Mythological Masti

{> Ramanand Sagar's Ramayan & Shri Krishna AT#1 <} (Page 9)

Post Reply New Post

Page 9 of 153

lola610

IF-Rockerz

lola610

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 9:58pm | IP Logged
I said I wouldn't take long to act on bhaiya's suggestion of using this thread to develop ideas for other threads where we could discuss specific aspects/scenes of RS mythos in detail, so here's a start. I have a bit of a list going where I jot down discussion ideas that we can do at some point, some of them are orkut threads I read/participated in that I feel there's plenty to still discuss about and others are the kinds of threads I always wanted to have whenever we would finally get our forum Day DreamingLOL So here are a few to start with and I would REALLY appreciate it if you guys could look and see which seem most interesting and worth discussing first:

oaths and promises - this was a really promising topic that Shivang tried to initiate in Orkut, and it really caught my attention. Here we would refer to characters who were known for either being sworn to truth (Vasudev, Yudhishtir, Harishchandra) or for never breaking a promise (Dashrath, Shri Ram, Vasudev, etc.). We would also bring in characters who were more dynamic in this aspect like Lakshman, who made good on his promise to rid the earth of Meghnaad but wisely backed out of his brash oath to do the same to Bharat before Bharat Milaap. We would debate over the different strategies they used to get through moral dilemmas involving truth (Yudhishtir's Ashwatthama line and Vasuji's evasiveness/silence), and we would also discuss the situations in which one should adhere to such principles and in which ones it is ok to break away from them, i.e. what principles are higher than them if any.

chronology doubts and discussions - this was also something we started in Orkut. We talked about the various chiranjeevis who made appearances in both Treta Yug and Dwaapar Yug, the potential contradictions in their behavior from age to age, and other random stuff about the timelines of mytho events. One of the most memorable ones for me is how Sita Maa worships Parvati Maa in Baalkand, but then later in Aranya Kand Shri Ram gets tested by Devi Sati who was Parvati Maa's predecessor Confused Wherever possible we would help each other resolve such doubts and confusions, otherwise it would be fun to share them anyway.

music talk/repeat tunes detector - this is for detailed reactions/discussions on the songs in various mythos. Commenting on verses that we found particularly poetic or meaningful, classifying them by similar tunes/themes/raag (if known) and recording that stuff in some sort of ToC, and asking for explanations of lines that didn't make sense.

fashion thread - nope, this one's not from Orkut LOL but just for fun it's been something I've wanted to do whenever I would get a chance to meet fellow girly mytho fans... we'd make objective observations and comparisons of the costumes seen in various mytho productions, trace them to the region/era/subculture they seem to have been inspired by, take note of similarities/repetitions, and of course just dish about the ones we found particularly pretty LOL Have I made myself sound like a total flake yet BlushingLOL

Ok so that seems like enough choices for now, please fill me in on what sounds interesting enough to discuss first and easiest to participate in regularly so it can stay active while we're all busy with college/work!!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ShivangBuchUrmila11Vishakha_Sakhi

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "{> Ramanand Sagar's Ramayan & Shri Krishna AT#1 <} (Page 9)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Urmila11

Goldie

Urmila11

Posted: 27 January 2011 at 7:56am | IP Logged
Lola I'm ready to see the Oaths & promises first! Smile Loved that idea dear!
Oh yes, all of your ideas are brilliant, but couldn't understand the Fashion thread LOL

Edited by Urmila11 - 27 January 2011 at 5:53pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ShivangBuchlola610

Vishakha_Sakhi

IF-Sizzlerz

Vishakha_Sakhi

Posted: 27 January 2011 at 8:24am | IP Logged
Awesome ideas Lola! Clap Love them all!  Embarrassed I was about to do the 'oaths and promises' thread, but in a different way. Luckily I read your post so I'm gonna leave that one for you to do and share my thoughts there. Wink

ShivangBuchUrmila11lola610

arun-deeps

IF-Rockerz

arun-deeps

Posted: 27 January 2011 at 9:18am | IP Logged

Hello every1!!Big smile

@Lola Di-
OMG!! OMG!!! Gr88888888 reqs hun!!!Clap I luvd dem esp d one U req frm RagzLOLWink  
Btw thanx for luving my work...btw U were talking abt d Mat jaao pics..right...will post dem whenever I find time!!Embarrassed
Btw luv dis siggie u made it is very sweeeeeeeeet gr888 pics!!Day Dreaming

@Janu & Vdo Di-
Hahaha U ppl pllzzzz dont go on subtitles...they seem to me funny sometimesLOL so leave dem when they confuse U...bt I appreciate d point Shivang bhaiya raised..bt to my knowledge Daau is d nickname for Baldaauji....thats why even Maiya calls him Daau sometimes...otherwise why wud she??LOL Btw luvd ur req frm Ragz it was B'ful!!Day Dreaming

@Urmila di-
Hey di...just luv reading ur comments everytime coz they r reallly ver sweet like U!!Embarrassed Thanx for appreciating n encouraging meEmbarrassed

@Dpka Di-
I missed U like anything hun...Cry  bt will still miss ur creationsCry

ShivangBuchUrmila11lola610

ShivangBuch

Goldie

ShivangBuch

Posted: 27 January 2011 at 10:32am | IP Logged
Mention not Vedo and Janaki. 

Lol. Dau's meaning is getting more and more interesting and complex now Gunnu. Hmmm. Maiya must have made elder brother's nick name as per his relative status with Krishna and calling him in generalized way. Like some people might have the habit of calling their eldest child by addressing sweetly or roughly as 'Bade'. In Gujarati, we call 'Motabhai'.

And I also knew Step brother and Half brother to be equal. Gained knowledge of the difference. And I think even in ancient times, remarriages were there but only within the family in normal case with younger brother after elder brother's death. In MB serial, Krishna even tells Karna that by virtue of being the eldest son of Kunti, Karna is also a PANDAV!!!!! And was I right to mention the word 'real' brother. Saga bhai. Real or Direct or something else? Which is the exact word for that. Full brother? ROFL ROFL J/k.

Lola I will be with you for all your plans to implement them.Thumbs Up We will create those topics for sure with smooth planned schedule. 

And Semanti feel free to create any thread. I just expressed that I would be more comfortable/free with threads which start from serial reference and moves to top towards epic/scripture reference. But I will also enjoy epic based threads very much as I have been doing but being more conscious while posting. Only that was my point.

Edited by ShivangBuch - 27 January 2011 at 11:57pm

lola610Vishakha_Sakhi

arun-deeps

IF-Rockerz

arun-deeps

Posted: 27 January 2011 at 10:57am | IP Logged
Hey frns!!
Here's RS SK siggie!
Hope U like!!
Thank U Hey Krishna! All my saved sigs didnt ruin coz of my PC problm!!LOL Was all Kripa Krishna ki..as Shivang bhrata saysLOL

Here z d sig

ShivangBuchUrmila11..RamKiJanaki..

arun-deeps

IF-Rockerz

arun-deeps

Posted: 28 January 2011 at 2:28am | IP Logged
Hey guys!!Big smile
Here's a Siya Ram siggie I made!!Embarrassed
hope U ppl like it!!Tongue
FEEL FREE TO USEBig smile
n
pzzzzzzzzz comment!!Tongue

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

NikhileshsharmaShivangBuchUrmila11lola610..RamKiJanaki..

arun-deeps

IF-Rockerz

arun-deeps

Posted: 28 January 2011 at 2:54am | IP Logged
Hey guys.Big smile.here's a latest pic of our Seeta maiya-Deepikaji with her daughter Vaidehi!Embarrassed Bt I cant understand frns why she told dat her daughter is 11..ConfusedLOL.frm d pic she looks older than 11ConfusedLOL

Urmila11..RamKiJanaki..

Post Reply New Post

Go to top