Mythological Masti

India-Forums

Mythological Masti
Mythological Masti

{> Ramanand Sagar's Ramayan & Shri Krishna AT#1 <} (Page 77)

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Addictz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 27 September 2012 at 6:48pm | IP Logged
Monkey Winks

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Vishakha_Sakhi

Vishakha_Sakhi IF-Sizzlerz
Vishakha_Sakhi
Vishakha_Sakhi

Posted: 27 September 2012 at 7:46pm | IP Logged

..RamKiJanaki..

MagadhSundari IF-Rockerz
MagadhSundari
MagadhSundari

Posted: 27 September 2012 at 8:02pm | IP Logged
@ Vis - thanks for all the information and the picture of Sunilji!  Was good to hear about him after so long.

@ Bhaiya and Vedo - lol if only I could explain my how vivid my memory is for all things bizarre... I can't remember what I ate for lunch today, but I can tell you that in the past week, apart from that dream, I also dreamed about a chocolate covered pretzel and being a state senator with a really sweet, but really really dumb boyfriend who doesn't understand the ABC of my work... I think I was just scripting a concept for a tv show in my dreams at that point LOL I also have an insanely sharp memory for anything related to clothes/accessories - I remember the details of outfits worn by people I didn't even know at weddings I attended when I was 4-5 years old!  Anywho, I take it y'all enjoyed the story, and if I'm right, glad you did LOL

@ Janu - Seriously, Freud? You know he'd just tell me that everything I dreamed of symbolized a you-know-what... at least get me Jung's help, this was his field!

@ Gunu - YAYYY Dancing Can't even tell you how privileged I feel to have sat at that table with you behna, even though it was a dream... Arunji se bhi zyaada I'd be excited to meet you sweetie! Yeh to bataao, sapne mein kaisi lag rahi thi main Tongue

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ShivangBuchvisrom..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 27 September 2012 at 8:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lola610

@ Janu - Seriously, Freud? You know he'd just tell me that everything I dreamed of symbolized a you-know-what... at least get me Jung's help, this was his field!

Ah, but Freud was the father of psychology as much as we may hate him, and he began dream analysis, but Jung would work too.Stern Smile
MagadhSundari IF-Rockerz
MagadhSundari
MagadhSundari

Posted: 27 September 2012 at 8:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

Ah, but Freud was the father of psychology as much as we may hate him, and he began dream analysis, but Jung would work too.Stern Smile

Yeah, the pervy father of psychology LOL

... and before I end up giving myself a time-out and condemning myself to a corner for not saying anything relevant to this thread all day, I'm gonna talk about Ramayan LOL Or lets make it SK this time. A friend posted the scene in which Shivji visits Gokul to get a glimpse of Bal Krishna... great quality, no subs getting in the way - and given that Vedo's presence reminded me of the wonderful SK journal entry she wrote on the scene, I wanted to share it so we can collectively regale in its divinity again Day Dreaming

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ShivangBuch..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 27 September 2012 at 8:43pm | IP Logged

... and before I end up giving myself a time-out and condemning myself to a corner for not saying anything relevant to this thread all day, I'm gonna talk about Ramayan LOL Or lets make it SK this time. A friend posted the scene in which Shivji visits Gokul to get a glimpse of Bal Krishna... great quality, no subs getting in the way - and given that Vedo's presence reminded me of the wonderful SK journal entry she wrote on the scene, I wanted to share it so we can collectively regale in its divinity again Day Dreaming

Can't deny that.LOLLOL Personally, my favorite is Adler.

Oooh, thanks for sharing this vid! I think it's one of my most favorite scenes from SK. It always brings tears to my eyes.Cry I don't know, maybe I'm an idiot for crying over devotional scenes, but this scene has always made me cry...maybe because there's so much bhakti bhaav in it. I just love it, and I'm downloading it as we speak so that I can make avis next time I'm on the computer.Big smile

ShivangBuch

MagadhSundari IF-Rockerz
MagadhSundari
MagadhSundari

Posted: 27 September 2012 at 8:54pm | IP Logged

Oooh, thanks for sharing this vid! I think it's one of my most favorite scenes from SK. It always brings tears to my eyes.Cry I don't know, maybe I'm an idiot for crying over devotional scenes, but this scene has always made me cry...maybe because there's so much bhakti bhaav in it. I just love it, and I'm downloading it as we speak so that I can make avis next time I'm on the computer.Big smile

Haven't read much Adler. Was exposed to Freud's work in my marketing/comm classes since his theories were misused by his nephew Edward Bernays to develop strategies for advertising.  Jung, I came across in my spiritual readings, and what I've read I've found fascinating.

You're welcome, and YAYYY AVIS Dancing Can't wait to see and steal, esp since I haven't had time to make any myself lately and I haven't had anything SK from you in so long :P You're not the only one who gets teary over devotional scenes, in fact they're the only ones that literally have that effect on me.  The tragic stuff just makes me feel like crying - the devotional stuff actually makes tears come out.  The biggest culprit of that for me is the Hanuman being blessed by Ram scene after he returns from Lanka - every time I hear him say "mujhe charnon mein rehne dijiye, Prabhu", the waterworks start without fail Cry

..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 27 September 2012 at 8:59pm | IP Logged

Haven't read much Adler. Was exposed to Freud's work in my marketing/comm classes since his theories were misused by his nephew Edward Bernays to develop strategies for advertising.  Jung, I came across in my spiritual readings, and what I've read I've found fascinating.

You're welcome, and YAYYY AVIS Dancing Can't wait to see and steal, esp since I haven't had time to make any myself lately and I haven't had anything SK from you in so long :P You're not the only one who gets teary over devotional scenes, in fact they're the only ones that literally have that effect on me.  The tragic stuff just makes me feel like crying - the devotional stuff actually makes tears come out.  The biggest culprit of that for me is the Hanuman being blessed by Ram scene after he returns from Lanka - every time I hear him say "mujhe charnon mein rehne dijiye, Prabhu", the waterworks start without fail Cry

Adler was a cool guy. I like him because he did a lot of research on children and family systems, what affects family life, etc, and that's what I want to go into as a specialization...either child psyhology or marriage counseling. As for Freud, he laid the basis for Psychology with his id, ego, and superego stuff, as well as dream analysis and the unconscious, preconscious, and subconscious stuff, but most people don't take his theories seriously because there were a lot of flaws in them, not to mention that they were pervy like you said. It's just that people give him credit for his work because all other theories stemmed from his, even Jung's. Even if it was to disprove his theories, people used his research so ultimately, everything in the field of psychology came from Freud.

Eww, I always just gave you a lecture.ROFL

I'm glad I'm not the only one who cries during devotional scenes. Like you said, tragic scenes make me want to cry and they create tightness in my chest and throat, but actual tears don't fall, whereas the devotional scenes (especially anything that involves Hanuman) just bring forth the waterworks.

Go to top