Maa Exchange

Pooja bedi on india forums ? - Page 4

Isha.Isha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
This content was originally posted by: bedigirl

aaaw! thank you! that means a lot to me! so tough juggling so many hats and keeping the balance.... really happy, thrilled in fact when anyone says positive thing about my children... have really put in sooooo much effort to ensure a balanced and stable environement for them.. caring nurturing and nurtuuring non stop is exhausting at times,... but so utterly rewarding!! and life long benefits to knowinng they turned inot decent responsible and caring individuals
thanks soooooo much!
cheers and warmth
Pooja Bedi

You have indeed done a wonderful job! Being completely honest, learned more than a thing or two myself for future!
I just loved (use rarely) how you kept Nigam-kid away from any confrontation👍🏼 and also how Aliya and Omar are so well balanced kids (very hard to see these days!). You have surely done amazing job at that front with loads of other endeavors.
Please continue posting if time permits. Would like to discuss with you about other families in Maa Exchange as well as your other work! (Can't wait for that new reality show you just posted about)
Cheers, warmth and happiness to you as well😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bedigirl thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: .Isha.

You have indeed done a wonderful job! Being completely honest, learned more than a thing or two myself for future!
I just loved (use rarely) how you kept Nigam-kid away from any confrontation👍🏼 and also how Aliya and Omar are so well balanced kids (very hard to see these days!). You have surely done amazing job at that front with loads of other endeavors.
Please continue posting if time permits. Would like to discuss with you about other families in Maa Exchange as well as your other work! (Can't wait for that new reality show you just posted about)
Cheers, warmth and happiness to you as well😊

quite amused by the second ME! all parents want to be the "good parent" to their kids and avoid confrontation... so  it's so easy to just let your kids be addicted to mobiles, junk food and unhealthy lifestyle. Its' SO DAMN DIFFICULT discipling children and having to have them hate you at times! but as a parent you always have to see the bigger picture and their future!
Archana keeps a dirty home with zero hygiene and zero emphasis on personal development or health. just smiling and allowing fat and dust to develop is appalling lack of responsibility.
as for Sujata... she's a serious disciplinarian which largely is a fantastic thing to inculcate good habits in children.... but i feel sensitivity was lacking. She should have realised teenagers are very sensitive to criticism and in front of friends it's humiliating. She should have taken her outside the room and mentioned the neckline or made her change her top discreetly if she found it offensive. It's not what you say, it's how you say it and when you say it , that' s important.
overall... i think sujata comes across as the more responsible parent and better house wife to me....as for quirks... we're all human!!
Isha.Isha thumbnail

quite amused by the second ME! all parents want to be the "good parent" to their kids and avoid confrontation... so  it's so easy to just let your kids be addicted to mobiles, junk food and unhealthy lifestyle. Its' SO DAMN DIFFICULT discipling children and having to have them hate you at times! but as a parent you always have to see the bigger picture and their future!
Archana keeps a dirty home with zero hygiene and zero emphasis on personal development or health. just smiling and allowing fat and dust to develop is appalling lack of responsibility.
as for Sujata... she's a serious disciplinarian which largely is a fantastic thing to inculcate good habits in children.... but i feel sensitivity was lacking. She should have realised teenagers are very sensitive to criticism and in front of friends it's humiliating. She should have taken her outside the room and mentioned the neckline or made her change her top discreetly if she found it offensive. It's not what you say, it's how you say it and when you say it , that' s important.
overall... i think sujata comes across as the more responsible parent and better house wife to me....as for quirks... we're all human!!

Very nice analysis. I agree if I go by exactly what we saw on TV. I though think it was a bit exaggerated / edited in a way to make it look like more unhealthy & unhygienic than it actually is. Even if so, it is something should be taken into consideration seriously for sure.

I am sure, if you would have been at Sujata's place, you would have done things differently with Sneha! Can not agree more with the bold part above.

What would be a good way according to you to deal with teens' mobile addiction?
bedigirl thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: .Isha.

Very nice analysis. I agree if I go by exactly what we saw on TV. I though think it was a bit exaggerated / edited in a way to make it look like more unhealthy & unhygienic than it actually is. Even if so, it is something should be taken into consideration seriously for sure.

I am sure, if you would have been at Sujata's place, you would have done things differently with Sneha! Can not agree more with the bold part above.

What would be a good way according to you to deal with teens' mobile addiction?

well... i wouldn't advocate a cold turkey with sneha because it would only lead to revolt, rebellion and hostiliity with a teenager! I would start  "rhythmic"  time zones where it was permissible (for example turn on mobile only after school and use it only after every two hours for half hour! so there are short bursts to keep addiction in control through the day!
btw my daughter has no access to her mobile, facebook or internet (unless for school research) one entire month prior to her exams! feels cruel... but it helps her focus without the constant beeping distraction...
Isha.Isha thumbnail

well... i wouldn't advocate a cold turkey with sneha because it would only lead to revolt, rebellion and hostiliity with a teenager! I would start  "rhythmic"  time zones where it was permissible (for example turn on mobile only after school and use it only after every two hours for half hour! so there are short bursts to keep addiction in control through the day!
btw my daughter has no access to her mobile, facebook or internet (unless for school research) one entire month prior to her exams! feels cruel... but it helps her focus without the constant beeping distraction...

Again very good approach. I like no internet and mobile for a month prior to exams!
Hey do you write any parenting / advisory column for day to day life situations? Please let us know if you do. Online link works better as most of us here live at various corners of world. If you do not, please consider doing that.

You are so down to earth! 🤗
purva thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

This seems to be a good way to deal with such situation.. I use time zoning for internet and TV usage for my daughter and so far it has worked.. 😛

BTW do consider Isha's advice about writing parenting column if you are not doing so already 😃
bedigirl thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: purva

This seems to be a good way to deal with such situation.. I use time zoning for internet and TV usage for my daughter and so far it has worked.. 😛

BTW do consider Isha's advice about writing parenting column if you are not doing so already 😃

thanks... i already have a relationshp column with femina (indias leading womens magazine) and times of India ..my tmes of India column is called HEART CHAKRA..its available online and people write in with relationship queries which includes parenting.. but it's not a specific parenting column.. thans for the suggestins and vote of confidence! love and warmth
off to bed.. good night!
Isha.Isha thumbnail

thanks... i already have a relationshp column with femina (indias leading womens magazine) and times of India ..my tmes of India column is called HEART CHAKRA..its available online and people write in with relationship queries which includes parenting.. but it's not a specific parenting column.. thans for the suggestins and vote of confidence! love and warmth
off to bed.. good night!

Will definitely read TOI column!
Thanks again. Good night!
guptar85 thumbnail

aaaw! thank you! that means a lot to me! so tough juggling so many hats and keeping the balance.... really happy, thrilled in fact when anyone says positive thing about my children... have really put in sooooo much effort to ensure a balanced and stable environement for them.. caring nurturing and nurtuuring non stop is exhausting at times,... but so utterly rewarding!! and life long benefits to knowinng they turned inot decent responsible and caring individuals
thanks soooooo much!
cheers and warmth
Pooja Bedi

Hello Pooja,
After watching you on maa exchange I felt that the nigam family was constantly trying to make you the bad guy and they didn't even had the open mind about the new environment. Did you try to confront the Nigam family after watching his wife and your daughter argument where she was saying bad things about you and your daughter was in tears trying to defend you????

.shona. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
pooja bedi if ur reading this...tell your daughter i LOVEEEEEEEEE her & hats off to your upbringing!🤗