Mythological Masti

India-Forums

Mythological Masti
Mythological Masti

{> Ramanand Sagar's Ramayan & Shri Krishna AT#1 <} (Page 29)

MagadhSundari IF-Rockerz
MagadhSundari
MagadhSundari

Posted: 14 October 2011 at 10:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by arun-deeps

OMG I love this scene!!! Had to be one hell of an earring, that it looked like lightning LOL Amazingly original concepts you siggify Gunu, hats off Clap

Seeing this I'm reminded of a discussion thread I've been wanting to start, but I need you guys' help framing the question. Some time back I did a lot of thinking about Ravan's monologue in front of his Shivling before his last battle with Shri Ram. I've always loved this scene because a) that room with its redness and smokiness looks so damn cool LOL and b) I always like to think that even the bad guys were really good guys and everyone just played their part in a drama in order to teach us all lessons, and this scene lent itself to that belief quite perfectly. The knowledge that Ravan demonstrates is mind boggling after all his "Shri MAT kaho usse!" crap, the way he admits that he KNOWS the power got to his head, he knows he's been blinded by pride and did stupid things under its spell, and that the spell was put in place by God himself. It's a short but incredibly complex dialogue that translates to, "yes, I know exactly what's going on! no I don't! yes I do! no I don't!" - and it got me thinking about several broad ideas - the idea of a conscience, of being aware of what's right and wrong and still choosing as we do, virodh bhakti as a consciously chosen mode of liberation, and the idea of actually being blinded by pride versus hiding behind this as a mere excuse. So, here's the scene, please help me organize my thoughts so we can get a discussion going and cover these and other related concepts:

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaShivangBuchDharmaPriyaaarun-deepsmuffins2waffles

ShivangBuch Goldie
ShivangBuch
ShivangBuch

Posted: 15 October 2011 at 5:30am | IP Logged
The timing of posting this scene is just amazing Lola. I thought about this scene just day before yesterday only while writing the fanfic on Gandhari in the Gandhari thread. Cosmic connection. Smile Sema is also planning to post something about Ravan and Kans virodh bhakti in Devotees thread started. She will also be posting the analysis of my Kans diary on Janmashtami in her diary thread. 

This sounds like or creates thoughts in our mind of interesting debate something like - Ravan's Prem Lakshanaa Bhakti of Shiv (Demanding, fighting, complaining, getting angry or unhappy) arguably - not sure whether right category or not (I mean prem to dur ki baat whether he can be called real true genuine worshiper/devotee or not) - Vs Ravan's Virodh Bhakti of Vishnu (Parallel devotion/meditation of two forms of God in different ways/bhaav). And deliberately chosen path of destruction in this world for salvation reminds me of Duryodhan's very popular sentence - "Janami dharmam na cha me pravrutti". (This sounds more applicable to above Ravan scene.) Always puzzling when does this statement comes in the epic because BRC Duryodhan is always stupid and never knowledgeable as his supporters claim with this Sanskrit saying!!!!!!!Shocked They just support him saying that he was self aware but lacked self control. He knew dharma but couldn't implement due to the inner natural strong force resisting/restricting him. One can't overcome one's nature and even Geeta says that one achieves salvation through the following of his/her nature only whether right or wrong because that is something which is destined by God (it's debateable whether the word destined here is something for which human is helpless which is programmed in own virtues & vices or something which is defined duties as per shaastra in various situations for humans. The alternate word SAHAJAM used in Geeta indicates the former interpretation. Prakrutim yaanti bhootaani, nigraha kim karishyasi?? Swabhaavjen Kaunteya nibadhdhah swen karmanaa, kartum nechchhasi yanmohaat, karishyasyavashopi tat - this is very very crucial interpretation required to be done. How can you expect/ask/force a lion or crockodile to eat vegetables or grass? And a fallen soul can't further fall but now can only be lifted by following own nature. One is required to follow always duty on hand in front in any situation and yet one is supposed to understand that eventually he will be doing only that whatever is naturally made done through him. This is most interesting theory of Geeta - Sahajam karm Kaunteya sadosham api na tyajet - I always wonder what is the context here - in the sense of choice of profession or way/approach of devotion???? Choice of greater role/duty in the situation of moral dilemma??? Or what? ).

Then the deliberate choice also joins the link of our mind to Taranisen story posted by Sema in Krittivas thread. A totally different from Duryodhan's case as he was also devotee with Daasya bhaav perhaps but only pretends unlike Duryodhan. Ravan is difficult to judge whether he is among pretenders like Taranisen & Kumbhkarna or like Duryodhan (as per that Sanskrit line and his epic image not our image through the serial) lacking self control. Kans is even more complex (also Shishupal) because he is not even mentioned anywhere to be knowledgeable (consciously doing adharma and knowing about his death possibly leading him towards salvation) I guess as claimed by some in case of Duryodhan and by most for Ravan.

Note: One must however take note that Duryodhan was not killed by Vishnu's incarnation and didn't go to Vaikunth but went to heaven and he wasn't the dwarpal of Vaikunth or related to Vishnu as his devotee but was Kaliyug.

And why Ravan has to take rebirth as Shishupal if he is killed by Ram and is said to have got the salvation? Why first of all Ravan had to take birth when Hiranyaksha was killed by Varah? Even if Jay had to take birth thrice, then also how can the theory that 'one who is killed by Vishnu gets immediate mukti' be wrong? And Shishupal - the last birth didn't even utter the name of Hari (which Ravan did just before dying) and also the circumstances of his death were not gradually built up like Ravan's surroundings becoming exhausted one by one with relatives breaking his ego by the end of his life when the last arrow was shot in his navel.

Edited by ShivangBuch - 17 October 2011 at 1:34am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaDharmaPriyaamuffins2waffles

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Addictz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 16 October 2011 at 12:28pm | IP Logged
Hey Guys,

Guess what? I learned how to cut clips from online videos and upload them to youtube!Dancing 

I cut this Radha/Gopis clip from RSK to request some avis from Vicky, because the original vid was too long.

Just sharing this with you cause I'm so excited.LOL

Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 16 October 2011 at 12:28pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaShivangBuchDharmaPriyaamuffins2waffles

arun-deeps IF-Rockerz
arun-deeps
arun-deeps

Posted: 23 October 2011 at 1:03am | IP Logged
Hey guys here's my update
RS RAMAYAN

RS SHRI KRISHNA (SHARAD PURNIMA SPL)

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaShivangBuchDharmaPriyaamuffins2waffles..RamKiJanaki..

muffins2waffles IF-Sizzlerz
muffins2waffles
muffins2waffles

Posted: 23 October 2011 at 4:34pm | IP Logged
Beautiful update Gunia!

I'm loving this one Day Dreaming

I know I make an appearance about once a blue moon and then act like I was always here. Blushing Will try to be more active.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriya..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 23 October 2011 at 5:44pm | IP Logged
Gorgeous update, Gunia, I LOVE this one!

^^ It's very divine and ethereal.Day Dreaming

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

muffins2waffles

..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 23 October 2011 at 5:47pm | IP Logged

Hey Guys,

Here are some sigs I have to share with you all! On the first two, I used text from some telugu mytho songs...will tell you the meaning.

"I am your Radha, and even while standing here, I am constantly drowned in thoughts of you."
^^ There's actually more to this line, but it's olden day telugu so I couldn't decipher some of the words.Embarrassed The gist is the same though, that Radha is always drowned in meditation of Krishna.

Translation: Sita asked him, "How can you plan on going without your shadow?"

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaShivangBuchDharmaPriyaamuffins2waffles

..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 23 October 2011 at 5:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by aishi.muffin

I know I make an appearance about once a blue moon and then act like I was always here. Blushing Will try to be more active.

Why don't you post that one SitaRam sig you made before you lose it?! And make more?Pig

Go to top