Mythological Masti

India-Forums

Mythological Masti
Mythological Masti

- BR Chopra's Perfect Paradise #1 - (Page 8)

MagadhSundari IF-Rockerz
MagadhSundari
MagadhSundari

Posted: 12 April 2011 at 9:21am | IP Logged
Thanks for reminding me Aradhana Devi!!! I also caught several episodes of MB Katha over the past couple weeks, had been curious to see it ever since you mentioned in the CCs and it helps that they're putting it up in such great quality. So far I pretty much agree with you about the drop in pace of the writing and seemingly reduced motivation of the actors as might be expected of a sequel that comes 10 years later LOL even I hope to come back with more detailed reviews soon as I can and look forward to reading yours - for now, some brief blurbs:
- I think Roopa's acting improved a lot, she was already good but I think this second time around she was even more precise and controlled in dialogues and expressions - esp in that scene with Karn's wife.
- Gajendra also improved I think, though if all the mytho roles he's done I think he gave Daksh his best efforts. Feroz must've missed Nitish because he was not into it at all this time around, which sucks cuz there was so much emphasis on him.
- loved the Ghatotkach-Maurvi story because G rocks!! The girl was eh but the story was interesting and that Ghatotkach actor had such charisma and was so into it... he more than made up for what she lacked and those gaudy graphics, I think.
- also liked the Karn-Padmavati love story, very sweet and meaningful and that Wadhwa actress was a great fit... but was it authentic? Thought his wife's name was Vrushali and I can't imagine something this cute and fairytale-ish would be part of this epic. Nonetheless it did have a nice message.
- didn't mind Rishabh as Krishna as much as I thought I would, good expressions but dialogue delivery was inconsistent.
- the Karn-Arjun dream hug... very out of place and weirdddd, I thought I'm watching an ad for something, like any moment kisi ka haath dikhaayenge biscuit packet ke saath, to show that's how good it is it even made Karan-Arjun hug LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Aradhana87Rehanism..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Addictz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 14 April 2011 at 5:04pm | IP Logged
Why didn't Nitish play Krishna in Mahabharat Katha? He was soooo good that I am sure the Chopras would have wanted him back!
Rehanism IF-Dazzler
Rehanism
Rehanism

Posted: 14 April 2011 at 7:04pm | IP Logged
Hey Lola, can you tell me in which episode were Draupadi-Padmavati conversation and the Karna-Arjun dream hug was shown?

I watched few episodes and honestly I was not at all impressed. It lacks the Regal feel of the previous Mahabharat. Legends can be created only once.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MagadhSundari..RamKiJanaki..

Rehanism IF-Dazzler
Rehanism
Rehanism

Posted: 14 April 2011 at 7:27pm | IP Logged
By the way, if Karna's son Vrishketu survived the war, then why wasn't he crowned the king of Hastinapur after the Pandavas departed for heaven? Why Parikshit? Karna's son was a generation older than both Ghatotkach's son (even though both have been shown as of same age) and Abhimanyu's son.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..RamKiJanaki..

MagadhSundari IF-Rockerz
MagadhSundari
MagadhSundari

Posted: 14 April 2011 at 7:49pm | IP Logged
@ Janu - they probably couldn't get a hold of Nitish because he was active in politics at the time (BJP just like most of the other mytho alums I think?).

@ Rehan - yeah I agree with you, it's not just the regal feel that was lacking but also the... what's the word I'm looking for... concreteness? Like, there was a scene in which Yudhishtir is katti with Draupadi for 5 minutes because he's feeling guilty about the war and puts the blame on her, then she rightly turns the guilt trip around on him and they hug and make up. And... there's a Karn-Arjun dream hug. 'Nuff said LOL It was really only the Karn-Padmavati arc and the Ghatotkach-Maurvi one that I think were interesting enough to have been included in the series. And... the hug is towards the end of this scene, at around 40 minutes:

And this one's got the Draupadi-Padmavati convo, at around 23 minutes in... if you want to not totally roll your eyes and write the series off start with this, not the hug ;)

..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Addictz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 14 April 2011 at 8:07pm | IP Logged
@Rehan,

None of Karna's children survived the war as per my understanding....does MB Katha say that?

@Lola,

OMG, that Karna-Arjuna hug really does seem like a biscuit add, I just saw it!ROFL 

You both are right, the feel of Mahabharat Katha does not seem the same as Mahabharat to me, and I don't even understand Hindi....how far after MB was this made? The sets and costumes look a bit different too, and though the actors themselves seem the same as before, they are also.....different.

But is it just me or did Roopa look a lot softer in this version?? She's really pretty too. She was pretty in MB also, but the hairstyle they gave her in the 2nd vid really accentuates her face and makes her look younger!

MagadhSundari

MagadhSundari IF-Rockerz
MagadhSundari
MagadhSundari

Posted: 14 April 2011 at 8:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

@Rehan,
@Lola,

OMG, that Karna-Arjuna hug really does seem like a biscuit ad, I just saw it!ROFL 
Lol now that we've said that, Bournvita is so going to buy rights to the clip and make it their next commercial LOL
You both are right, the feel of Mahabharat Katha does not seem the same as Mahabharat to me, and I don't even understand Hindi....how far after MB was this made? The sets and costumes look a bit different too, and though the actors themselves seem the same as before, they are also.....different.
This was made in 97 I think, so like 8 years after. Everyone was older, some were less enthusiastic, and Roopa was preggers. Moreover the fluff-to-facts ratio was very very high, as evidenced by all the apology hug scenes. 75-85% of the show seems to be apology hug scenes Sleepy 
But is it just me or did Roopa look a lot softer in this version?? She's really pretty too. She was pretty in MB also, but the hairstyle they gave her in the 2nd vid really accentuates her face and makes her look younger!
Yes, she is one of the few who I think actually improved between the original and this sequel of sorts. Her look is softer, her expressions are more natural, and her dialogue delivery is more subtle. Me likes Star That 2nd vid hair is nice but costume's ehh - kinda curtain-y... understandable given her baby bump I guess. She had a much nicer one in earlier episodes, pink and white. There she looked really pretty.

Rehanism IF-Dazzler
Rehanism
Rehanism

Posted: 14 April 2011 at 9:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

@Rehan,

None of Karna's children survived the war as per my understanding....does MB Katha say that?

Yeah, its shown that Karna's son Vrishketu survived the war. He's played by Aman Verma...Isn't he? I read somewhere that Karna's wife's name was Vrushali and she was a Princess. Here they show that he married a Dasi/attendant of a certain princess whose father refused to marry her off to him.

Edited by Darklord_Rehan - 14 April 2011 at 9:32pm

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Mythological Masti Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index