Mythological Masti

India-Forums

Mythological Masti
Mythological Masti

{> Ramanand Sagar's Ramayan & Shri Krishna AT#1 <} (Page 50)

ShivangBuch Goldie
ShivangBuch
ShivangBuch

Posted: 25 August 2012 at 9:00am | IP Logged

Content Removed

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..RamKiJanaki..

MagadhSundari IF-Rockerz
MagadhSundari
MagadhSundari

Posted: 25 August 2012 at 5:51pm | IP Logged
Primero - Vikram aur Betaal was produced by RS, but directed by Prem Sagar and Anand Sagar. It's on IMDB and they mentioned it in the interviews during the Ramayan Silver Jubilee media coverage. RS had already conceived of Ramayan and his sons shortlisted several potential cast members; RS had them make Vikram aur Betaal to test them out and see 1) how the audience responds to them and b) whether or not they look right in period costumes. Similarly Subhash Sagar and Anand Sagar were responsible for Alif Laila, (which I personally preferred over Alif Laila based on the few episodes I saw of each, only because I was more familiar with the stories). Just FYI :)

Segundo - Y'all came up with some interesting points in exploring the differences between Ramayan and SK, but still, I can honestly say that if I consider only pre-leap SK, I cannot rank the two in terms of my preference even if I try Confused Yeah, I can see the differences - RSR had smoother and more consistent storytelling; SK had slightly better special effects and backgrounds for heaven scenes; RSR's soundtrack tended to have less chorus singing than SK because SK gave more glimpses of the heavens; and SK had to rely on more interpolation because there was a need to create continuity but that continuity wasn't there in the source material. In spite of these differences, I just can't bring myself to choose one. RSR's special effects and lack of fluff don't bother me, and neither do SK's various flaws because as soon as I watch either, the same atmosphere of devotion and sense of being literally transported into another place and time so wholly overtake me that I all these differences and potential flaws just seem to evaporate into thin air.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ShivangBuch.anishaa...RamKiJanaki..

ShivangBuch Goldie
ShivangBuch
ShivangBuch

Posted: 26 August 2012 at 8:02am | IP Logged
Wah!!! New info!!! Lola I think you mistyped Alif Laila instead of Vikram Vetal in the bracket.

Yes in general, one can't pick one between RSR and RSSK (Pre Dwarika). And even I can't remember the loopholes of SK or technological aspect of R (In fact I never believe it to be necessary) while watching them. But if the criteria is perfection then I can easily pick R and if the criteria is depth and coverage of spiritual topics, then I can easily pick SK. On the basis of individual specific criterion.

Edited by ShivangBuch - 26 August 2012 at 8:02am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

.anishaa.MagadhSundari..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Addictz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 01 September 2012 at 8:59am | IP Logged

Hey guys, here's a sig I made of our pre-Sundar Kand scene of Hanuman, Angad, and Jambwant from Ramayan, using pics I recently posted in the picture gallery.Star (hint: meaning if you haven't looked at them now, you should, heheWink.) Both versions are the same but with slightly different borders. Would really appreciate if someone can let me know which is better to post in my shop.Embarrassed

ShivangBuch

..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 8:02pm | IP Logged

Content Removed

ShivangBuch

..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 8:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lola610

Primero - Vikram aur Betaal was produced by RS, but directed by Prem Sagar and Anand Sagar. It's on IMDB and they mentioned it in the interviews during the Ramayan Silver Jubilee media coverage. RS had already conceived of Ramayan and his sons shortlisted several potential cast members; RS had them make Vikram aur Betaal to test them out and see 1) how the audience responds to them and b) whether or not they look right in period costumes. That's an interesting way of picking the cast. I wonder then how Arun Govil got the role of Shri Ram? He wasn't very Ram-ish as Raja Vikramaditya. He was good, but did not seem like Ram to me in that show, you know? I guess maybe that's why he was asked to play Lakshman first, but I'm glad he wasn't because Sunilji was made for that role. :) Similarly Subhash Sagar and Anand Sagar were responsible for Alif Laila, (which I personally preferred over Alif Laila based on the few episodes I saw of each, only because I was more familiar with the stories). Just FYI :) What's Alif Laila about anyway? Is it a historical story like Vikram aur Betaal?

Segundo - Y'all came up with some interesting points in exploring the differences between Ramayan and SK, but still, I can honestly say that if I consider only pre-leap SK, I cannot rank the two in terms of my preference even if I try Confused I can't either...it's just that in certain areas, one comes out superior to the other. Ramayan is superior in terms of storyline, whereas SK is superior in terms of presentation. As for authenticity, I think they both are more or less equal. Yeah, I can see the differences - RSR had smoother and more consistent storytelling; SK had slightly better special effects and backgrounds for heaven scenes; RSR's soundtrack tended to have less chorus singing than SK because SK gave more glimpses of the heavens; and SK had to rely on more interpolation because there was a need to create continuity but that continuity wasn't there in the source material. In spite of these differences, I just can't bring myself to choose one. RSR's special effects and lack of fluff don't bother me, and neither do SK's various flaws because as soon as I watch either, the same atmosphere of devotion and sense of being literally transported into another place and time so wholly overtake me that I all these differences and potential flaws just seem to evaporate into thin air. The flaws don't both me much either (except when the lack of special effects are blatantly obvious, lol), it's just that when we compare the two shows with each other, they become more evident. 

.anishaa.

ShivangBuch Goldie
ShivangBuch
ShivangBuch

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 11:51am | IP Logged

Content Removed

.anishaa.

ShivangBuch Goldie
ShivangBuch
ShivangBuch

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 12:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

Originally posted by lola610

Primero - Vikram aur Betaal was produced by RS, but directed by Prem Sagar and Anand Sagar. It's on IMDB and they mentioned it in the interviews during the Ramayan Silver Jubilee media coverage. RS had already conceived of Ramayan and his sons shortlisted several potential cast members; RS had them make Vikram aur Betaal to test them out and see 1) how the audience responds to them and b) whether or not they look right in period costumes. That's an interesting way of picking the cast. I wonder then how Arun Govil got the role of Shri Ram? He wasn't very Ram-ish as Raja Vikramaditya. He was good, but did not seem like Ram to me in that show, you know? I guess maybe that's why he was asked to play Lakshman first, but I'm glad he wasn't because Sunilji was made for that role. :) Similarly Subhash Sagar and Anand Sagar were responsible for Alif Laila, (which I personally preferred over Alif Laila based on the few episodes I saw of each, only because I was more familiar with the stories). Just FYI :) What's Alif Laila about anyway? Is it a historical story like Vikram aur Betaal?

Segundo - Y'all came up with some interesting points in exploring the differences between Ramayan and SK, but still, I can honestly say that if I consider only pre-leap SK, I cannot rank the two in terms of my preference even if I try Confused I can't either...it's just that in certain areas, one comes out superior to the other. Ramayan is superior in terms of storyline, whereas SK is superior in terms of presentation. As for authenticity, I think they both are more or less equal. Yeah, I can see the differences - RSR had smoother and more consistent storytelling; SK had slightly better special effects and backgrounds for heaven scenes; RSR's soundtrack tended to have less chorus singing than SK because SK gave more glimpses of the heavens; and SK had to rely on more interpolation because there was a need to create continuity but that continuity wasn't there in the source material. In spite of these differences, I just can't bring myself to choose one. RSR's special effects and lack of fluff don't bother me, and neither do SK's various flaws because as soon as I watch either, the same atmosphere of devotion and sense of being literally transported into another place and time so wholly overtake me that I all these differences and potential flaws just seem to evaporate into thin air. The flaws don't both me much either (except when the lack of special effects are blatantly obvious, lol), it's just that when we compare the two shows with each other, they become more evident. 

Alif Laila was Arabian Tales kind of series Chelli in which RS cast re appeared or pre appeared. You can recall the pictures of Sunil Pande, Shah Navaz, Paulomi Mukharjee and Damini Shetti in our FCs and CCs.

And to test Arun Govil for Ram's role, RSji didn't need to rely only on Vikram Vetaal chelli. He might have tested him in Vikram Vetal to decide whether he should be taken for Ram's role or Lakshman's role that's fine. But he was already a known actor before Ramayan due to Rajshree movies and a few Jeetendra movies. Like Dara Singh, Vijay Arora, Lalita Pawar, Padma Khanna, Jayshree Ghadkar were all known before Ramayan but Vijay Arora and Dara Singh were there too in Vikram Vetal. Vikram Vetal may have played a significant role in case of Deepika, Sunil Lehri, Sanjay Jog, Arvind Trivedi (he also did many Gujarati movies in fact before Ramayan along with a couple of Bollywood movies), Vijay Kavish and Mulraj Rajada to get their roles. Sajjan, Rama Vij and Kajal Kiran didn't get any role in Ramayan. Punit Issar and one more known actor (I always forget his name) got the role as Duryodhan and Indra (Kavach Kundal and Urvashi episode) in BRC MB apart from Rajda father-son.

In fact Deepika was also Rajshree's find (Sun meri laila was her first movie - produced by Tarachand Badjatya) not just Arun Govil. But Sawan ko ane do was a super hit (and Arun Govil was super duper cool & adorable in it and one can easily relate him with Ram from that role along with many Police inspector roles he did in other movies) but Deepika's movie nobody knew when did it come when went away. She did a shameful act in the subsequent movie Cheekh but probably may have been ignored or overlooked or unnoticed by Ramanand Sagar while casting her as Sita and that movie was also totally unknown.

Edited by ShivangBuch - 08 September 2012 at 12:28pm

.anishaa.

Go to top