Mythological Masti

India-Forums

Mythological Masti
Mythological Masti

- BR Chopra's Perfect Paradise #1 - (Page 9)

Rehanism IF-Dazzler
Rehanism
Rehanism

Posted: 14 April 2011 at 9:26pm | IP Logged
I am looking forward to Pandavas ascend to heaven and Krishna's death at the hand of the hunter Jara..Will they show that?

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Addictz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 15 April 2011 at 6:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Darklord_Rehan

Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

@Rehan,

None of Karna's children survived the war as per my understanding....does MB Katha say that?

Yeah, its shown that Karna's son Vrishketu survived the war. He's played by Aman Verma...Isn't he? I read somewhere that Karna's wife's name was Vrushali and she was a Princess. Here they show that he married a Dasi/attendant of a certain princess whose father refused to marry her off to him.

Yeah, I don't think any of Karna's children survived, or Yudhisthira would def have made him heir, esp after knowing that Karna was his elder brother. It's written that the Pandavas killed all of Karna's children during war, and that Karna had to contain himself from killing them as revenge due to his promise to Kunti.

I don't know much about Karna's wife, but in this Telugu movie I once watched based on Karna's life, called Daana Veera Soora Karna, it shows Vrushali as Ekalavya's sister and a Nishada Princess....don't know if it's true though.Confused Lots of things in that movie were overstated or false.
Rehanism IF-Dazzler
Rehanism
Rehanism

Posted: 15 April 2011 at 1:36pm | IP Logged
Hey guys, did you watch that in the 17th Episode of MBK Karna calls Surya his 'Pitashri'? That was much before than Krishna revealed Karna's birth secret to him.
MagadhSundari IF-Rockerz
MagadhSundari
MagadhSundari

Posted: 15 April 2011 at 8:33pm | IP Logged
^^ I saw that, and I saw your comment under the vid too... good catch LOL I'm upto the last part they've uploaded on the 12th, it's like 30-something, and no sign of them showing either the Pandav's ascent or Shri Krishna's... they're still stuck on the Ulupi story for the past several episodes :/ The Pandavs' ascent, I too would really like to see onscreen! So many great legends have come out of it. Anyway, update on what they have shown:
Good to see SK's Satyabhama as Ulupi's mom. She herself... no comment.
The past 6-7 epis before this were about reforming Shakuni's son, further bolstering my theory that this show is all hugs and apologies in attempt to soften up the hardcore battles of its predecessor. One loonnnggg guilt trip.
Speaking of Shakuni, they got Sulakshana Khatri (Mandvi/Rohini of RS's shows) to play his wife! Renuka Israni improved btw, add her to that short list of stuff that got better. Her dialogues are less halting.

Edited by lola610 - 15 April 2011 at 8:58pm
Rehanism IF-Dazzler
Rehanism
Rehanism

Posted: 15 April 2011 at 9:14pm | IP Logged
I don't know why but nobody so far has shown Krishna's death in their serials. Ramanand Sagar who depicted many unnecessary instances in details avoided Krishna's death. They show Ram's departure from earth in every serial but not Krishna's. Perhaps they think that its too ordinary and human death for a God. From his birth to childhood to youth He did countless Leelas, more numerous and more important than all previous Avatars combined, but died like an ordinary mortal - from the arrow of a tribal hunter. But I think its more beautiful than even Shri Ram's grand Mahaprayan - in the sense that Krishna fulfilled the promise which he had made to the dying Bali in Ram Avatar - that in next birth, Bali would kill Ram in the same way Ram killed him.

Edited by Darklord_Rehan - 15 April 2011 at 9:57pm
MagadhSundari IF-Rockerz
MagadhSundari
MagadhSundari

Posted: 15 April 2011 at 9:34pm | IP Logged
Though that interpretation does give some beauty to it, I shy away from mahaprayaans in general so I didn't really miss it in either RS or BRC's serials Embarrassed Just a complex I have, I guess, I always leave the last VHS and now DVD of any mytho set I have untouched... I don't want them to end even though I can just watch them from the start again whenever I want LOL Anddd I get more closure out seeing Treta's Suryaputra Sugreev and Indra-putra Vaali come back as Dwaapar's Suryaputra Karn and Indra-Putra Arjun... both get a chance at being allies of the divine and both get a chance at end-of-life realizations that promise salvation. A realization after which I would hope Vaali had no desire to come back and take revenge on God.

Edited by lola610 - 15 April 2011 at 9:46pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DharmaPriyaa..RamKiJanaki..

Rehanism IF-Dazzler
Rehanism
Rehanism

Posted: 16 April 2011 at 5:23am | IP Logged
Has any of you read the novel "The Palace of Illusions"? Its Mahabharat from Draupadi's POV. Although they have twisted several facts, I found it quite interesting for reading.
..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Addictz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 16 April 2011 at 8:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Darklord_Rehan

Has any of you read the novel "The Palace of Illusions"? Its Mahabharat from Draupadi's POV. Although they have twisted several facts, I found it quite interesting for reading.

I read it, mostly because I love the author's writing, but I actually didn't like it at all. It's true that it was an "interesting" read, but the way they made it seem saas-bahu with their Draupadi-Kunti conflicts and their Kunti-Ambika/Ambalika conflicts, and the way Draupadi constantly crushed after Karna and wished he was part of the Pandavas just so she could be his wife too really degraded her character. They made her seem kind of loose.Dead And even Krishna was weird....the book was very much a 'novel' in its true sense and not at all like the epic. Only Duryodhan and Karna were true to their character.

Sorry if you like it, I don't mean to hurt your feelings or anything, but I've read better novels based on the Mahabharat that did not degrade the characters.Embarrassed

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Rehanism

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Mythological Masti Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index