities ALL AT ONCE...paying bills, going to the bank, cooking my own food, making sure I got my A's and excelled...it was a bit overwhelming. While growing up and during high school, we had house help at home when my parents were in the Philippines and so, it was a little tough for me my first few years.

American kids have an advantage over Asian children in that respect, because they often tend to branch out on their own at a relatively young age. In most cases, earning money from odd jobs and saving up on their own for college starting from their teens. But its' a bit more challenging for kids like us who have the family support to lean back on, and yet are suddenly having to make that balancing act work out starting first year college.

So, from personal experience, I feel it's a good idea to ease kids into that mentality gradually rather than enduring it once they land up in college:)

So you could try this out at home, maybe have days where the kids cook something simple...pasta, or whatever they like. And, also manage their bank accounts, whatever pocket money they are getting...I am sure this will help Aaliya have a smooth transition when she heads for collegeSmile

Take care now and keep rocking,
lots of love,
Rima

Edited by dreams_bhatt - 21 January 2011 at 3:01am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Isha.Isha

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Maa Exchange Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index