Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

India-Forums

did chang and sushant deserves 30??? (Page 4)

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 12:03pm | IP Logged
Sushant definitely deserved a 30 for this performance cuz it was sooooooooo beautifully choreographed and performed....they danced like a dream....Madhuri was speaking everyone's mind when she said that they take you into a world they create with their dancing.....there is magic there. Has to be one of my all time fav. JDJ performances without a doubt.....none of the other contestants can even come close to the way Sushant-Shampa flow together sooooo amazingly in sync....perfect co-ordination every single time.

As for Chang, he has shown tremendous improvement by leaps and bounds every single week so I'm very impressed by him as well and the groW*H he has shown.....however objectively speaking the act this time had MANY co-ordination errors in it despite him dancing well otherwise so I don't really think it was worth a 30.....a 28 or 29 would have been more apt.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

lunza

shanak.hot Goldie
shanak.hot
shanak.hot

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 3:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nikitagmc

I think both Chang and Sushant deserved their 30's but according to me reasons were different.

1.)    Chang: The dance was difficult, to say the least. Even Madhuri herself said that the chair dance looks very easy but its not. It showed Chang's groW*H as a dancer.

Only thing that was a little off was that there was no clear concept, more of a song and dance routine, but that's okay- it is difficult to conceptualize every performance and anyway there was no rule that there must be a concept or something- a good concept gives an extra edge and helps audiences connect with the dance, but dance itself here is the main priority

I also thought that he was going a little fast, but I am not sure of it. Plus I think it happened only for a brief period in chair dance, so I can't base my opinion on that.

Overall, I think he deserved his 30.

2.)    Sushant: I really can't imagine someone NOT giving a 30 to this performance. It had the most perfect concept- since it showed Madhuri what she truly is- a DREAM, A FASCINATION for millions- I'm not surprised Remo was moved by the dance, cos at some point I guess we all want to reach out to our star, and dream about them, and Sushant's performance did just that.

Add to that the excellent choreography. The lifts were done so delicately and with love. There's a lot that goes into a PER-FECT performance- and Sushant's performance had just that I think'an intense connection (due to the concept) with the audience that is the pre-requisite to make the dance touch you, choreography, expressions (they were really beautiful and the high point of the dance), light effects(gave the dance a dreamy feel), camera effects, poise, confidence and what not! The lyrics were beautiful and suited the whole situation.

But most important thing, according to me, is that a great dance is one which takes you into its mood, and makes you FEEL. Like If the dance is energetic, you also feel pumped up and we can say dance went well. That happened to me in Chang's case. In Sushant's case, it was dreamy and I had a big smile on my face throughout the performance and in the end I was all AWWW'. 

thats the truth why they deserved 30 and i agree with this
sushant's dance was so beautiful...i really love dit and also changs...

lunza

shivani003 IF-Rockerz
shivani003
shivani003

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 5:12pm | IP Logged
I personally enjoyed Chang's dance more than Sushant's. I felt I have seen contemporary in DID so much that I didnt find it completely fresh... But nonetheless, they were both damn good! They deserved to get 30 :)

lunza

swtbaby IF-Sizzlerz
swtbaby
swtbaby

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 7:18pm | IP Logged
yes both did deserve 30

lunza

Anjaani_Dastaan IF-Dazzler
Anjaani_Dastaan
Anjaani_Dastaan

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 7:58pm | IP Logged
I dont like Sushant as Manav nor Did i like Chang during Indian idol 
but i have to say 

as Dancer these two totally delivered their 30's this week.

Sushant has always been a top contender and this week was no different it was on a madhuri song and the contemporary was just beautiful 

Chang on the other hand  has grown Soooooo much and that dance was fast paced and very legit. 

Edited by Taz-A.Crazy.Fan - 19 January 2011 at 7:58pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.Nish.lunza

EatPrayLove Senior Member
EatPrayLove
EatPrayLove

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 1:17am | IP Logged
I agree with Nikita totally.

Sushant toh, what do I say, he was at his very best. I LOVED the performance and the concept was somehow very relatable. It deserved MORE than 30. It's my fav Sushant performance thus far, I found it very honest and very wonderful.

Chang deserved 30 because he was AMAZING in the performance, dancing so well, his hard work and his enjoyment was very visible throughout the performance. The choreography was excellent, the dancing was great, the coordination was a bit off at some places, but I've seen other performances that have gotten 30 with far more errors.

@nureat01 : But how can 29 or 28 be apt? You mean you wanted one or two of the three judges to notice Chang's coordination errors and give him 9, while the other(s) should ignore them and give him 10!

I loved and enjoyed both the performances and they were correctly marked by the judges.

lunza

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 7:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by EatPrayLove

@nureat01 : But how can 29 or 28 be apt? You mean you wanted one or two of the three judges to notice Chang's coordination errors and give him 9, while the other(s) should ignore them and give him 10!

I loved and enjoyed both the performances and they were correctly marked by the judges.

Alright I'm sorry....by that sense 27 would have been more apt with everyone giving him a 9, happy?LOL

My basic point was that he did not deserve a perfect score cuz the co-ordination errors were quite obvious in the chair portion which IMO was kinda all over the place. The rest he did very well but the chair portion fell flat in my opinion......by this point, I think Chang is being judged by higher standards given how much improvement he's shown.....if this was someone else like say Daya or Shekhar, maybe I wouldn't care for the co-ordination errors and say that they deserved 30....but Chang is a better dancer than both of them and now he's shown it......the co-ordination errors should be taken into consideration....so to me, because of those, a perfect score wasn't really apt. However I did really enjoy his performance a lotSmile

Edited by nureat01 - 20 January 2011 at 7:09am
kiranb06 Newbie
kiranb06
kiranb06

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 11:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

Originally posted by EatPrayLove

Alright I'm sorry....by that sense 27 would have been more apt with everyone giving him a 9, happy?LOL

My basic point was that he did not deserve a perfect score cuz the co-ordination errors were quite obvious in the chair portion which IMO was kinda all over the place. The rest he did very well but the chair portion fell flat in my opinion......by this point, I think Chang is being judged by higher standards given how much improvement he's shown.....if this was someone else like say Daya or Shekhar, maybe I wouldn't care for the co-ordination errors and say that they deserved 30....but Chang is a better dancer than both of them and now he's shown it......the co-ordination errors should be taken into consideration....so to me, because of those, a perfect score wasn't really apt. However I did really enjoy his performance a lotSmile

I watch JDJ, along with Dancing With The Stars in the US. One thing I have noticed with judges is that they're not looking for a completely technically perfect dance, but a unique and memorable performance. There's a huge difference. Aishwarya Rai danced just as well as Madhuri in Devdas, but Madhuri blew her away by a mile, not just by her dance, but also by her expressions. I did notice a bit of uncoordinated parts in the chair segment, but honestly it didn't bother me. Why? because I tried doing that same sequence at home, and it is damn difficult to do. Madhuri herself said that they had to do numerous re-takes, and she is experienced. Unless you ARE an accomplished dancer to begin with, it is hard doing such movements flawlessly, in one take. 

For Chang to have done it, hats off to you boy! You were just too good. I predicted you'd get a 30 in this round! Points are also given based on the improvement of the artist as well. Chang has done a huge jump over the past so many weeks.

Sushant's dance was ethereal, unreal. I watched it atleast 3-4 times. I was deeply moved, and believe me, I have seen a lot of artists dance up close and personal, as well as on TV, and a dance is called perfect when it makes you feel elated, which this one did. Just beautiful.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Mamanalunzanikitagmc

Go to top