Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

India-Forums

did chang and sushant deserves 30??? (Page 6)

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 10:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by CZ..

a fantastic =/= a fantastic performance. even binny from DID was much better, who was average at best. I have to disagree....I really liked Binny's act in DID too but in my opinion, Sushant trumped that.....his and Shampa's act flowed better and did not depend on a rotating motor for many of their theatrics....it was simple, beautiful choreography which was executed perfectly in sync IMO....anyways I guess this just depends on what ppl connect to and what they don't....you obviously did not connect to the concept and choreography of this act at all hence you completely dislike it and prefer Binny's.....to each their own.

1 out of 6? how versatile is that? it has been 6 weeks since the show started and the only different thing that has come out of the sushant camp is popping and locking. he's a good jazz/contemporary dancer, but is he a good dancer overall? I don't think so. choreography is superb because it has to be - that's his forte and niche.  1 out of 6? What does that mean? As in only ONE act of Sushant's was different and rest were all the same? No I didn't say that at all....if you can't find any versatility and difference b/w his chau act and his o re piya act then I really can't say anything else to you. Hope the other contestants are providing you with the versatility you are looking for.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

MamanalunzasensodyneNisha_90

sensodyne IF-Rockerz
sensodyne
sensodyne

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 10:35am | IP Logged
Firstly was this thread discussion about Sushant being best dancer or that whether he deserved 30 or not??

If it was whether he deserved 30 then yes he deserved it. I don't know much about dance forms,so  I may not be able to point out the technical aspect of dance,his kathak was surely not laughable like he wasn't insulting that form of dance by doing in such a bad manner to hurt sentiments of people who know kathak I feel nor it was like distracting that much to say it was a bad performance. As a audience with almost nil amount of knowledge in dance I enjoyed it which took me to different world which was purpose of the act and both Sushant and Shampa succeed in it.

Third week he did was "Mayurban Chau" rite and I don't think that is contemporary/jazz form of dance. Confused As far I know yesterday was second time he did contemporary in out of his 6 acts till now.

And which other contestant have given 6 different forms of dancing in JDJ this time?

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

MamanalunzaNisha_90AreYaar

lunza IF-Rockerz
lunza
lunza

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 10:39am | IP Logged
he has done jazz , salsa , contemporary , locking and popping , chhau in the past six weeks ....
02aug30 Groupbie
02aug30
02aug30

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 12:41pm | IP Logged
i am sorry guys i don't like the way sushant dances, he has the same expression on his face, he does not complete the moves, compare to other dancers i don't like his dance, for me his dance moves does not flow
chang i know both partners were not in sync but he danced well
U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 12:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lunza

sushant's first dance was jazz , second was salsa , third was folk (chhau ), fourth was contemporary , fifth was locking and popping ...
the theme for the sixth week was madhuri special i.e bollywood ...
and there is no "bollywood form" as such .. bwood is just a mix mash of many dance forms ..
So the contestants and choreos were free to choose what kind of styles they wanted to put in their dance ..
And hence , sushant and shampa decided on a mix of contemp and jazz with a bit of kathak etc ..
So how are his dances becoming redundant ? Confused

sure, in theory definitely yes. but all his dances always have a bit of jazz in them. hence all the performances look similar. if I'm someone who hasn't seen even one of sushant's performances and I get to know that he's been getting 30 for three consecutive weeks, then I'd expect that he did extraordinarily well in all the styles that he chose, that there would be a clear distinction between each and every style that he attempted. why else would get the perfect score so many times?

instead, what we get is = jazz, salsa + jazz, chhau + jazz, contemporary + jazz, bollywood + jazz. basically, there's always a bit of jazz in all his performances. he needs to let go of his style and get into a different style to be known as 'versatile'. 
U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 1:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

Originally posted by CZ..

a fantastic =/= a fantastic performance. even binny from DID was much better, who was average at best. I have to disagree....I really liked Binny's act in DID too but in my opinion, Sushant trumped that.....his and Shampa's act flowed better and did not depend on a rotating motor for many of their theatrics....it was simple, beautiful choreography which was executed perfectly in sync IMO....anyways I guess this just depends on what ppl connect to and what they don't....you obviously did not connect to the concept and choreography of this act at all hence you completely dislike it and prefer Binny's.....to each their own.

I said I found binny's performance 'average' at best. and if she scores more than sushant then yes, his performance was below average for me. 

1 out of 6? how versatile is that? it has been 6 weeks since the show started and the only different thing that has come out of the sushant camp is popping and locking. he's a good jazz/contemporary dancer, but is he a good dancer overall? I don't think so. choreography is superb because it has to be - that's his forte and niche.  1 out of 6? What does that mean? As in only ONE act of Sushant's was different and rest were all the same? No I didn't say that at all....if you can't find any versatility and difference b/w his chau act and his o re piya act then I really can't say anything else to you. Hope the other contestants are providing you with the versatility you are looking for.

@underlined - I've addressed that issue in my previous post too. I'm saying that there's always that 'jazz' influence in his routines. there are always a few steps that spell out 'j-a-z-z' loudly. he's always maintaining the lines, parallel feet and the upright posture. chhau doesn't have a similar technique, neither does salsa nor popping + locking. 

other contestants are not getting the perfect 30 week after week. I'd have had the same stance had it been some other contestant too. it's not like I'm out to trash sushant because of some personal bias. had it been ankita, ragini, chang or anyone else - I would have said the same thing. 
Tani91 IF-Sizzlerz
Tani91
Tani91

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 1:49pm | IP Logged
I think they both deserved the 30.....Chang because he seriously is gorn as a dancer so much and if the underdog this season

Sushant....just simply fab.....I'm not a trained dancer so dont know the technical aspects but I loved the concept and execution of the dance....the fluid movements....it was all done flawlessly.....

for me both of them deserve the 30

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Mamana

.Mandy. Channel Moderator
.Mandy.
.Mandy.

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 4:18pm | IP Logged
Yes, both Chang and Sushant deserved their perfect scores. I agree with Nikita, Chang's dance didn't really have a concept but it was energetic and well choregraphed. Chang performed very well and has shown tremendous groW*H since the show began. He has really been impressive these past few weeks

With Sushant, the performance was not only well choreographed, the concept was well done too. That is one thing I have admired with Sushant and Shampa's performances, the concepts.  

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Mamana

Go to top