Mythological Masti

India-Forums

Mythological Masti
Mythological Masti

{> Ramanand Sagar's Ramayan & Shri Krishna AT#1 <} (Page 54)

.anishaa. IF-Dazzler
.anishaa.
.anishaa.

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 2:17pm | IP Logged
@ Lola -
Ah, the joy of being feared ROFL Nobody else seems to be worried about my stash of tomatoes so if you've got something to add, please don't hesitate to do so Nishipie... they're all rotten and squishy so they won't hurt anyway LOL
Well, if you insist. On the debate of whether remakes should be made on mythos, my opinion is a mix of the seemingly two opposite views given here. LOL So I guess you could say I'm neutral. Simply put, although I could divulge and explain more, I love mythos and I'm always up for more. However, given the fact that I haven't even seen the 2008 AS Ramayan, I'm not really looking forward to the 2012 one. But if it attracts more potential devotees and portrays the epic in an accurate way, I'm all for it.
Cue *tomato* for even thinking that Stern Smile

You're just saying that because you're too nice! Tongue
Janu can help you, she's the biggest Austen fan I know! Now I have to worry about her throwing tomatoes since I volunteered her for extra homework as if she doesn't have enough of her own :P

I wish she could do it LOL Aisa vardaan de do hume ma, to quote from the Jai Santoshi Maa movie soundtrack (which by the way, I love!). But she's probably super busy herself Wink
OMG join the costume thread PLEASE! Better late than never, and it's my favorite way to destress - which is all I feel like doing with the little time I have for IF now anyway, hence the lack of interest in deeper sociological/research-based discussions nowadays.
Haha you know outfits/fashion/style are my thing Wink I will probably check it out but not today. P&P and the occassional I-Fing and tumblin' is all I can handle today LOL

As for the costumes in these songs, I really love the green and yellow combo used on the Prem Satkaar Karo song from the Jarasandh-Banasur scene.

Musically, I think the rhythm of Raag Rang Chhayo is exceptional, as is the handling taans by Kavita Krishnamurthy and Hemlata. Vocally it's a more challenging feat than the other songs, IMO.

For overall the entertainment factor I like the Mohini Avtaar song; always had a weakness for dancing daanavs LOL

As for choreography... I'm kinda torn. Mohini avtaar song's not even in the running, because it's more about the acting than the movement so the steps aren't that complicated. Certain steps from the Prem Satkaar Karo song are really impressive; they do proper bridges and there's that one chakkar they do with their arms interlinked and every 2nd dancer is reclined - will cite the timing when I get a chance to log back in, but I always found that really cool. The choreography in general is more semi-classical, though, for that one - Lankeshwar Raajeshwar is a bit more authentic. Need Aishu to weigh in on this too. What do you think?
Lolaveri Shocked That is a lot of analysis! You sound like such a seasoned mytho professional discussing all these complexities Clap You should apply to Sagar Arts or something and put all this in your resume Wink No really! :D I'm sure they would be thrilled to have you on board ;)
For me, the absolute best song picturized in SK, or any mytho for that matter, is the Raas Leela one between Radha and Krishna. Again, like you said, for the acting rather than the choreography. And I really really liked the dance in Lankeshwar Raajeshwar. If I'm not mistaken, the form was Bharatnatyam right? But holistically, it appeared to be very classical and well executed. Please cite the timing, I'd be glad to look at that.

Edited by .anishaa. - 09 September 2012 at 2:31pm

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Addictz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 2:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lola610

Janu, beautiful sig <3 The firey, glowy coloring is very appropriate for such a powerful scene, and I liked how you worked in the flower as well. Can't wait to see more.

But wait, you and Shivang better WATCH OUT 'cuz look what I found... look at you two now :P Muahahahaha...

You can't beat this, Lola, Monkey Wink

Thanks for liking the sig btw.Hug

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ShivangBuch

.anishaa. IF-Dazzler
.anishaa.
.anishaa.

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 2:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

and unfortunately I don't have enough time to type "essays" :( I have a huge series of Pride & Prejudice assignments due tomorrow and right now my only option is to use Sparknotes Confused Anywho that is so off-topic LOL
Janu can help you, she's the biggest Austen fan I know! Now I have to worry about her throwing tomatoes since I volunteered her for extra homework as if she doesn't have enough of her own :P

Oh, I don't use tomatoes hun. I employ other methods of torture.Monkey Emoticons

Leaving all jokes aside, I'll be happy to help you Anisha, because Lola's right. I am such a big Austennite that I even dream of P&P sometimes.ROFL I've read the book at least five times and watched the movie (the BBC adaptation of course, nothing else exists muahahahaApprove) 20 times. I also read P&P fanfictions in my free time in-between IFing so trust me, I can help you in my sleep.Wink

Firstly, thank you for volunteering Hug It's alright though, I got Sparknotes to back me up LOL If this wasn't so short-notice though, I would've definitely asked you a few Q's, but seeing as this is due tomorrow and I'm only a quarter of the way through with it, it's okay. I think my professor is ruthless for giving us such an assignment but it seems as if this would be a boon for you LOL 
Basically he wants us to analyze the author's purpose, notice the different types of rhetorical techniques utilized and explain them, define characters and how they evolve, etc Dead 
I'm sure if we could just read the book and enjoy it, I wouldn't have dreaded this as much LOL But the additional requirements for this assignment kind of dampen my outlook Confused LOL

Edited by .anishaa. - 09 September 2012 at 2:29pm
MagadhSundari IF-Rockerz
MagadhSundari
MagadhSundari

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 2:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .anishaa.

As for the costumes in these songs, I really love the green and yellow combo used on the Prem Satkaar Karo song from the Jarasandh-Banasur scene.

Musically, I think the rhythm of Raag Rang Chhayo is exceptional, as is the handling taans by Kavita Krishnamurthy and Hemlata. Vocally it's a more challenging feat than the other songs, IMO.

For overall the entertainment factor I like the Mohini Avtaar song; always had a weakness for dancing daanavs LOL

As for choreography... I'm kinda torn. Mohini avtaar song's not even in the running, because it's more about the acting than the movement so the steps aren't that complicated. Certain steps from the Prem Satkaar Karo song are really impressive; they do proper bridges and there's that one chakkar they do with their arms interlinked and every 2nd dancer is reclined - will cite the timing when I get a chance to log back in, but I always found that really cool. The choreography in general is more semi-classical, though, for that one - Lankeshwar Raajeshwar is a bit more authentic. Need Aishu to weigh in on this too. What do you think?
Lolaveri Shocked That is a lot of analysis! You sound like such a seasoned mytho professional discussing all these complexities Clap You should apply to Sagar Arts or something and put all this in your resume Wink No really! :D I'm sure they would be thrilled to have you on board ;)
For me, the absolute best song picturized in SK, or any mytho for that matter, is the Raas Leela one between Radha and Krishna. Again, like you said, for the acting rather than the choreography. And I really really liked the dance in Lankeshwar Raajeshwar. If I'm not mistaken, the form was Bharatnatyam right? But holistically, it appeared to be very classical and well executed. Please cite the timing, I'd be glad to look at that.

That chakkar I was referring to goes from 5:16 to 5:22 in this, Nishi:

And lol thanks for appreciating the analysis... this is the stuff I like to think and talk about for fun when it comes to mythos LOL So, I'd love for these kinds of discussions to persist, hint hint ;) Lankeshwar Raajeshwar was indeed Bharatnatyam. So was some of the footwork from Raag Rang Chhayo, but for the most part, that and the others are blends of multiple classical forms.

.anishaa.

MagadhSundari IF-Rockerz
MagadhSundari
MagadhSundari

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 2:53pm | IP Logged

Janu, beautiful sig <3 The firey, glowy coloring is very appropriate for such a powerful scene, and I liked how you worked in the flower as well. Can't wait to see more.

But wait, you and Shivang better WATCH OUT 'cuz look what I found... look at you two now :P Muahahahaha...

OH YES I CAN Evil Smile

you're welcome, make more!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ShivangBuch.anishaa.Varnita.

.anishaa. IF-Dazzler
.anishaa.
.anishaa.

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 3:05pm | IP Logged

OH YES I CAN Evil Smile

you're welcome, make more!

YOU'RE SCARING ME GUYS LOL LOL LOL LOL 
G-rated kay? Wink Tongue 

Edited by .anishaa. - 09 September 2012 at 3:03pm

Varnita.

Varnita. IF-Sizzlerz
Varnita.
Varnita.

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 3:13pm | IP Logged
Ohh God, What a Counter attack Lola ROFL

.anishaa.

.anishaa. IF-Dazzler
.anishaa.
.anishaa.

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 3:14pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by .anishaa.

That chakkar I was referring to goes from 5:16 to 5:22 in this, Nishi:

And lol thanks for appreciating the analysis... this is the stuff I like to think and talk about for fun when it comes to mythos LOL So, I'd love for these kinds of discussions to persist, hint hint ;) Lankeshwar Raajeshwar was indeed Bharatnatyam. So was some of the footwork from Raag Rang Chhayo, but for the most part, that and the others are blends of multiple classical forms.

They defo shall persist behna ;) Quite frankly I enjoy these types of convos as well. In my next post I will analyze the aesthetics of Mohini's outfit from head to toe, material to beadwork, you name it LOL Let me get P&P out of the way first though Embarrassed 

Go to top