Posted: 12 April 2011 at 9:21am | IP Logged
Thanks for reminding me Aradhana Devi!!! I also caught several episodes of MB Katha over the past couple weeks, had been curious to see it ever since you mentioned in the CCs and it helps that they're putting it up in such great quality. So far I pretty much agree with you about the drop in pace of the writing and seemingly reduced motivation of the actors as might be expected of a sequel that comes 10 years later
even I hope to come back with more detailed reviews soon as I can and look forward to reading yours - for now, some brief blurbs:
- I think Roopa's acting improved a lot, she was already good but I think this second time around she was even more precise and controlled in dialogues and expressions - esp in that scene with Karn's wife.
- Gajendra also improved I think, though if all the mytho roles he's done I think he gave Daksh his best efforts. Feroz must've missed Nitish because he was not into it at all this time around, which sucks cuz there was so much emphasis on him.
- loved the Ghatotkach-Maurvi story because G rocks!! The girl was eh but the story was interesting and that Ghatotkach actor had such charisma and was so into it... he more than made up for what she lacked and those gaudy graphics, I think.
- also liked the Karn-Padmavati love story, very sweet and meaningful and that Wadhwa actress was a great fit... but was it authentic? Thought his wife's name was Vrushali and I can't imagine something this cute and fairytale-ish would be part of this epic. Nonetheless it did have a nice message.
- didn't mind Rishabh as Krishna as much as I thought I would, good expressions but dialogue delivery was inconsistent.
- the Karn-Arjun dream hug... very out of place and weirdddd, I thought I'm watching an ad for something, like any moment kisi ka haath dikhaayenge biscuit packet ke saath, to show that's how good it is it even made Karan-Arjun hug