Mythological Masti

India-Forums

Mythological Masti
Mythological Masti

- BR Chopra's Perfect Paradise #1 - (Page 15)

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Addictz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 12:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ADMJCXNK97fan

Dhruv was my favorite story from VP! After that i tried to do the same thing when i was little...of course i got bored very quickly so i gave up -_- lol.
I also got annoyed at the way Lakshmi was portrayed in this series, she reminded me too much of a little kid forever whining away. Fortunately later on she matured...a bit... not much but it was such a huge relief to me! I gave Vishnu extra adoration for coping up with her!!! (JK!!!) 
Well if you recall, in AS Ramayan (not sure if you have seen Om Namah Shivay, otherwise i would use that), Vishnu had this 'throne room' as well, in both cases/series. Except here, they don't tack on 2 arms &  sheshnag all the time, just sometimes when he's on kshir sagar. i hope that helps a bit (i was a bit confused too until i just 'took it for granted' as 'god's doing') LOL

Yeah, Dhruv was just TOO adorable! When I get the chance, I'm definitely going to post a few pic updates of his story in the gallery. Right now we're watching the story of Hyagriva, and it's a bit boring compared to Dhruv, but we're almost at Matsya so I guess the story's progressing. It's nice to watch Nitish again though.

Yes, Vishnu's throne room did remind me of the one from ASR, but ASR showed Lakshmi and Vishnu mostly on Seshnaag, and Vishnu's 'throne room' was shown in glimpses for like a few seconds each time. It was not very important, whereas the throne room in Vishnu Puraan is the major spot where Lakshmi and Vishnu reside. Seshnaag is hardly shown, as well as the ksheer sagar. I was just wondering if it was significant or something.

Yes, the most annoying is Lakshmi Ma's whining and neverending questions. A few here and there are fine, since they are mentioned in the scriptures too, but she was portrayed like a normal woman, who turns anxious whenever her child is lost. Lakshmi is the mother of the whole universe, but during the Dhruv story, she acted as if only he was her child, even becoming angry at Narad for 'interfering' in the child's life.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-

nm21 Goldie
nm21
nm21

Posted: 19 January 2012 at 6:37am | IP Logged
Please can I be added to the AT! I'm a massive "fan" of Mahabharat :) I use the word in such a context cause really I just love it! xx

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaShivangBuchBhavaaniDharmaPriyaaMagadhSundari-Swetha-..RamKiJanaki..

MagadhSundari IF-Rockerz
MagadhSundari
MagadhSundari

Posted: 21 January 2012 at 7:30pm | IP Logged
^^ Welcome aboard, Nish, glad you made it here! Do tell us a little more about yourself and your thoughts on the show... any specific fond memories, favorite scenes, songs, dialogues, characters...?

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaBhavaaninm21..RamKiJanaki..-Swetha-

..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 23 January 2012 at 4:33am | IP Logged
Welcome to the MM, Nish, we're glad to have you here! :D
I also love Mahabharat a lot, but currently I'm watching BRC's Vishnu Puraan. Did you watch it?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

nm21-Swetha-

..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 23 January 2012 at 4:41am | IP Logged
Hey Guys,

The recent episodes of Vishnu Puraan have been pretty good. Other than that dialogue of Lakshmiji's I had a problem with, I liked learning the story of Shukracharya's marriage with Indra Dev's daughter, Jayanti. I never knew of this story before, and the only story close to Shukracharya's family life I knew was about the love between his daughter Devayani and Brihaspati's son Kacha.

Right now, we're on the fourth DVD (forgot the episode number), and the Devtas have just been defeated because of Shukracharya's Sanjeevani vidya. Vishnu says that pride always results in defeat, and that with their defeat the Devtas' pride (especially that of Indra's) has been broken, but now there's another problem. Shukracharya too has been overcome with pride because of his Sanjeevani vidya, so he too must be brought down at once. Vishnu tells the Devtas to cleverly receive the Danavs' support in churning the ocean after he comes as Kurma, and when Lakshmiji asks him whether this is cheating, since he will give the Amrit to only the Devtas even when the Danavs work hard in churning the ocean, Vishnu tells her that Shukracharya too has cheated, because he promised Lord Shiva that he would use the Sanjeevani for the betterment of mankind, but he's using it for the betterment of the danavs only.

What do you guys think? Do you think the danavs were 'cheated' out of their rightful share of the amrit? Or does Vishnu's logic make sense? Obviously we all agree that Vishnu is always right and can never be wrong in his logic, but thinking of this in purely a humanistic sense, do you think the danavs were cheated?

ShivangBuch-Swetha-

nm21 Goldie
nm21
nm21

Posted: 23 January 2012 at 5:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lola610

^^ Welcome aboard, Nish, glad you made it here! Do tell us a little more about yourself and your thoughts on the show... any specific fond memories, favorite scenes, songs, dialogues, characters...?

Aw, thanks Lola :) You guys have made me feel so welcome...Mahabharat used to air on Channel 4 in the UK back in the late 80's and my Grandma recorded all the episodes on VCD. It became a massive part of my life, every time we'd visit it was a treat to know we'd get to watch episodes, that's how I was first introduced to the series...now ofc I have the DVDs :)

I can't even begin to explain how mesmerised I was as a little girl, even today any character's name I identify with the actors who portrayed them on screen. I can't discredit any of the castr because they were all so brilliant, Nitish Bhardwaj's portrayal of Shri Krishna couldn't have been more brilliant, only because he was a worshipped Lord/Bhagwanji in the series and so had to have that aura about him...Pitah Maha I still have alot of respect for, watching the duel between him and Arjun still makes me cry! Arjun was my favourite Pandav Embarrassed

I think I'd got the basic jist of the concept, good vs bad when I was little, Duryodhan used to really scare me but again...every actor was completely apt for the role s/he played. I mean even referring to them as actors is strange because they are the actual faces of the different parts of the Mahabhrat for me.
But I know for sure, I wasn't as enthused to watch the "war" as I was to watch Shri Krishna's childhood "leelas". There's a particular part of direction which gives me goosebumps till date, straight after the introduction of the Three elder Pandavs, in order to commence Krishanjis story, the prison gates open one by one and at the end, there's a sudarshan chakra spinning...wow. (I hope I've explained that clearly haha) , it looks alot better than the description Embarrassed I've never managed to see anything better on TV. Probably because Mahabharat and I go wayy back!

I could go on forever...

xx

Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

Welcome to the MM, Nish, we're glad to have you here! :D
I also love Mahabharat a lot, but currently I'm watching BRC's Vishnu Puraan. Did you watch it?

Thank you so muchHug Again, really friendly forum. I'm so happy Lola made me aware! Glad to be here :) I've not heard of Vishnu Puraan before...does it come on any particular chanel? (I'll also have a look on google/youtube) These mythological programmes really do overwhelm me and I love listening/finding out information on all the different Bhagwanjis

xx

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaShivangBuchBhavaaniDharmaPriyaaMagadhSundari..RamKiJanaki..-Swetha-

..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 23 January 2012 at 6:35am | IP Logged
^^ I don't know whether Vishnu Puraan is coming on any channel right now, as I'm watching it from my DVD set, but maybe it's online? Some of the stories are really good, whereas other ones, especially some parts of the production, are kind of weird. Out of BRC's serials, Mahabharat is definitely the best.

nm21-Swetha-

nm21 Goldie
nm21
nm21

Posted: 23 January 2012 at 6:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

^^ I don't know whether Vishnu Puraan is coming on any channel right now, as I'm watching it from my DVD set, but maybe it's online? Some of the stories are really good, whereas other ones, especially some parts of the production, are kind of weird. Out of BRC's serials, Mahabharat is definitely the best.

Thank you for letting me know, I'll try and see if I can find it :) x

..RamKiJanaki..-Swetha-

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Mythological Masti Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index