Mythological Masti

India-Forums

Mythological Masti
Mythological Masti

{> Ramanand Sagar's Ramayan & Shri Krishna AT#1 <} (Page 51)

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Addictz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 12:35pm | IP Logged

Content Removed

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.anishaa.

ShivangBuch Goldie
ShivangBuch
ShivangBuch

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 1:01pm | IP Logged
I don't agree at all here (I don't mean with you but with people you have come across). 2008 Ramayan wasn't needed not just for me but almost all the people in my circle. In fact everybody I know personally say this that 2008 Ramayan was needless just like I find in the forum for 2012 Ramayan. And I haven't found anybody (yes absolutely nobody - and they are plenty I know around - and this is of course not my opinion - it's truth) to find faults in old Ramayan by saying that actors were old. I don't know how you have found so many people (probably because you have interacted a lot with people in NDTV Ramayan forum who watched it first and they watched old Ramayan only afterwards and possibly not fully) saying that. 5 years or 20 years. It's subjective. If 20 years can be too long, 5 years can also be short because generations change very fast. True treasure can be accepted by any generation if it is properly shown to them and presented to them. Only religious people would watch mythological shows and truly religious people can be driven to old shows if shown by prime channels on prime time with same publicity which new shows get. In fact, new generation can be more curious to know why their previous generations praise these shows a lot (because they are already proven and tested). Like new generation is curious to see movies like Sholay, Ham aapke hain kaun, Dilwale dulhaniya le jayenge, Golmal to know why the elders praise them so much and why they were super hit. If new shows were not produced, new generation would still have watched the old show if they were induced to watch. But still I take your point for technology's sake. People can be attracted by enhanced technology. Still new Ramayan should have been based only on one source to induce people like me (and that would have been sufficient then to lead people to watch the old one). If the latest Ramayan is just based on Tulsi Ramayan and nothing else (not a single event from any other source), I will prefer it over 2008 Ramayan to watch to know RCM as a substitute of reading book.

Edited by ShivangBuch - 08 September 2012 at 1:01pm

.anishaa.

..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 1:39pm | IP Logged

*EDITED*

I have PMed you my reply, Anna, as we are deviating from the rules of this thread by bringing other mythos in.Wink

Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 08 September 2012 at 5:56pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ShivangBuchVarnita.

..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 2:26pm | IP Logged
Lol, I wrote an essay!LOL I guess that's the result of what happens when I post on IF while working on my college assignments.ErmmLOL

ShivangBuchVarnita.

Varnita. IF-Sizzlerz
Varnita.
Varnita.

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 2:42pm | IP Logged
I m Thoroughly Enjoying ur Discussions WinkLOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ShivangBuch.anishaa...RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 5:58pm | IP Logged
^^So when will you be contributing?Tongue

ShivangBuchVarnita.

Varnita. IF-Sizzlerz
Varnita.
Varnita.

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 7:03pm | IP Logged
^^Hehe U Both r Making quite Good points in ur Own, Didnt Feel Like Disturbing! LOL

ShivangBuch

MagadhSundari IF-Rockerz
MagadhSundari
MagadhSundari

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 10:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Varnita.

I m Thoroughly Enjoying ur Discussions WinkLOL

I'm not, they're boring the shit out of me Evil SmileLOL j/k, everyone's entitled to their opinions and their presentation of others' opinions. I just think this thread would be a lot more fun if we actually talked about songs/scenes/memories/other tidbits of Ramanand Sagar's shows as the title implies rather than branching out into sociological analysis comparing them to one another or any other shows Sleepy But since that's what's going on, my two cents are as follows:
1) Forget remakes, TV itself is not a necessity LOL When it is used as a medium to deliver knowledge of history, culture, and spirituality as it is with mythos, it gains value - then you may wish to call it a necessity. Some people can better absorb that knowledge from simple presentations, and that's great; some people require opulence and technical advancement to have fun, and that's fine too.
2) That point about the desire to see younger actors certainly doesn't apply to all of today's generation, and not even a majority of it. This humble soul is one of many, many, many of her contemporaries who gets attracted to older actors (not exclusively, but often enough)... I'm one of millions of girls around my age who hearts a 51 year old Robert Carlyle for his work in Once Upon a Time and watched Law and Order: SVU just for a 50+ Chris Meloni. Pierce Brosnan, George Clooney, and others have even bigger fandoms that include tons of gals young enough to be their daughters. On desi telly, Ram Kapoor and Ronit Roy have their share of fangirls in spite of their age, and in the film industry of course you've got Shah Rukh and Salman who for quite a few years now have looked every bit of their age. Attraction about more than just looks; for people like me it's a response to attitude even more so. If an actor gives off the right attitude for the character of Ram, then we we can identify and love his portrayal even if doesn't look the right age. 3) Thus, I think that though this may be a factor for a few viewers here and there, the majority of those who think of remakes as worthwhile think so because of the potential for by opulence and technological advancement.
4) In my case, as I've said before - the golden oldies were certainly enough for me. I have pretty much compartmentalized them in a separate part of my brain where scenes from them replay themselves and entertain me when I'm bored, lessons from them guide me whenever I need their example, and no comparisons or analyses of any sort occur. I still watch and enjoy all the new ones though, and I mean EVERY mytho that's ever been on tv while I've had the satellite dish receiver turned on - just because hearing these divine names and the familiar stories associated with them has become a habit that I'm happy to stick with when I have nothing else to do.
4) I'm bored of typing this so if anyone wants to respond to it, PM please... this thread is way more fun when it's about resolving some doubts/reliving the magic of individual moments from individual shows!

Edited by lola610 - 08 September 2012 at 10:58pm

ShivangBuch.anishaa.

Go to top