Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

wwwooowww di ...this is amaziinggg !!!! 😍
πŸ‘πŸ‘ saved it 😊
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Dpka1415

actually the streets used to get empty when MB was aired for the 1st time ... i have personally exp. it 😊

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udRDK84W98U[/YOUTUBE]

Thats true and my Mom told ne that people travelling by buses etc used to urge the driver to stop near a dhaba where a TV was there😊
Mahabharat is my favourite epic along with Ramayan. I love to listen to Krishna Katha!!!!Edited by NandiniPS - 12 years ago
ShivangBuch thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Now they have started showing Mahabharat katha - BRC MB part2 - stories of Pandavas' sons. Star Utsav 5 pm. Interested people in India can catch it on air.πŸ₯³

And currently they are showing birth of Barbarik just before dhyut, so I guess because of the chronological sequence, I have missed the episodes of Arjun's praayashchitta yatra and marriage with Ulupi and Chitrangada.
Edited by ShivangBuch - 12 years ago
Its youtube. Its alll cooked up
ShivangBuch thumbnail
I know. But watching online alone with buffering and greater volume of downloading is different from watching on TV with family.

And apart from YT, there is one more website.

http://www.videosurf.com/videos/mahabharat+katha

And I found that yesterday was just the 1st episode only as this page shows Episode 1 starting from Barbarik only. I had seen this website before also but could never make it possible to watch it online somehow. 45 minutes of video to be downloaded before watching is a very very boring thing to do. And I haven't been able to catch DBSK or ASR on television so far much but incidentally my course is just completed a couple of days ago so 5 pm timing will be suitable for me. Moreover, these are scattered stories so continuity is not required. I haven't watched it before but have seen BRC MB completely many many times so familiar with the direction and actors. Therefore, I will have greater motivation to follow the timing sincerely in this case compared to ASR or DBSK where interest is to be created from the scratch and continuity and commitment are also required.
...Mina... thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
hiii friends, i have a question !!

actually, this is not about any show but just mahabharat in general.😳 on what day did abhimanyu die and why was it so hard for the pandavs to go rescue him ? and where was arjun during all this ??😲 why wasn't he with the pandavs when abhimanyu needed him?

ShivangBuch thumbnail
Originally posted by: -RamSitaKiDasi-

hiii friends, i have a question !!

actually, this is not about any show but just mahabharat in general.😳 

on what day did abhimanyu die 
13th day of the war. 3rd day under Drona's command after Bhishma's death.

and why was it so hard for the pandavs to go rescue him ?
Duryodhan's brother-in-law Jaydrath (behenoi) had the boon from Lord Mahadev that no Pandav other than Arjun will be able to beat him on 1 particular day. So he was successful in stopping them to go for support of Abhimanyu who had already entered into the Chakravyuh.

and where was arjun during all this ??😲 why wasn't he with the pandavs when abhimanyu needed him?
It was a deliberate plan of Duryodhan to take Arjun far away from the core battlefield area. His relative - brother-in-law (saalaa) Trigartking Susharma and along with his brothers challenged Arjun to fight with them which Arjun had to accept being Kshatriya and was carried by them to far distance from Chakrvyuh location.

MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I think it was in this thread only that I had mentioned it - I did watch many episodes of MB Katha online when they were first uploaded several months ago... wasn't as impressed as I was with MB itself but I thoroughly enjoyed the Ghatotkach-Mauravi track as well as the one about Karn meeting his wife... the former I was able to locate in some sources but the latter I had my doubts about since they gave the wife a different name than the scriptures do... and it felt unauthentic because it was so fairytale-ish and romantic... but even if it was complete bull I wouldn't complain; it was adorable, that Wadhwa actress was really a good fit for the cast, and it had a nice lesson!

Sooo... given that track, an informal poll for my fellow MB fans: What was your favorite romantic song from the original MB (not including the Radha Krishna ones, cuz I would label them as devotional)?

a) Beet gaye, din par din beet gaye (happy version)
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXzRlNG_6x0[/YOUTUBE]

b) Pranay ke pratham prahar ki baat (Arjun-Subhadra wedding)
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YmPTHJ-_OU[/YOUTUBE]

c) Nainon ke darpan mein (tempting Keechak)
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-e3t1Sjr94[/YOUTUBE]

d) Other one that I may have forgotten

Enjoy, will open a poll for the classical dance numbers from the show and/or the devotional songs in a separate thread because there will be more choices.
ADMJCXNK97fan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Speaking of MB Katha, i really liked Durga Jasraj in that! even though the whole story with ARjun, Ulupi, Chitrangad etc. was kinda disapointing (for me) i thought the actors were great! And Babruvahan is so cute! i remember him as Dhruv from Vishnu Puran!

I like choice 'number' C -- to Lola di!

if i might add a suggestion for D- (since Krishna related ones are devotional!!!πŸ˜†) i really like "Mein Boondan Bheeji Saari" with Subhadra... but that's just a suggestion of my personal favorite, otherwise i go with C