Mythological Masti

India-Forums

Mythological Masti
Mythological Masti

{> Ramanand Sagar's Ramayan & Shri Krishna AT#1 <} (Page 48)

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Addictz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 21 August 2012 at 5:59am | IP Logged
@Varnita, yes I think in general people love Ramayan more than Shri Krishna because it was the first mythological show to be telecasted, but I love both so much.Heart I cannot forget Swapnil-Shweta as Krishna and Radha, and of course Bal Krishna as well, all the phases till teenage phase were just perfect for me.Day Dreaming I just wish they had a better adult Krishna, the series got boring after Krishna grew up.Ermm

@SahasranamaM, I agree. When I compare Ramayan and Shri Krishna, I cannot choose a favorite based on the show and actors, but I always felt that Ramanand Sagar achieved more perfection in direction during Shri Krishna. Ramayan was his first mythological show and he directed it brilliantly, but he directed Shri Krishna even more brilliantly, learning what the audience wants to see while at the same time staying true to the script.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

SahasranamaMShivangBuchVarnita.

Varnita. IF-Sizzlerz
Varnita.
Varnita.

Posted: 21 August 2012 at 7:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

@Varnita, yes I think in general people love Ramayan more than Shri Krishna because it was the first mythological show to be telecasted, but I love both so much.Heart I cannot forget Swapnil-Shweta as Krishna and Radha, and of course Bal Krishna as well, all the phases till teenage phase were just perfect for me.Day Dreaming I just wish they had a better adult Krishna, the series got boring after Krishna grew up.Ermm

No it is Not Because it is the First Mytho Telecasted, But I feel a Special Devotion for Lord Ram, In Short I m a Bigger Ram Bhakt that Krishna...Though Both r Same Wink !!
Yes the Story went a Bit boring after krishna Grew up, But Still Though I think it is the Best Krishna Series Tilll Now Big smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ShivangBuch..RamKiJanaki..

SahasranamaM Groupbie
SahasranamaM
SahasranamaM

Posted: 21 August 2012 at 11:11pm | IP Logged

@SahasranamaM, I agree. When I compare Ramayan and Shri Krishna, I cannot choose a favorite based on the show and actors, but I always felt that Ramanand Sagar achieved more perfection in direction during Shri Krishna. Ramayan was his first mythological show and he directed it brilliantly, but he directed Shri Krishna even more brilliantly, learning what the audience wants to see while at the same time staying true to the script.

Thanks Janaki. I remember reading someone's post (Doubt it was indeed your post) that Shri Krishna was poured with devotion. This is exactly what I too felt. Unless being a story, it emitted that much bhakthi towards us. And Sarvadaman Banerjee+Pinky Parekh were too good. It looked as if they really had an aura!

ShivangBuch..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 23 August 2012 at 8:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Varnita.

No it is Not Because it is the First Mytho Telecasted, But I feel a Special Devotion for Lord Ram, In Short I m a Bigger Ram Bhakt that Krishna...Though Both r Same Wink !!
Yes the Story went a Bit boring after krishna Grew up, But Still Though I think it is the Best Krishna Series Tilll Now Big smile

It is same for me too, Varnita.Embarrassed I've actually never said this outright because I don't want to sound like I don't consider all Gods one, but while I respect and love all the gods of our religion, Ramji and Sitaji hold a special place in my heart apart from the others.Heart They are my isht dev, and nothing gives me greater happiness than hearing, reading, or watching Ramayan, whether it be the epic or a mythological show. So for me it's hard to choose between RSR and RSK too. Serial-wise there are many pros and some cons with both, but I think when it comes to perfection in direction and storyline, Shri Krishna is a bit superior but when it comes to which is more special to my heart, it is Ramayan. I hope that makes sense.LOL

Btw, when I refer to Shri Krishna I hope you realize that I'm referring to the Ramanand Sagar directed portion of Shri Krishna, which ends right at Dwaraka Nirmaan. Afterwards it was direction by his sons and wasn't very impressive most of the time, though here and there some stories were good.Embarrassed

ShivangBuchVarnita.

..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 23 August 2012 at 8:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SahasranamaM

Thanks Janaki. I remember reading someone's post (Doubt it was indeed your post) that Shri Krishna was poured with devotion. This is exactly what I too felt. Unless being a story, it emitted that much bhakthi towards us. And Sarvadaman Banerjee+Pinky Parekh were too good. It looked as if they really had an aura!

Sarvadaman and Pinky did indeed make a good pair.Clap I didn't think so before watching the show, judging solely on pics, but after watching the whole thing I really liked them as Krishna and Rukmini. They expressed all the right emotions and the right time.

I even liked the other two actresses, Satyabhama and Jambavati. I think the first three wives of Krishna were casted perfectly.

SahasranamaMShivangBuch

..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 23 August 2012 at 8:57pm | IP Logged
Anyone online right now?Monkey Winks
MagadhSundari IF-Rockerz
MagadhSundari
MagadhSundari

Posted: 23 August 2012 at 9:06pm | IP Logged
Yeah Tongue

and SahasranamaM and Varni, welcome aboard!!!

Edited by lola610 - 23 August 2012 at 9:12pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ShivangBuch

ShivangBuch Goldie
ShivangBuch
ShivangBuch

Posted: 24 August 2012 at 12:23am | IP Logged
Welcome to both the new members.

Well Janaki. I always think RS R is better in terms of perfection than RS SK. In fact, Ramayan is my favourite purely because of its near perfection of direction and SK is my favourite because of its depth of spiritual concepts and devotion rather than perfection. I agree with you when you say SK's direction is great upto Dwarika nirman, but then again considering even story upto Dwarika nirman primarily directed by RSji himself, I think perfection of direction (RSji vs RSji) of Ramayan is better than SK in terms of the flow of the storyline (Due to the epic itself being a fluent story but then it's a compilation of all sources and it's a great compilation).

Edited by ShivangBuch - 24 August 2012 at 12:24am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

SahasranamaM

Go to top