Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

India-Forums

did chang and sushant deserves 30??? (Page 3)

lunza IF-Rockerz
lunza
lunza

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 6:37am | IP Logged
Chang - well, i thought it was his best performance till date .. and if he got 29 for his stomp and beat box , he definitely deserved 30 for this ..
using a chair as a prop is never easy .. things could have gotten clumsy , but they did a fantastic job.

Sushant - I thought he was brilliant .. and IMO his best performance and the best in JDJ so far . The lifts were WOW , and the way they interpreted this week's theme " madhuri special " was so different from others ... the hues used for the lighting effects were fab , and his expressions .. gosh , where can I even begin? ....
I think sushant / shampa have a word with the technicians before their performances , regarding the lighting , camera work etc ...
thats what gives their performances an edge.. they take care of all the minute details .. and dont just focus on the dance aspect ...
sushant makes full use of his skills - acting , direction ..and even martial arts ( for that mahabharat act in folk round..)

Edited by lunza - 20 January 2011 at 10:32pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

MamanaCuteCherryTani91Dabulls23

sensodyne IF-Rockerz
sensodyne
sensodyne

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 7:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Xx_fehmida_xX

i dnt tink sushant deserved 30
he alwys ds same contemporary  style
Judges shuld b fair

He always does contemporary? Really Confused

In 6 weeks how many times has he done contemporary?

as far as I remember yesterday was 2nd time he did contemporary I guess.

lol he doesn't deserve to be on show what he deserves to get 30 *rolls eyes* 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Anjaani_Dastaanshermalunza

lunza IF-Rockerz
lunza
lunza

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 7:34am | IP Logged
he has done contemp twice in six weeks , - teen ka tadka and yesterday ..
and it was a bollywood round , which is a mix mash of dance forms ... the contestants and choreos had the flexibility  to choose what styles they wanted to do..  .. and seriously .. what was he supposed to do for ore piya ??!!! locking and popping ? !!

Edited by lunza - 19 January 2011 at 7:35am
nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 7:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lunza

he has done contemp twice in six weeks , - teen ka tadka and yesterday ..
and it was a bollywood round , which is a mix mash of dance forms ... the contestants and choreos had the flexibility  to choose what styles they wanted to do..  .. and seriously .. what was he supposed to do for ore piya ??!!! locking and popping ? !!

LOL

I think someone did mention that there was some kathak also in the dance..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

lunza

lunza IF-Rockerz
lunza
lunza

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 7:45am | IP Logged
someone mentioned that there was a bit of jazz too ? is it true ? i am bad when it comes to recognizing dance forms ... except maybe L&P and contemporary..

Edited by lunza - 19 January 2011 at 7:45am
-Hoor- IF-Sizzlerz
-Hoor-
-Hoor-

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 10:29am | IP Logged
Both Chand nd Sushant deserved 30 :)
krutiv100 Goldie
krutiv100
krutiv100

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 11:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nikitagmc

I think both Chang and Sushant deserved their 30's but according to me reasons were different.

1.)    Chang: The dance was difficult, to say the least. Even Madhuri herself said that the chair dance looks very easy but its not. It showed Chang's groW*H as a dancer.

Only thing that was a little off was that there was no clear concept, more of a song and dance routine, but that's okay- it is difficult to conceptualize every performance and anyway there was no rule that there must be a concept or something- a good concept gives an extra edge and helps audiences connect with the dance, but dance itself here is the main priority

I also thought that he was going a little fast, but I am not sure of it. Plus I think it happened only for a brief period in chair dance, so I can't base my opinion on that.

Overall, I think he deserved his 30.

2.)    Sushant: I really can't imagine someone NOT giving a 30 to this performance. It had the most perfect concept- since it showed Madhuri what she truly is- a DREAM, A FASCINATION for millions- I'm not surprised Remo was moved by the dance, cos at some point I guess we all want to reach out to our star, and dream about them, and Sushant's performance did just that.

Add to that the excellent choreography. The lifts were done so delicately and with love. There's a lot that goes into a PER-FECT performance- and Sushant's performance had just that I think'an intense connection (due to the concept) with the audience that is the pre-requisite to make the dance touch you, choreography, expressions (they were really beautiful and the high point of the dance), light effects(gave the dance a dreamy feel), camera effects, poise, confidence and what not! The lyrics were beautiful and suited the whole situation.

But most important thing, according to me, is that a great dance is one which takes you into its mood, and makes you FEEL. Like If the dance is energetic, you also feel pumped up and we can say dance went well. That happened to me in Chang's case. In Sushant's case, it was dreamy and I had a big smile on my face throughout the performance and in the end I was all AWWW'. 

Very well saidClapClapClap... I totaly agree...this is what i wanted to say too.
They both deserved 30.....and Chang is just too good,the effort and time he puts in the results show,and you have to remember he is not trained or anything.

And sushantBlushingDay Dreaminghai...i can't enough of him,his smile just makes me melt.....the concept was brillant yet so simple...Madhuri dixit is the next dream girl after ofcourse hema malini.....the choreography and expressions and the atmosphere they created was outstanding and there was no faults..to give him 9 would have been injustice after shekhar(i felt he was overmarked) and ankita(she deseverd 9) both got 9's for the performances sushant deserved the 10.

lunza

aadri- Goldie
aadri-
aadri-

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 11:28am | IP Logged
none of them deserve a perfect 30 this time.

Xx_fehmida_xX

Go to top