Mythological Masti
Mythological Masti

India-Forums

{> Ramanand Sagar's Ramayan & Shri Krishna AT#1 <} (Page 103)

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Stunnerz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 7:34am | IP Logged

Happy Diwali everyone!Party I hope Ram, Sita, and Lakshman bless you all with a long life full of health, wealth, and happiness.Hug

Here's a small Diwali update I prepared from our beloved Ramayan!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

jklpShivangBuchvisrom

visrom IF-Veteran Member
visrom
visrom

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 9:51pm | IP Logged
Lovely siggies Janaki...Big smile
visrom IF-Veteran Member
visrom
visrom

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 5:43am | IP Logged
A very very Happy Diwali to everyone. Party
arun-deeps IF-Rockerz
arun-deeps
arun-deeps

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 11:16am | IP Logged
HAPPY DIWALI

Ram aave Avadh Ki or sajni!Party
awesome siggies Janu di...hv commented at ur gallery tooEmbarrassed

eyeofnewt Newbie
eyeofnewt
eyeofnewt

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 6:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lola610

@ Rahul - Unfortunately, there is no perfect set of Shri Krishna DVDs. Asian's 12 disc set is the one you linked in the thread about the flute tune - it is completely unedited and has good sound, but it ends at Sandipani's ashram and has permanent subtitles. The 56 disc set is just a compilation of all the MoserBaer Masterpacks, and both are missing most of the material in the first 3-4 volumes of the VHS set - no breaking of Narad's ego, no narration of Dashavtars by Shukdev, no detailed introduction of the circumstances in Mathura, no first glimpses of Devaki and Vasudev, no Jarasandh-Banasur meeting, no marriage of Kans to Asti and Prapti. Though it cuts several songs and scenes along the way, it does cover the whole series (as in whatever had aired after the redone Dwarika Nirmaan and Varnavat scenes with Sarvadaman Banerjee in place of Swapnil). These sets are nearly HD, but the sound isn't as clear as the visuals. Personally, if I didn't still have the VHS set intact I would prioritize completeness and get Asian's 12 disc, followed by MoserBaer's masterpacks for ONLY the post-Gurukul episodes (and even those, I would stop with whichever one had the Sudama arc). I *think* that the only decent release of a mytho show was the Priya version of RS Ramayan, which as per my knowledge contains many of the songs and scenes missing from the more easily available versions, and is HD w/o permanent subtitles unlike the Asian version.

Thanks, lola. That was very informative. You should probably pin this info or include it in one of the many informational threads you guys have here. I can't tell you how much valuable information I've found stored away in these forums over the years.

Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

Wah re wah Janaki ji! Ati sundar! Though I wish the costume department didn't put Deepika in that mamoth Mahalakshmi type mukut for the raj darbar scene; its far too large for her head. The smaller more feminine crowns are better suited for her small face.

While it is not quite Ramand Sagar's Ramayan, but I thought I'd make a Diwali contribution of my own. I hope that is not sacrilege here. I only have the RS serials on old VHS tapes which have not been digitized.

Ram Darbar 

Siya Ram: Ek Prem Ki Katha 

Edited by eyeofnewt - 14 November 2012 at 1:22am
lola610 IF-Rockerz
lola610
lola610

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 6:52pm | IP Logged
^^ You're very welcome, Rahul! And that's a good idea; maybe I'll just edit into the first page of this thread or over at the help desk. Will get to your PMs in just a bit!

Janu and Gunu, BEAUTIFUL Diwali/Dusshera stuff dearies... bas dekho aur dekhte reh jaao Day Dreaming I'm going to comment on them individually tonight, right after I do a few back-to-back posts of Diwali creations myself.

Here goes the first, in two versions, from the song that depicts Ayodhya's preparations for Shri Ram's return. Since that song is only in the poor quality uploads, it's kinda hard to see stuff, but anyway:

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

jklpShivangBucharun-deeps

jklp Goldie
jklp
jklp

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 2:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

Happy Diwali everyone!Party I hope Ram, Sita, and Lakshman bless you all with a long life full of health, wealth, and happiness.Hug

This is just wonderful Janaki dear. Thank u a ton. Shri Ram, Mata Siya, Lakshman Ji & Hanuman Ji bless u all.
jklp Goldie
jklp
jklp

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 2:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lola610

^^ You're very welcome, Rahul! And that's a good idea; maybe I'll just edit into the first page of this thread or over at the help desk. Will get to your PMs in just a bit!

Janu and Gunu, BEAUTIFUL Diwali/Dusshera stuff dearies... bas dekho aur dekhte reh jaao Day Dreaming I'm going to comment on them individually tonight, right after I do a few back-to-back posts of Diwali creations myself.

Here goes the first, in two versions, from the song that depicts Ayodhya's preparations for Shri Ram's return. Since that song is only in the poor quality uploads, it's kinda hard to see stuff, but anyway:

Very very nice Lola610. Really heart -touching  siggies. This Ramayan is incomparable. Arun Ji & Deepika Ji rocks.

Edited by jklp - 14 November 2012 at 2:11am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

arun-deeps

Go to top