Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

====Questions====== (Page 3)

Water. IF-Rockerz
Water.
Water.

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 5:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Newdime

I Agree with Tammie.  She has put it very well with these pairs. 

Maan and Darcy they are the men of integrity, dignity, self-esteem, and humanity they can be rude and arrogant and it's due to the cause they are not afraid of speaking of their mind it's their confidence that shows and that could lead to end up hurting other's sentiments. 

Nevertheless, they would never do bodily harm, they can kill for their loves ones or for the truth, and they will stand still to protect the honor of inferior or a woman and the honesty.  Where as, the characters like SB and JLR, they are not bad either.  Again they are is a cause behind their behavior, we only cause we know the background, however the common truth is the love.  Love for the ones they care for and want the care and love from they love.  Some times, it's very difficult to replace the past in order to correct the present and have better future and that's when they realize what they have been and what they want. 

Right always take over the wrong, love over hate, truth over lies that's the law of the nature no matter where you are and who you are it's always the case. 

This is how I look at it.  Remember this, that there is a proper dignity and proportion to be observed in the performance of every act of life.

I feel left out completely. CryCry
New Semester has started last week n have 3 days of placement so have no time at all to catch up on the threads.....Cry n no time for watching dramas
Hai Babaji.....ab mera kya hoga??

Edited by Water. - 19 January 2011 at 5:57pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

blueangel1308Newdimesaomom-pixie-

-pixie- IF-Rockerz
-pixie-
-pixie-

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 9:37pm | IP Logged
OMG Tammie...I cant believe I missed him Ouch

Someone shoot me right about now!!!

Edited by -pixie- - 19 January 2011 at 9:40pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

saomom

-pixie- IF-Rockerz
-pixie-
-pixie-

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 9:40pm | IP Logged
Mru_bee: Who is Prithvi Saxena? I mean which show????

Tammie: Knightley is the hero i like the least of all of Austen's heroes for some reason...I dont know why! 
saomom IF-Rockerz
saomom
saomom

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 9:53pm | IP Logged
@Shradha - You missed him!?  What about me?  He's my avatar?Embarrassed  It will take me a while to recover from the shame...  

I think Knightly is my least favorite also (although I still love Jeremy Northam.)  Maybe because he is so much older than Emma - it's a bit weird, but I do understand.  Okay, I'm rethinking.  I don't necessarily like the guy from Mansfield Park, either, but I that is my least favorite Austen anyways, so he doesn't count. Smile

One of my other favorite 'heroes', is Jean Valjean.  He doesn't fit the typical 'hero' profile, but, what a man...  Les Mis is one of my all time favorite books.  I plow through all 500 million pages every couple of years.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

blueangel1308-pixie-

blueangel1308 Senior Member
blueangel1308
blueangel1308

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 9:54pm | IP Logged
Tammie,

I agree with all which you have said.
Yes, though I am independent woman and a quasi-feminist, I too would look to my significant other for protection and I think that's why I like the strong men.

I think it is in part also the emotional depth which these characters show. Not to say that good guys are not good partners but I think preference depends on the emotional depth and compatibility.

I have to admit, I loved Darcy because of hints of his insecurity. In all other aspects he is so strong, even in his devotion and the way in which he declares himself but when it comes to Elizabeth....there is unsureness and possession.... It made me think, when I meet a guy who is like that with me, that will probably be it.

As for Kawee, I hated him absoultely first but when I saw him talk to his dad and ask him if he would care and show remorse and emotion when he died, and the way he cries when his dad did not anwer him, I have to admit, my heart went out to him. In my life, one thing I think should be true, even though it's not many times, is that parents should love without condition. I know from experience how my parents react when I feel sick, and I have seen them when I was in an accident, I shudder to think their state should anything worse were to happen.

Of course, I hated him again because of what he did to Rin. But when the situation turned and when he changed, completely changed, I thought of the moments he had before when he was vulnerable and only that made me think it was ok to give him a second chance, and that eventually made me root for him, because seeing his capability for groW*H and seeing him strive for change and seeing him achieve it, gave hope.

Those were the two extremes. So many heroes fall between them.

My question, among the many other factors, how big is the fact that these heroes, these strong men, have shown us such emotional depths and the capability to be so, so different because of love and a woman? If the situation was given in just the facts, would you feel the same.

And yes, I agree about all the favorite heroes which you mentioned, I love all of them too.

---khushi

Edited by blueangel13 - 19 January 2011 at 9:55pm

Newdimesaomom

blueangel1308
blueangel1308

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 10:05pm | IP Logged
Shradha,

Definitely should wait for vacation till watching any of the dramas.

And I have to say I love Heathcliff.

Though it's an over used quote, It'd still one of my favorites by him.

" Catherine Earnshaw, may you not rest so long as I live on! I killed you. Haunt me, then! Haunt your murderer! I know that ghosts have wandered on the Earth. Be with me always. Take any form, drive me mad, only do not leave me in this dark alone where I cannot find you. I cannot live without my life! I cannot die without my soul."

As for charlie bass, tell me more why do you like him.

And wow that's some liking, I don't think I could read all of gone with the wind even once but I have see the move, and I do like Rhett to a certain degree....maybe I will read the book to gain more insight into the character..... The movie gives me his anguish and his charm but it feels unfinished, and sorry to say that it distracts me.

Khushi

Edited by blueangel13 - 19 January 2011 at 10:06pm

-pixie-saomom

blueangel1308
blueangel1308

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 10:12pm | IP Logged
Shaheda,

I definitely agree, in the end its all about love, character and change.

If there were any one of these characteristics missing, I don't think we could appreciate these heroes as much.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Newdimesaomom-pixie-

-pixie- IF-Rockerz
-pixie-
-pixie-

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 10:15pm | IP Logged
Khushi: I strongly believe in the adage...judge not a book by its poor hollywood adaptation...I know its a 1000+ pages but give it a shot...you wont regret it..The book is about Scarlett and Rhett will always be on the sidelines...but yeah it does give you an insight into him and machinations of his mind.

Regarding Bass- well he is evil. manipulative. arrogant. hedonistic. selfish (Should I go on). But I think once the Chuck Blair relationship started we got to see a different side of Chuck- vulnerable. caring- which made me believe that there was still hope for him... I guess thats the eternal dreamer in me...I am still on Season 2. So I dont know...maybe I will change my opinion later on. 

I think SATC had this line (or maybe some other show I forget) that women are inherently drawn to bad boys because you always feel you can be the one that fixed him (got him the redemption he so badly needed)- Whats not to like about a great love storySmile...and you continue to take a chance with your heart with these bad boys- even though they break it into a million pieces before the happily ever after!

Edited by -pixie- - 19 January 2011 at 10:16pm

blueangel1308saomom

Go to top