Mythological Masti

India-Forums

Mythological Masti
Mythological Masti

{> Ramanand Sagar's Ramayan & Shri Krishna AT#1 <} (Page 49)

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Addictz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 24 August 2012 at 7:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ShivangBuch

Welcome to both the new members.

Well Janaki. I always think RS R is better in terms of perfection than RS SK. In fact, Ramayan is my favourite purely because of its near perfection of direction and SK is my favourite because of its depth of spiritual concepts and devotion rather than perfection. I agree with you when you say SK's direction is great upto Dwarika nirman, but then again considering even story upto Dwarika nirman primarily directed by RSji himself, I think perfection of direction (RSji vs RSji) of Ramayan is better than SK in terms of the flow of the storyline (Due to the epic itself being a fluent story but then it's a compilation of all sources and it's a great compilation).

Of course, Ramayan is perfect itself Anna, I just think Shri Krishna is more perfect because in my opinion, it's more difficult to take a serial based on Shri Krishna. The storyline is more intricate than Ramayan, not saying that i don't love Ramayan since as I told Varnita, it's my favorite epic and always will be, but it's an easier story to tell because everyone knows it, and everyone mostly agrees on the important events. With Krishna leela on the other hand, we have several sources which different people believe, and everyone always has something to complain about when what they believe in is not shown onscreen. I think RSji had more difficult of a time deciding what to show in SK, because there were a lot of events to cover and if he showed every one, people might have lost interest, but he managed to show all the important ones plus some light, fun scenes and also, the effects and graphics were a bit superior to Ramayan, especially the setting of Golok, the glow around Vishnu/Krishna's face in some scenes, etc.

But in general both his shows are near perfection.Clap There are a few things here and there I wish were shown differently, but with RS's shows there is not much we can complain about. the pros greatly outnumbered the cons.

Have you seen his Vikram aur Betaal?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ShivangBuch

ShivangBuch Goldie
ShivangBuch
ShivangBuch

Posted: 24 August 2012 at 9:56am | IP Logged
No doubt Chelli. SK was far far more difficult task for RSji than Ramayan. So if you are talking in those relative terms, effort of directing SK's earlier part was far more appreciationworthy attempt due to that tough challenge. Chronology of events (without any linking logical flow) like various demons and various balleelas (like Makhanchori, Vastraharan, Kaaliya, Govardhan), Radha's characterization, her age & her family's characterization, concept of Radha Krishna parallel observing the events from Golok being complex for many people to grasp, Nand-Yashoda's extent of knowledge about Krishna's secret, logic behind Kans's all different actions-reactions and strategies, characterization of Ugrasen-Shursen-Vasudev-Akrur, characterization of Narad completely different from his funny image, Krishna-Balram's love and Balram's maturity & understanding, all these were extremely difficult to portray compared to simple-fluent-clear story of Ramayan. There is no doubt about it. But whether the epic itself being the responsible factor or not, Ramayan for me is the serial I can see to be perfect in terms of not just the direction on screen but also dialog, songs, casting, simplicity, involvement & energy of actors just about everything. 

On the other hand, in SK, things like Chanur's character (minister rather than wrestler in the end), absence of Pradhyot as minister of Kans, Kans's two wives shown only once in the story, absence of Uddhav's character upto Kansvadh, Nand also not knowing about Krishna's secret, lack of explanation why did Garg or Shandilya not go with Akrur to help Akrur to handle Yashoda & Nand while telling them the secret (or even Akrur also using only Vasudev's sentence to be the evidence or standard instead of telling Nand to ask or cross verify also with Garg/Shandilya), overreactions of all the actors while acting during that scene (especially Akrur and Balram), lack of explanation why Kans didn't have any problem with Rohini's son being brought up at Nand's place, strange scene of Kans blackmailing Devaki by tying Vasudev above the well of snake (movie like drama), Kuvaliyapid thrown in the air, Radha looking younger than Krishna (or of the same age or probably just slightly elder to say the least but not elder enough the way we used to know), free behaviour of RadhaKrishna during holi time in front of Radha's parents, sudden transformation from Radha-Krishna in Golok to Rukmini-Krishna spiritual discussions in Dwarika in their secret chamber, Indra worshiping child forms of Radha Krishna and Govardhan story coming just in few years of time - there are many many places which fail to bind us throughout the storyline continuously and are scattered (of course it was almost impossible to bind all these stories in a flow with proper explanation - which in fact RSji has done brilliantly especially in pre-birth story of Krishna - Kans's actions in Mathura) whereas in Ramayan, I think there is only one incident of Agnipariksha when it seems that RSji suddenly decided to use RCM as dramatic suspense revealed by Ram to Lakshman for which there is no reference found in Aranya Kand story. Also some of the extra actors used by RSji again & again as different soldiers or servants etc was far more frequent & obvious in SK than in Ramayan.

Edited by ShivangBuch - 24 August 2012 at 12:49pm

..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Addictz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 24 August 2012 at 10:09am | IP Logged

Content Removed

ShivangBuch

ShivangBuch Goldie
ShivangBuch