India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

TWO BRILLIANT CHARACTERIZATIONS

lovetheserial IF-Dazzler
lovetheserial
lovetheserial

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 3:33am | IP Logged

Yesterdays, episode was brilliant for two characters brought alive, an entire storyline..(sorry, not mentioning MSK even though he's my sweetheart everytime I view an episode)...

1)      The villainous Brij who stole the limelight because he endorsed "Honor Killing""as a way of life.

2)      Darling Geet, who turned the tables on this issue, reinterpreted the very word "H K" and spoke thru her emotions, her eyes, her fearful heart – this got me into a flashback, remembering the awful years that even MSK dint look at her with any grain of sympathy! How much she would have suffered. She had to run a race indifferently, not caring whether she was losing or winning, but held her baby's life dearer than anything in the world, that terrible loneliness, that sinking feeling within her…what would a next day hold for her!

But a reminder to all of us, that these evil practices are very much a part of todays Indian scene! The most significant contribution of a woman's movement to the global struggle for equality is the consciousness that all struggles for liberation are indivisible.

The CV's have for the first time dealt a blow to "H K" through their very lead actress Geet.  It would enhance the potential of the show very well, if the creatives' consulted expertise in this area to reveal how best she could propagate issues as these, in future.

When they zoomed into Arjun's eyes in the last segment, through all the frivolous romance between AA, those eyes spoke a lot,  of seething anger and vengeance – cool and calculative. The man's eyes shown DANGER! BEWARE!

As few of you posted on the topic: Life without a baby cannot be perceived as a happy storyline for Geet and the torment for Geet of losing a baby is not worth that trauma.   Somehow I am always shedding tears for Geet.  But somewhere in an FF I had posted that had there been a child conceived of Maan soon after, it would set a romantic and more passionate twist to the whole baby mc track!  But now I feel this longed-for baby, their struggles, Maan's foster parenting, and a love-child of their own, Geet's transformation, all would add spice and content to new tracks.  Besides a track full of real issues that Indian women face today.

Only one question: I wonder how many of us would passionately review and post had the two main leads been 2 others than GC and DD.!!  Geet is simply extraordinary in her role as the drama queen of this serial.

Love.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

piyushitazeen_29hindu4lyf

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top