Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: .anishaa.

As for the costumes in these songs, I really love the green and yellow combo used on the Prem Satkaar Karo song from the Jarasandh-Banasur scene.

Musically, I think the rhythm of Raag Rang Chhayo is exceptional, as is the handling taans by Kavita Krishnamurthy and Hemlata. Vocally it's a more challenging feat than the other songs, IMO.

For overall the entertainment factor I like the Mohini Avtaar song; always had a weakness for dancing daanavs 😆

As for choreography... I'm kinda torn. Mohini avtaar song's not even in the running, because it's more about the acting than the movement so the steps aren't that complicated. Certain steps from the Prem Satkaar Karo song are really impressive; they do proper bridges and there's that one chakkar they do with their arms interlinked and every 2nd dancer is reclined - will cite the timing when I get a chance to log back in, but I always found that really cool. The choreography in general is more semi-classical, though, for that one - Lankeshwar Raajeshwar is a bit more authentic. Need Aishu to weigh in on this too. What do you think?
Lolaveri 😲 That is a lot of analysis! You sound like such a seasoned mytho professional discussing all these complexities 👏 You should apply to Sagar Arts or something and put all this in your resume 😉 No really! :D I'm sure they would be thrilled to have you on board ;)
For me, the absolute best song picturized in SK, or any mytho for that matter, is the Raas Leela one between Radha and Krishna. Again, like you said, for the acting rather than the choreography. And I really really liked the dance in Lankeshwar Raajeshwar. If I'm not mistaken, the form was Bharatnatyam right? But holistically, it appeared to be very classical and well executed. Please cite the timing, I'd be glad to look at that.

That chakkar I was referring to goes from 5:16 to 5:22 in this, Nishi:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqr0YY15aAI[/YOUTUBE]

And lol thanks for appreciating the analysis... this is the stuff I like to think and talk about for fun when it comes to mythos 😆 So, I'd love for these kinds of discussions to persist, hint hint ;) Lankeshwar Raajeshwar was indeed Bharatnatyam. So was some of the footwork from Raag Rang Chhayo, but for the most part, that and the others are blends of multiple classical forms.
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: JanakiRaghunath

You can't beat this, Lola,
 OH YES I CAN 😈

Thanks for liking the sig btw.🤗
you're welcome, make more!

.anishaa. thumbnail

YOU'RE SCARING ME GUYS 😆 😆 😆 😆 
G-rated kay? 😉 😛 
Edited by .anishaa. - 11 years ago
Varnita. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Ohh God, What a Counter attack Lola 🤣
.anishaa. thumbnail

Originally posted by: lola610

That chakkar I was referring to goes from 5:16 to 5:22 in this, Nishi:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqr0YY15aAI[/YOUTUBE]

And lol thanks for appreciating the analysis... this is the stuff I like to think and talk about for fun when it comes to mythos 😆 So, I'd love for these kinds of discussions to persist, hint hint ;) Lankeshwar Raajeshwar was indeed Bharatnatyam. So was some of the footwork from Raag Rang Chhayo, but for the most part, that and the others are blends of multiple classical forms.

They defo shall persist behna ;) Quite frankly I enjoy these types of convos as well. In my next post I will analyze the aesthetics of Mohini's outfit from head to toe, material to beadwork, you name it 😆 Let me get P&P out of the way first though 😳 
.anishaa. thumbnail

shaant lolaveri, shaant.

Peace love and happyness 

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Oooh, I'm scared.

NOT!!!!!
Now you shall see my Kali roop!
.anishaa. thumbnail
anyone wanna edit their spots in the "mockery of religion in films" thread? ;) HINT HINT 😆 😆 jk take your take :)
.anishaa. thumbnail
This is random, I apologize 😆 But I was scrolling down the first page of this thread today and I came upon this post:

Can we take the pic down? 😳 At the beginning of that post? Because I don't see how it's relevant 🤣
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: .anishaa.

This is random, I apologize 😆 But I was scrolling down the first page of this thread today and I came upon this post:

Can we take the pic down? 😳 At the beginning of that post? Because I don't see how it's relevant 🤣

Oh dear!😆😆 I think that was one of the tinypic pictures I used a long time ago of Ramanand Sagar which got deleted and replaced with some random, weird picture. It happened when all tinypic links got deleted, don't ask.😳

And yeah, I'll replace that pic and also make a pretty banner for this AT. The current one is sooo ugly, lol.