Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

India-Forums

did chang and sushant deserves 30??? (Page 5)

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 11:59am | IP Logged
I don't quite buy the logic that unless you are an experienced dancer and it isn't possible to do it in one take, it's fine that you did it even if you didn't do it well.....if they weren't managing to co-ordinate for the chair portion, they should have taken it out of their dance routine.....they did a superb job otherwise.....but the chair portion took away from that in my opinion. 

Like last time, Chang's act was superb and very deserving of a 30 cuz they did everything in a pitch perfect manner....so obviously he's capable of getting it all right......which he didn't in this act with the chair bit....hence my reasoning that it didn't deserve a perfect score cuz it wasn't a perfect act.

Sushant's was the only act in this Madhuri special which was truly a perfect act starting from concept, choreography to execution....that is why it felt deserving of a 30 to me.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MamanaNisha_90

EatPrayLove Senior Member
EatPrayLove
EatPrayLove

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 9:42pm | IP Logged
@nureat01 : yeah, that's more logical LOL.

Well, I don't really have much of an interest in details. I'm no good at dancing either. I just evaluate my own reaction at the end of a performance, and if there is a smile on my face, then I feel it is perfect.

Chang's performance brought a BIG smile to my face. Sushant's performance brought the "awww" type smile on my face. So IMO, both performances were superb.

I know it's a vague way of judgment, but then that's how I do it.

Edited by EatPrayLove - 20 January 2011 at 9:43pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

lunza

...PARiNA... IF-Rockerz
...PARiNA...
...PARiNA...

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 9:53pm | IP Logged
im not a fan of chang or shushant .. but yes def shushat and shanpa deserve 30 !!

dance is just not chorography ......

as they said ......... it takes u to another world ..\!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Mamanalunza

U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 4:29am | IP Logged
sushant definitely didn't. I haven't seen chang's performance so I can't comment on that, but sushant's performance was no where even close to 'perfect'. his classical stances were laughable at best and the hybrid between jazz and kathak was blah. I'm a trained kathak and jazz dancer myself and the entire fusion looked messy and botched up. they screwed up with the jazz technique too, leave alone kathak (which was very forgettable) 

o re piya is such a beautiful, soulful song. it stirs so many emotions within you each time you listen to it, and when someone dances to a song like this, then it should live up to the superiority of the song itself. sushant's performance was, however, not up to the mark at all. 

plus his contemporary, lyrical jazz routines are becoming redundant now. even if he's trained in jazz then there a so many other jazz styles - street, funky, afro, broadway etc. he needs to step out of his comfort zone and do something different. his constant 30's are becoming tasteless and valueless now. 

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 9:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by CZ..

sushant definitely didn't. I haven't seen chang's performance so I can't comment on that, but sushant's performance was no where even close to 'perfect'. his classical stances were laughable at best and the hybrid between jazz and kathak was blah. I'm a trained kathak and jazz dancer myself and the entire fusion looked messy and botched up. they screwed up with the jazz technique too, leave alone kathak (which was very forgettable) 

o re piya is such a beautiful, soulful song. it stirs so many emotions within you each time you listen to it, and when someone dances to a song like this, then it should live up to the superiority of the song itself. sushant's performance was, however, not up to the mark at all. 

plus his contemporary, lyrical jazz routines are becoming redundant now. even if he's trained in jazz then there a so many other jazz styles - street, funky, afro, broadway etc. he needs to step out of his comfort zone and do something different. his constant 30's are becoming tasteless and valueless now. 

LOL the Kathak bit was very brief in the entire routine and that's all you can focus on? This was not a hybrid of just Kathak and Jazz....it was a mix of many....there was bits of contemporary I think and some salsa/waltz like bits too.....I agree that he didn't do the Kathak bit that well but he was graceful throughout it in my opinion.

I'm not trained in any dance form myself so maybe your knowledge is superior....this is just my observation based on whatever I've seen in various dance shows.....this is the best performance I've ever seen on O re Piya....they not only lived up to the soulful quality of the song, they actually enhanced it in my opinion by presenting it in the form of such a unique concept....the idea and the presentation was just fantastic. 

I don't think Sushant is becoming redundant at all....he did locking/popping last week which is conveniently being forgotten.....and even if there are elements of contemporary/jazz in many of his acts, I always find the choreography to be superb.....Shampa is damn talented.

Edited by nureat01 - 21 January 2011 at 9:12am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

MamanasensodynelunzaNisha_90

Mamana Senior Member
Mamana
Mamana

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 9:29am | IP Logged

You are entitled to your opinion. However generally the audience loved the performance looking at the positive replies coming through. The judges are also chosen for their expertise in the dance field so when they give a mark I'm sure it is because of certain criteria being fulfilled. Sushant certainly deserved a total for his sensitive and graceful performance.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

lunza

U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 9:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

LOL the Kathak bit was very brief in the entire routine and that's all you can focus on? This was not a hybrid of just Kathak and Jazz....it was a mix of many....there was bits of contemporary I think and some salsa/waltz like bits too.....I agree that he didn't do the Kathak bit that well but he was graceful throughout it in my opinion. 

well it was a weak point in the choreography. and 'perfect 30' means absolutely no flaw in the entire routine. so obviously I'll pick on the weak points. and no, I don't think it was as 'brief' as you're making it out to be. he was clumsy in the kathak movements which detracted quite a lot from the overall performance. there was no contemporary in there. it was jazz - something he knows quite well, yet he wasn't as good as his other performances. 

I'm not trained in any dance form myself so maybe your knowledge is superior....this is just my observation based on whatever I've seen in various dance shows.....this is the best performance I've ever seen on O re Piya....they not only lived up to the soulful quality of the song, they actually enhanced it in my opinion by presenting it in the form of such a unique concept....the idea and the presentation was just fantastic.  

a fantastic idea =/= a fantastic performance. even binny from DID was much better, who was average at best.

I don't think Sushant is becoming redundant at all....he did locking/popping last week which is conveniently being forgotten.....and even if there are elements of contemporary/jazz in many of his acts, I always find the choreography to be superb.....Shampa is damn talented. 

1 out of 6? how versatile is that? it has been 6 weeks since the show started and the only different thing that has come out of the sushant camp is popping and locking. he's a good jazz/contemporary dancer, but is he a good dancer overall? I don't think so. choreography is superb because it has to be - that's his forte and niche. 

Edited by CZ.. - 22 January 2011 at 5:43am
lunza IF-Rockerz
lunza
lunza

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 9:50am | IP Logged
sushant's first dance was jazz , second was salsa , third was folk (chhau ), fourth was contemporary , fifth was locking and popping ...
the theme for the sixth week was madhuri special i.e bollywood ...
and there is no "bollywood form" as such .. bwood is just a mix mash of many dance forms ..
So the contestants and choreos were free to choose what kind of styles they wanted to put in their dance ..
And hence , sushant and shampa decided on a mix of contemp and jazz with a bit of kathak etc ..
So how are his dances becoming redundant ? Confused

Edited by lunza - 21 January 2011 at 9:51am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

MamanaNisha_90nikitagmcAreYaar

Go to top