Mythological Masti

{> Ramanand Sagar's Ramayan & Shri Krishna AT#1 <} (Page 8)

Post Reply New Post

Page 8 of 153

lola610

Viewbie

lola610

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 4:37pm | IP Logged
In siggies... this one I posted towards the end of our first CG so possibly some of you missed it... feel free to use: These RS Shri Krishna family sigs from after the post-Kans Vadh reunion upon Janu's request.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Urmila11ShivangBuchAishuHiBawariVishakha_Sakhi..RamKiJanaki..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "{> Ramanand Sagar's Ramayan & Shri Krishna AT#1 <} (Page 8)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

lola610

Viewbie

lola610

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 4:38pm | IP Logged
And these are my gorgeous new requests from Ragini and Sano.... also free to use:

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Urmila11ShivangBuchAishuHiBawariVishakha_Sakhi..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 4:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vedo

Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

Originally posted by ShivangBuch

And if the meaning of Dau is really cousin as per subtitles, then it is fine because Balram was real brother in a sense (Devaki's 7th child), step brother in another sense (Rohini's son) and cousin in yet another sense (Krishna being Yashoda's son as per the knowledge of Vraj people in the childhood).

Thanks Shivang.  Smile

Even as Rohini's son I think he would be half-brother, not stepbrother because both shared the same father, right?Embarrassed

Actually Janu, stepbrother and half-brother are the same thing and that epithet would be right anyway because the simplest meaning of stepbrother is 'a brother who has only one parent in common with you'. Embarrassed

I've always learnt that stepbrother is the child your stepmother brings to the family from her own previous marriage...half-brother is the brother whom you share a parent with...of course, back in the olden days women were not married more than once, so they both prob meant the same thing, but nowadays, stepbrother is the sibling your stepbrother brings into the family with whom you share no blood relation, while with a halfbrother, you share one parent.Embarrassed

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ShivangBuchVishakha_Sakhi

Vishakha_Sakhi

IF-Sizzlerz

Vishakha_Sakhi

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 5:53pm | IP Logged

^ Well when you consider it that way, you're very right Janu! Wink

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 7:52pm | IP Logged

Amazing reqs, Lola! I esp Heart Ragini's....sooooo beautiful! Here's my own req from her, isn't it beautiful?Day Dreaming

the image

-Janu

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Urmila11ShivangBuchVishakha_Sakhi

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 7:53pm | IP Logged

^ Well when you consider it that way, you're very right Janu! Wink

Thanks, but it also differs from culture to culture....I'm mostly talking about how it is thought of in the US...but in India, stepbrother and halfbrother prob mean the same thing, so you too are right.Embarrassed

lola610

Viewbie

lola610

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 9:28pm | IP Logged
I have been thinking long and hard over how one might translate half-brother into Hindi literally, and every term I come up with sounds even more ridiculous than the "Horses! elephants! Hail Krishna!" subtitle you described from your dvds ROFL I guess the idea meanings lost in translation works both ways LOL

lola610

Viewbie

lola610

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 9:30pm | IP Logged
I just posted this SiyaRam sig in the CG but guess it could go here too... feel free to use:

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Urmila11ShivangBuchVishakha_Sakhi

Post Reply New Post

Go to top