Mythological Masti

India-Forums

Mythological Masti
Mythological Masti

{> Ramanand Sagar's Ramayan & Shri Krishna AT#1 <} (Page 38)

eyeofnewt Newbie
eyeofnewt
eyeofnewt

Posted: 21 March 2012 at 9:55pm | IP Logged
I have a couple of questions about the Krishna serial. I live in the USA and remember going to the local Indian video rental store as a kid every couple of weeks to a month waiting for the latest volume of Krishna to arrive, but after Krishna's early childhood there was a long delay and the store stopped receiving cassettes of the series. Were there some kind of production issues or did something happen? I recall going to India many years after that and accidentally catching the show on TV at a relative's house and Krishna was now an adult and in the midst of the Mahabharat yudh. I'd forgotten about the show completely and didn't realize it had moved so far along.

Also, why were so many of the original cast members like Narad and Saraswati replaced? I thought the original cast was really fitting...why weren't they ever properly listed in the credits? The later episodes seem to have a very different feel to them--artificial and devoid of the bhakti and earlier ethos. Did a new director take over or something? Also, did the Radha in Go Lok ever make any further appearances in the series?

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaShivangBucharun-deepsMagadhSundarimuffins2waffles..RamKiJanaki..

MagadhSundari IF-Rockerz
MagadhSundari
MagadhSundari

Posted: 22 March 2012 at 12:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by eyeofnewt

I have a couple of questions about the Krishna serial. I live in the USA and remember going to the local Indian video rental store as a kid every couple of weeks to a month waiting for the latest volume of Krishna to arrive, but after Krishna's early childhood there was a long delay and the store stopped receiving cassettes of the series.
I went through the same thing, except they stopped at the original version of Dwarika Nirmaan (which you've seen on my channel, the one with Swapnil instead of the adult Krishna)... it was left at a cliffhanger because Akrur asks they would manage to transport the entire population without having to deal with Jarasandh's blockade, and Krishna was like... "I got this, you'll see." I'm still waiting to find out how that was supposed to go Disapprove Were there some kind of production issues or did something happen? I recall going to India many years after that and accidentally catching the show on TV at a relative's house and Krishna was now an adult and in the midst of the Mahabharat yudh. I'd forgotten about the show completely and didn't realize it had moved so far along.
I had emailed the Sagar website and asked Swapnil Joshi about it on facebook; apparently Ramanand Sagar was ill for quite a while so they halted, and when the sons & grandsons decided to continue the show upon viewers' request a couple years later, Swapnil was midway through college and couldn't reprise his role. They ended up reairing the Uddhav track, cutting out a lot of the progress that was made in the Mahabharat storyline and the establishment of Dwarika, and reshooting it with Sarvadaman Banerjee who played Krishna as an adult.  There were many different directors involved and it even switched from DD1 to DD2 to Zee during that second wind, so that half of the show was plagued by gaps, inconsistencies, and flaws aplenty.
Also, why were so many of the original cast members like Narad and Saraswati replaced? I thought the original cast was really fitting...why weren't they ever properly listed in the credits? Saraswati was a bit part in both of Ramanand Sagar's shows so they kept recasting her every time we saw her... but yeah, the one in the beginning of Shri Krishna who sang Vidhi He did look the part. As for Narad, I really don't know why they didn't bring Deepak Dave back, he was my favorite Narad in any mythological film or show ever.  The cast seems to be listed in order of screen time after each episode; takes some deductive reasoning to figure out who played which character but we've matched most faces to names through this forum. Want links? The later episodes seem to have a very different feel to them--artificial and devoid of the bhakti and earlier ethos. Agreed. Did a new director take over or something? Many new directors took over. Most Sagar Arts productions after that point on have just been produced by the Sagars, and the directors of various story arcs along with the research staff are hired hands. They did tape commentaries for those later episodes of Krishna (as well as their later serials Jai Ganga Maiya, Brahma Vishnu Mahesh, etc.) with Ramanand Sagar when they released them on DVD as he had recovered by then, but they were not part of the telecast and IMO they did little to smooth over the cracks.  Also, did the Radha in Go Lok ever make any further appearances in the series?  Nope - last we saw her was in the Uddhav episode, and that was stock footage. The last appearance she made with dialogue was during the Dwait-Adwait discussion that followed the Holi episode and preceded the Raas Leela.

Edited by lola610 - 22 March 2012 at 12:22pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaShivangBuchmuffins2waffles..RamKiJanaki..

arun-deeps IF-Rockerz
arun-deeps
arun-deeps

Posted: 03 April 2012 at 11:12pm | IP Logged

Hey guys

how're u all!Missing u tonnes bt kya karun..exams hainEmbarrassed

RAM NAVMI spl
Sigs frmPaintings
RS RAMAYAN

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ShivangBuchDharmaPriyaaSia889..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Addictz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 13 April 2012 at 4:00pm | IP Logged
Heyyy, is anyone online? Was just rewatching some RSK scenes of Krishna at Mathura, and I want to discuss them with someone.Day Dreaming

If you guys are online, I'll bring back the diary thread to life, missing chatting with you guys!

Debi, Shivang Anna, Sema, Gunia, Lola...where are you guys? I feel so detached from you all these days.Cry

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaShivangBuchDharmaPriyaa

Debipriya Senior Member
Debipriya
Debipriya

Posted: 13 April 2012 at 8:54pm | IP Logged
Yeah Janu Hug, bring it on, I am here Smile , (i. e.- I will be there LOL ), for sure from next wk.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..RamKiJanaki..

arun-deeps IF-Rockerz
arun-deeps
arun-deeps

Posted: 14 April 2012 at 12:15am | IP Logged
Hi my RS fans..exams r over..Big smilehere r some sigs I wanted to share.
RS RAMAYAN

sec version

RS SHRI KRISHNA

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ShivangBuchDharmaPriyaa..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Addictz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 14 April 2012 at 6:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Debipriya

Yeah Janu Hug, bring it on, I am here Smile , (i. e.- I will be there LOL ), for sure from next wk.

Debiii, so happy to hear from you!HugHug How have you been?

Right now, the song of Bismit Sabha is ringing through my head.Day Dreaming

@Gunia,

Congrats with the exams! How did you do?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaShivangBuch

arun-deeps IF-Rockerz
arun-deeps
arun-deeps

Posted: 15 April 2012 at 12:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

@Gunia,

Congrats with the exams! How did you do?

Thanx a tonne..all's well Kripa Krishna Ki!Wink I hope dat results will come according to my expectationsEmbarrassed What all is going on hereShocked

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ShivangBuch

Go to top