Mythological Masti

India-Forums

Mythological Masti
Mythological Masti

{> Ramanand Sagar's Ramayan & Shri Krishna AT#1 <} (Page 53)

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Addictz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 1:25pm | IP Logged

Here's a new sig by me guys, hope you like. :)

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ShivangBuch.anishaa.MagadhSundariVarnita.

..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 1:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lola610

Yes, this is lovely - sab apne lambe chaude paragraphs likho and then after boring me sufficiently, add a line pretending to worry about Lolaveri's boredom ROFL

Janu, I just want to respond to this real quick:
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

You have to admit that even with older guys, people do prefer if they have a muscular body and a trim figure, right? The looks of the older guys from 20 years ago doesn't attract people today, because regardless of age nowadays an actor has to have a hollywood type body. That's true even of Indian folk.

Trust me, it's difficult if not impossible to generalize like that about today's audience because there is SO much diversity, be it in television fandoms or w.r.t. film. The audience includes the desi telly fangirls you encounter here on IF (they may be louder about their preferences, but that doesn't mean that there are more of them than any other type of viewer), who take notice of a show only when it's headlined by well-built actors. It also scholarly, bookish crowds like the ones Shivang is referring to who might like a single-source Ramayan remake as a reference material or an annotated bibliography edition of the originals for research purpose. It even includes a sizeable share of absolute weirdos - believe it or not, the most popular ship from HP among the gals in my 'circle is Snape-Hermione Confused So yeah, given the very different preferences I've noticed among girls otherwise belonging to the same demographics as myself (thanks in part to tumblr), I can't buy into that reasoning. 

But that being said, IMHO if remakes manage to capture these different sectors of the audiences and plant the tiniest seed of devotion or even a passing interest in spirituality in their minds, then no matter how many such remakes are made and how flimsy I might consider their basis for differentiation, I will be grateful that they exist and appreciate whatever I can from them :)  I know I've said that before, but everyone else is repeating themselves at the expense of my boredom so why not I LOL

AND NOW NEW TOPIC! I<3NISHI EXTRA FOR COMPLYING ApproveLOL

That's what I'm here for honey, to do whatever possible to increase your boredom.Monkey Icons

Anyway, I agree that it's hard to generalize today's audience, but I was just speaking from what I've seen online and in real life around me, but like you said fandom can be very random and weird nowadays, so it's best not to delve into that (especially Snape and HermioneMonkey Emoticon).

And I agree with your last part. That's why I think the new mythos are not "unnecessary" nowadays. If they plant even an iota of devotion in the sort of people who would otherwise not spare mythos a second glance, then I will appreciate them and be happy that they exist.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ShivangBuch

MagadhSundari IF-Rockerz
MagadhSundari
MagadhSundari

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 1:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .anishaa.

to be quite honest, I enjoyed the whole Ramayan discussion Embarrassed I've just come back from stalking the last few pages and phew! I would definitely contibute my opinion but I think you guys have concluded the topic and plus, I don't want tomatoes thrown at me LOL
Ah, the joy of being feared ROFL Nobody else seems to be worried about my stash of tomatoes so if you've got something to add, please don't hesitate to do so Nishipie... they're all rotten and squishy so they won't hurt anyway LOL
And I don't think I'm capable of sounding as intellectual as any of you
Cue *tomato* for even thinking that Stern Smile
 and unfortunately I don't have enough time to type "essays" :( I have a huge series of Pride & Prejudice assignments due tomorrow and right now my only option is to use Sparknotes Confused Anywho that is so off-topic LOL
Janu can help you, she's the biggest Austen fan I know! Now I have to worry about her throwing tomatoes since I volunteered her for extra homework as if she doesn't have enough of her own :P
but I haven't posted here in a while...Lola thank you for posting the videos! I watched the Lankeshwar Ravan intro video and the Mohini video. Thoroughly enjoyed the classical dance and the feeling associated with viewing a mytho. I haven't actually watched a mytho in forever! I quite miss it actually. Ouch And this has no religious significance whatsoever but I liked the costumes LOL I noticed you made some sort of costume analysis/appreciation thread but I tuned in kind of late so yea...Embarrassed
OMG join the costume thread PLEASE! Better late than never, and it's my favorite way to destress - which is all I feel like doing with the little time I have for IF now anyway, hence the lack of interest in deeper sociological/research-based discussions nowadays.

As for the costumes in these songs, I really love the green and yellow combo used on the Prem Satkaar Karo song from the Jarasandh-Banasur scene.

Musically, I think the rhythm of Raag Rang Chhayo is exceptional, as is the handling taans by Kavita Krishnamurthy and Hemlata. Vocally it's a more challenging feat than the other songs, IMO.

For overall the entertainment factor I like the Mohini Avtaar song; always had a weakness for dancing daanavs LOL

As for choreography... I'm kinda torn. Mohini avtaar song's not even in the running, because it's more about the acting than the movement so the steps aren't that complicated. Certain steps from the Prem Satkaar Karo song are really impressive; they do proper bridges and there's that one chakkar they do with their arms interlinked and every 2nd dancer is reclined - will cite the timing when I get a chance to log back in, but I always found that really cool. The choreography in general is more semi-classical, though, for that one - Lankeshwar Raajeshwar is a bit more authentic. Need Aishu to weigh in on this too. What do you think?

.anishaa.

ShivangBuch Goldie
ShivangBuch
ShivangBuch

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 1:35pm | IP Logged

Yes, this is lovely - sab apne lambe chaude paragraphs likho and then after boring me sufficiently, add a line pretending to worry about Lolaveri's boredom ROFL
I know I've said that before, but everyone else is repeating themselves at the expense of my boredom so why not I LOL

Lolzzz. Maza aya. We enjoyed. Definitely I if not Janu. Ab tu bore hui to ye tera problem. That made us enjoy this even more. ROFL By this way you are inducing us to write even lengthier paragraphs of debate to bore you until you order us to stop.LOL LOL Maza ata hai.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.anishaa...RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 1:38pm | IP Logged

and unfortunately I don't have enough time to type "essays" :( I have a huge series of Pride & Prejudice assignments due tomorrow and right now my only option is to use Sparknotes Confused Anywho that is so off-topic LOL
Janu can help you, she's the biggest Austen fan I know! Now I have to worry about her throwing tomatoes since I volunteered her for extra homework as if she doesn't have enough of her own :P

Oh, I don't use tomatoes hun. I employ other methods of torture.Monkey Emoticons

Leaving all jokes aside, I'll be happy to help you Anisha, because Lola's right. I am such a big Austennite that I even dream of P&P sometimes.ROFL I've read the book at least five times and watched the movie (the BBC adaptation of course, nothing else exists muahahahaApprove) 20 times. I also read P&P fanfictions in my free time in-between IFing so trust me, I can help you in my sleep.Wink

.anishaa.

..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 1:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ShivangBuch

I know I've said that before, but everyone else is repeating themselves at the expense of my boredom so why not I LOL

Lolzzz. Maza aya. We enjoyed. Definitely I if not Janu. Ab tu bore hui to ye tera problem. That made us enjoy this even more. ROFL By this way you are inducing us to write even lengthier paragraphs of debate to bore you until you order us to stop.LOL LOL Maza ata hai.

Exactly! By replying back to us she is inducing us to write even lengthier paragraphs, so it is quite Lola's fault.Monkey Winks Yoyo

ShivangBuch.anishaa.

MagadhSundari IF-Rockerz
MagadhSundari
MagadhSundari

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 2:01pm | IP Logged
Janu, beautiful sig <3 The firey, glowy coloring is very appropriate for such a powerful scene, and I liked how you worked in the flower as well. Can't wait to see more.

But wait, you and Shivang better WATCH OUT 'cuz look what I found... look at you two now :P Muahahahaha...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ShivangBuchVarnita...RamKiJanaki..

Varnita. IF-Sizzlerz
Varnita.
Varnita.

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 2:12pm | IP Logged
Another Beautiful Sig by U Janu, I So loved the Expressions U have Caught and the Way U have arranged those pics is Drool Worthy. Coloring and Effects are Flawless as ususal, In all the Thoughtfulness U wanna Give to that Sig by the Text is Completely being Portrayed Big smile

@Loli
OMG or Tomato Emoticons ROFL, Poor People, they COmpletely going to have a Fulltime Tomato Massage ROFLROFL

ShivangBuch..RamKiJanaki..

Go to top