Users

Frequent Posters

Vishakha_Sakhi thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: arun-deeps

Hey guys,
posting text brushes of Seeta Maiya!
FEEL FREE TO USE dem!😳

Love the brushes Gunu!  and thank you so much for all the pics and videos. You are the lifeline of this AT! 🤗

Edited by Vedo - 11 years ago
Vishakha_Sakhi thumbnail

Originally posted by: JanakiRaghunath

Here's a new article on Arun Govil guys.

Mythological serials still acceptable to audience: Arun Govil

The writer has posted comments on this articleBy Meera VohraMeera Vohra, TNN | Dec 1, 2012, 07.23 PM IST
inShare0
Share on Linkedin
More
Google BookmarksNewsvine
Live BookmarksTechnorati
Yahoo BookmarksBlogmarks
Del.icio.usApnaCircle
Email this article
Save this article
My Saved articles
AReduce font size
AIncrease font size
inShare
Share More
Email this article
Save this article
AReduce font size
AIncrease font size
URL copied to clipboard
Google BookmarksNewsvine
Live BookmarksTechnorati
Yahoo BookmarksBlogmarks
Del.icio.usApnaCircle
My Saved articles
READ MORE Arun Govil|Ramayan
Mythological serials still acceptable to audience: Arun Govil
Arun Govil

RELATED

Actor Arun Govil who played Ram in the teleserial Ramayan believes that "mythological serials did bring the right kind of positivity but after Ramayan and Mahabharat, the kind of such shows lacked sincerity so did not create the right kind of impact.

"The makers of such shows lost direction, so the kind of reaction the earlier serials evoked from the audience could not be repeated due this. But the audience for mythological shows is still there, take the example of the current show on Devon Ke Dev Mahadev, though personally I have not seen, is creating ripples. So such shows are still acceptable to the audience," he says.

I agree with what Arunji has said. The audience is there for Mytho shows...we just want for the makers to stay true to the subject matter and not include their own whimsical, fictional plots! 

Nice artice, tfs Janu. 😊

arun-deeps thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: visrom

This part is partly true and has been proven recently by one of the latest Ramayans where Lakshman is being shown as threatening to kill Parshuram.

The story was the same and while remaking it, they wanted to try and add something which was not shown in the earlier versions and as a result many of these mytho shows have got carried away too far. Everything they show can be traced to some small source somewhere...and it maybe some over imaginative Fan Fiction writer of the ancient era who has added his/her own brain to the original story.

Maybe I am old fashioned but I prefer less technology in such shows...that's why the old Ramayan and Mahabharat still hold their charm (for me). Too much of lighting,  designer wear and special camera effects in mytho shows don't attract me that much.

Finally the fact remains that R S Ramayan and B R Mahabharat came at a time when there was only one channel on TV. Naturally the entire country was hooked to it. Now everyone has other options...people won't watch a mytho show when there's a gripping cricket match/IPL/cartoon show/block buster movie going on in another channel.

Ya I also feel that there are some new mythos which are good...but most of dem loose their grounds, as they run more after showing something new which wasn't seen by audience. Just glamorizing a show with good make up and new  techniques and thinking that the older versions lacked technique, so newer ones are good to see...is such a ridiculous thing to prove new shows better, m sorry but for me first thing is the soul and devotion of the show & authenticity of the story , which makes a good show for me.
We should also understand that in old times, there was only one make up man and dress wala who arranged for make ups and costumes, but now there is a team, so it has to be better now-a-days, but my good old serials did magic with not so good make up and old techniques, is what wonders me...even if we talk of mytho movies, they did not had such a LARGE impact as Ramayan and Mahabhrat had. As the shows changed mentality of ppl. Like during Bharat Milap scene united two muslim brothers, and many more incidents which were divine n magical MAN!
😲
arun-deeps thumbnail

Hey guys,

one more article of Arun ji!!

No character certificate needed for Lord Ram: Arun Govil

By Neha Maheshwri, TNN | Nov 18, 2012, 12.00 AM IST
More
A
A
READ MORE Ram Jethmalani|Arun Govil|Lord Ram
Arun GovilMore Pics
The recent controversy that sparked off following lawyer Ram Jethmalani's comment on Lord Ram may have died down (His comment: Ram was a bad husband. I don't like him at all. Just because some fisherman said something, he sent that poor woman (Sita) to vanvaas).

But actor Arun Govil — original on-screen Lord Ram — still feels strongly about it. The actor spoke to TOI and said that the comment was in bad taste.

Says Arun, "Making positive comments is out of fashion now. Lord Ram wasn't a normal human being, so he can't be compared with anyone. Also, being a king, the interest of his subjects was above his own family. He abandoned his wife to avoid any confusion and misconception among his subjects."

He adds, "We don't need a character certificate for Lord Ram from Jethmalani. It wouldn't have made any difference if he had not made such a comment."
jklp thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Hey guys,

one more article of Arun ji!!

By Neha Maheshwri, TNN | Nov 18, 2012, 12.00 AM IST
More
A
A
READ MORE Ram Jethmalani|Arun Govil|Lord Ram
Arun GovilMore Pics
The recent controversy that sparked off following lawyer Ram Jethmalani's comment on Lord Ram may have died down (His comment: Ram was a bad husband. I don't like him at all. Just because some fisherman said something, he sent that poor woman (Sita) to vanvaas).

But actor Arun Govil ' original on-screen Lord Ram ' still feels strongly about it. The actor spoke to TOI and said that the comment was in bad taste.

Says Arun, "Making positive comments is out of fashion now. Lord Ram wasn't a normal human being, so he can't be compared with anyone. Also, being a king, the interest of his subjects was above his own family. He abandoned his wife to avoid any confusion and misconception among his subjects."

He adds, "We don't need a character certificate for Lord Ram from Jethmalani. It wouldn't have made any difference if he had not made such a comment."

Arun Ji  has given a very  appropriate answer to that lawyer who has made derrogatory comments against Prabhu Shri Ramachandra. Does that lawyer have  any idea of  Prabhu Shri Ramachandra ? I don't think.Yes, Shri Ramachandra was not just a human being. He is Lord Vishnu Himself. Apart from that Prabhu Shri Ramachandra was also a king belonging to the great Raghukul where words &  duties are more important than life & family.  RAGHUKUL REET SADA CHALI AAYI, PRAN JAAYE PAR VACHAAN NA JAYE. As a king, He had to give importance to the majority opinion of his subjects. Shri Ram's ancestors did the same. Raja Harischandra had to sell his wife & sons in the market & Raja Shibi sacrificed his life to protect the life of  Kaapot ( pigeon). Shri Ramachandra maintained the glory of Raghukul by the following the duty of a king. By the way, in UTTAR RAMAYAN, its clearly mentioned that Mata Siya send her spy to know why Shri Ramachandra is disturbed after meeting His subjects. Then, Mata Siya says Shri Ramachandra that  He would to leave Her for the sake of  Raghukul Reet & rajmaryada. One can;t even imagine the pain of Shri Ramachandra when Mata Siya went to forest. Shri Ramachandra as a king was compelled to send Mata Siya to forest, He never wanted to send, because Shri Ramachandra & Mata Siya are one. Shri Ramachandra also lead the life of an ascetic after Mata Siya left for Vanvaas. How can we forget the sacrifice of Prabhu Shri Ramachandra ? Shri Ramachandra is Marryada Purshottam. . By the way, we are mortal beings. We are so tiny that we cannot think of even judging Prabhu Shri Ramachandra who is infinite & present in every atom. Prabhu Shri Ramachandra, us lawyer ko subuddhi de. Jai SiyaRam.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Thanks for sharing the new article, Gunu! I really appreciate Arunji for such a noble comment on my Lord Ram.👏 I can never condone anyone speaking bad about Ramji because although he is the father of the whole world, I feel very protective of him as if I were his mom.😳😆 I know it sounds so strange, but I hate it when people speak bad about Lord Ram and Lord Krishna.😭 Some people are just so ignorant and think they know everything about the scriptures. They read the epics on a surface level and make horrible comments on Ramji abandoning his wife or Krishna "having many relationships" with the Gopis during Maharaas.🤢
I'm so happy Arunji spoke out about this! He has proved himself to be a true Ram devotee.
arun-deeps thumbnail

Originally posted by: jklp

Arun Ji  has given a very  appropriate answer to that lawyer who has made derrogatory comments against Prabhu Shri Ramachandra. Does that lawyer have  any idea of  Prabhu Shri Ramachandra ? I don't think.Yes, Shri Ramachandra was not just a human being. He is Lord Vishnu Himself. Apart from that Prabhu Shri Ramachandra was also a king belonging to the great Raghukul where words &  duties are more important than life & family.  RAGHUKUL REET SADA CHALI AAYI, PRAN JAAYE PAR VACHAAN NA JAYE. As a king, He had to give importance to the majority opinion of his subjects. Shri Ram's ancestors did the same. Raja Harischandra had to sell his wife & sons in the market & Raja Shibi sacrificed his life to protect the life of  Kaapot ( pigeon). Shri Ramachandra maintained the glory of Raghukul by the following the duty of a king. By the way, in UTTAR RAMAYAN, its clearly mentioned that Mata Siya send her spy to know why Shri Ramachandra is disturbed after meeting His subjects. Then, Mata Siya says Shri Ramachandra that  He would to leave Her for the sake of  Raghukul Reet & rajmaryada. One can;t even imagine the pain of Shri Ramachandra when Mata Siya went to forest. Shri Ramachandra as a king was compelled to send Mata Siya to forest, He never wanted to send, because Shri Ramachandra & Mata Siya are one. Shri Ramachandra also lead the life of an ascetic after Mata Siya left for Vanvaas. How can we forget the sacrifice of Prabhu Shri Ramachandra ? Shri Ramachandra is Marryada Purshottam. . By the way, we are mortal beings. We are so tiny that we cannot think of even judging Prabhu Shri Ramachandra who is infinite & present in every atom. Prabhu Shri Ramachandra, us lawyer ko subuddhi de. Jai SiyaRam.

Ya dear! What Arunji said is very right n so are u!
Ppl only feel Seetaji's pain, its not that I don't feel pain for her, ya off course I feel her pain. But, still I can't ignore Ramji's pain, when we cudn't share our pain with someone, it becomes heavier than a mountain. n then too ppl ins**t Ramji by saying such bad words! Its really sad, but m happy to hear a nice comment of Arun ji on this state

arun-deeps thumbnail

Thanks for sharing the new article, Gunu! I really appreciate Arunji for such a noble comment on my Lord Ram.👏 I can never condone anyone speaking bad about Ramji because although he is the father of the whole world, I feel very protective of him as if I were his mom.😳😆 I know it sounds so strange, but I hate it when people speak bad about Lord Ram and Lord Krishna.😭 Some people are just so ignorant and think they know everything about the scriptures. They read the epics on a surface level and make horrible comments on Ramji abandoning his wife or Krishna "having many relationships" with the Gopis during Maharaas.🤢

I'm so happy Arunji spoke out about this! He has proved himself to be a true Ram devotee.

Ya I feel d same thing, I also become very much protective when it comes on Ramji n Lord krishna!😆 Its really horrible to say such things, we shouldn't even think of such a thing about such merciful Lords!😭
Ha ha ya m happy how he spoke for Ramji! I also saw his comments on India TV!😊

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Ya I feel d same thing, I also become very much protective when it comes on Ramji n Lord krishna!😆 Its really horrible to say such things, we shouldn't even think of such a thing about such merciful Lords!😭
Ha ha ya m happy how he spoke for Ramji! I also saw his comments on India TV!😊

Yes, it's horrible to think such things of Gods. I don't understand how some people do it.🤔

What did he say on India TV? Is it a new article of his?
arun-deeps thumbnail

Yes, it's horrible to think such things of Gods. I don't understand how some people do it.🤔

What did he say on India TV? Is it a new article of his?

Ya its unfortunate that ppl do dis! They should be very shameful! He said the same thing that the article contains...ya u can say its recent as it was published last month only