Mythological Masti

India-Forums

Mythological Masti
Mythological Masti

{> Ramanand Sagar's Ramayan & Shri Krishna AT#1 <} (Page 88)

arun-deeps IF-Rockerz
arun-deeps
arun-deeps

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 11:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

Hmm yes, people in the older generation preferred to see mytho actors as father figures, but that could have been accomplished even if actor was shown young, right?Smile After all, the scriptures must be followed and in them it was written very clearly that Ramji was only 16 at the time of swayamvar, so father figure or not he should be shown very young.

I think RSji should have used less makeup on Arunji during Bal Kand and Ayodhya Kand, and fraom Aranya Kand onwards it was fine to use makeup and make him look order, since Ramji also grew older during vanvaas, right?

Ya...dats what we think...i.e ppl of today's gen.. dat RSji should use less make up on Arun during Bal kand..but the older gen preffered to c these characters matrued,
But I agree, I find no problm if RSji wud have shown Arun younger in Bal Kand and Ayodhya Kand...but he showed him younger during Aranya Kand..n I also think that it was fine if they didnt use d make up at all coz after all Ramji was God and his beauty, youth and charm always remains intact LOLcoz Gods never get olderLOL
Anyways...now we cant change the things...m happy that in every look Arun was accepted in RamayanEmbarrassed But it wud be gr8...if RSji wud have not used that paste or if he was so willing he cud have used d way u stated aboveSmile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..RamKiJanaki..

arun-deeps IF-Rockerz
arun-deeps
arun-deeps

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 11:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shabna

[QUOTE=arun-deeps]

hello, nice to know that you had a chat with sameer rajdha, what else did he tell about ramayan, would it be possible to share it here.

Ya off course dear! Actually I posted my whole chat with Samir Rajda abt behind d scenes of Ramayan in previous threads..but whenever I find him online I ask him some or the other thing abt Ramayan..but that chat was abt a year old..n recently he shared some memories..like I got d info abt the paste used on actors esp on  Arun Govil in some of d scenes..to show him mature than his original look
But my frst chat with Samir Rajda was quite interesting, I still remember it was Diwali night, when I wish him a HAPPY DIWALI and he was just done with Lakshmi poojan and was replying to mails there he told me that Arun Govil used to play pranks with them, He told me such a funny thingLOL that I still laugh remembering it...He told that whenever fans used to visit the Ramayan team for d autographs, Arun used to autograph on behalf of every one like Deepika, Sunil, Sanjay Jog and Samir..and they all were totally puzzled
that why ppl come only to Arun to have his autographs??LOL  And Arun was sitting at the corner teasing them..LOL later Arun said that I do the autograph on behalf of u allLOL and than they all used to hit him with a pillow...LOL and than the team including Arun used to laugh alot at the prankLOL
He also told that as Arun was playing Ram in the show...so they used to call him 'Ramu' which is generally a typical servant's name in our bollywood moviesLOL and ordered a glass of water etc Hey Ramu bring me that LOL and Arun was so sweet that he used to bring whatever the asked...and always took the joke positively LOL he also added that they love and respect Arun a lot...Embarrassed

Edited by arun-deeps - 08 October 2012 at 11:32am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

shabna..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Addictz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 11:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by arun-deeps

Hmm yes, people in the older generation preferred to see mytho actors as father figures, but that could have been accomplished even if actor was shown young, right?Smile After all, the scriptures must be followed and in them it was written very clearly that Ramji was only 16 at the time of swayamvar, so father figure or not he should be shown very young.

I think RSji should have used less makeup on Arunji during Bal Kand and Ayodhya Kand, and fraom Aranya Kand onwards it was fine to use makeup and make him look order, since Ramji also grew older during vanvaas, right?

Ya...dats what we think...i.e ppl of today's gen.. dat RSji should use less make up on Arun during Bal kand..but the older gen preffered to c these characters matrued,
But I agree, I find no problm if RSji wud have shown Arun younger in Bal Kand and Ayodhya Kand...but he showed him younger during Aranya Kand..n I also think that it was fine if they didnt use d make up at all coz after all Ramji was God and his beauty, youth and charm always remains intact LOLcoz Gods never get olderLOL
Anyways...now we cant change the things...m happy that in every look Arun was accepted in RamayanEmbarrassed But it wud be gr8...if RSji wud have not used that paste or if he was so willing he cud have used d way u stated aboveSmile

That's also true Gunia, that makeup was not necessary at all because the Gods never aged.Smile I read somewhere that Ramji never looked above 25 years old even in Uttarkand, after ruling for 11,000 years. Even Ravan and Mandodari were blessed with eternal youth, so it's not at all necessary to see Ram, Sita, and Lakshman aging.

Regardless of the makeup people have accepted Arunji, so it's not an issue at all, but it's fun talking about these things because I feel that in every show, there is room for improvement. Something could have been done a bit better and the makeup on Arunji is one thing that could have been done better in RSR.Smile

It's just that in the older generation, for some reason people preferred much older actors to do these roles. For example, NTR was very famous as Ram and Krishna in the South, and I find that a bit odd when watching the old mythological movies, because they were 30-40 years old during those movies and looked quite old, lol. There was this one actor who was in his 20s who played Rama. He was very good and very handsome, but he never got accepted because I heard NTR played a lot of politics and did not let him grow in the industry.Ermm Perhaps that's another reason I never liked NTR. His real-life personality was sooo opposite that of Ramji and Krishnaji's. He was not a good guy in real life.

arun-deeps

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Addictz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 11:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by arun-deeps

Originally posted by shabna

[QUOTE=arun-deeps]

hello, nice to know that you had a chat with sameer rajdha, what else did he tell about ramayan, would it be possible to share it here.

Ya off course dear! Actually I posted my whole chat with Samir Rajda abt behind d scenes of Ramayan in previous threads..but whenever I find him online I ask him some or the other thing abt Ramayan..but that chat was abt a year old..n recently he shared some memories..like I got d info abt the paste used on actors esp on  Arun Govil in some of d scenes..to show him mature than his original look
But my frst chat with Samir Rajda was quite interesting, I still remember it was Diwali night, when I wish him a HAPPY DIWALI and he was just done with Lakshmi poojan and was replying to mails there he told me that Arun Govil used to play pranks with them, He told me such a funny thingLOL that I still laugh remembering it...He told that whenever fans used to visit the Ramayan team for d autographs, Arun used to autograph on behalf of every one like Deepika, Sunil, Sanjay Jog and Samir..and they all were totally puzzled
that why ppl come only to Arun to have his autographs??LOL  And Arun was sitting at the corner teasing them..LOL later Arun said that I do the autograph on behalf of u allLOL and than they all used to hit him with a pillow...LOL and than the team including Arun used to laugh alot at the prankLOL
He also told that as Arun was playing Ram in the show...so they used to call him 'Ramu' which is generally a typical servant's name in our bollywood moviesLOL and ordered a glass of water etc Hey Ramu bring me that LOL and Arun was so sweet that he used to bring whatever the asked...and always took the joke positively LOL he also added that they love and respect Arun a lot...Embarrassed

Wow that's so cute!LOL Arunji used to be called Ramu on the sets of Ramayan! For some reason I find that very odd because I imagine him as very serious and composed just like Ramji. I cannot imagine him playing pranks on people.LOLLOL

You know what, Gunia? You should compile all these memories of Samirji and send them to me through PM, so that when I edit the first page I can include them for fun.Big smile

arun-deeps

arun-deeps IF-Rockerz
arun-deeps
arun-deeps

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 11:36am | IP Logged

Let's try to complete 100 pages this weekend, guys.Big smile

ya why not...m with u di!Embarrassed

..RamKiJanaki..

arun-deeps IF-Rockerz
arun-deeps
arun-deeps

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 11:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by visrom

Wow...Day Dreaming He's looking GREAT!!!!

thanx Vis di..m glad u loved Arunji in d song
arun-deeps IF-Rockerz
arun-deeps
arun-deeps

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 11:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by visrom

I love this song too...Big smile

I have also seen this movie..Embarrassed it has beautiful songs..my fav is Tujhe dekh kar Jagwaale par..but this is also a nice song!!

Vishakha_Sakhi

arun-deeps IF-Rockerz
arun-deeps
arun-deeps

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 11:44am | IP Logged

Wow, nice song!

I would love to watch these movies of Arunji but none have subs.Cry

Do you guys know if that short telly series Arunji and Deepikaji acted together has subs? I would love to see our Ram and Sita in modern avatars.Monkey Emoticons

Ya I'm also dying to watch a couple of movies and short films that Arun-deeps has done togetherEmbarrassedThis is the song frm shortfilm Shubhchintak...I wish I cud have find more of them frm this movieOuchI wish it had subt.

Edited by arun-deeps - 08 October 2012 at 11:45am

Vishakha_Sakhi

Go to top