Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

====Questions====== (Page 2)

nikipuki Senior Member
nikipuki
nikipuki

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 11:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -pixie-

Tammie: I have seen the movie only like twice...that too because I had a massive crush on Clark Gable once upon a time...

But I have read GWTW like 10 times...given the size of the tome thats like a serious book crush!

Its right up there in my all time favorite books!

Chuck Bass is from Gossip Girl- Its a teen drama (another secret indulgence of mineLOL)

ps: Have you read Wuthering heights- where would you place Heathcliff- bad boy band or somewhere in between?

pps: I am not watching anything before Feb 1 (thats when I go on vacation)...too much work that needs to be wrapped up before I take off!

I googled Chuck Bass.....nope he doesn't do anything for me either.....too young for my taste. 

Oh good, don't start until vacation starts otherwise you will regret it, your otherwise productive life will go down the drain. You will cure your Geet addiction no wait I correct myself you will just replace your Geet addiction with Thai Lakorns

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

saomom

-pixie- IF-Rockerz
-pixie-
-pixie-

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 11:28am | IP Logged
Niki: GG is a teen drama what did you expect- someone in their 30s or 40s??? LOL..
and lest I caused some confusion here...I remember mentioning characters and not actorsTongue..

Rhett is still more hero and anti hero..but Chuck is the quintessential anti hero! I am still confused about Heathcliff though...any opinions?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

blueangel1308nikipuki

nikipuki Senior Member
nikipuki
nikipuki

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 11:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -pixie-

Niki: GG is a teen drama what did you expect- someone in their 30s or 40s??? LOL..
and lest I caused some confusion here...I remember mentioning characters and not actorsTongue..

Rhett is still more hero and anti hero..but Chuck is the quintessential anti hero! I am still confused about Heathcliff though...any opinions?

Hey, why teen dramas can have hot parents.....the dad can be a hottie.....LOL I only talk about characters don't care about the actors. Actors in real life turn out to be such disappointments. 

-pixie-

-pixie- IF-Rockerz
-pixie-
-pixie-

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 11:42am | IP Logged
Actually the dad is cute...Rufus Humphrey is the name you need to google in that case LOL

Edited by -pixie- - 19 January 2011 at 10:40pm
saomom IF-Rockerz
saomom
saomom

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 1:28pm | IP Logged
Sneaking in while at work...

I like the 'bad boys' because I think it's in my genes.  While I am quite an independent woman, I love the fact that I can rely upon my hubby to take care of me and keep me safe when I feel unsafe.  I need to know that he is physically stronger than I am, that he will fight to the death for me, that he will care for me when I'm sick and will provide the necessities of life for me. 

I believe I walk beside my husband, not behind him. And yet, I can count on him to step in front of me to protect me.

I hope that makes sense.

@Shradha - Love Heathcliff.  I'll have to think where he falls in the hero scale, but I'm thinking more  SB/JLR bag guy needing redemption than Darcy/Maan.  I also love Mr. Rochester from Jane Eyre.  And Wentworth from Persuasion.  And Knightly from Emma.  And...LOL 

Too old for Gossip Girl.  Vampire Diaries?  Watched a few times with my girls.  Thought those two would have made better vampire than the ones in Twilight.  Pattinson was a big disappointment for me. Sommerholder, if a bit younger, would have been fab as Edward.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

blueangel1308Newdime-pixie-

Newdime IF-Dazzler
Newdime
Newdime

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 2:24pm | IP Logged
WOW you ladies...I feel like I'm out of this place with lack of all this so called entertainment knowledge that you all carry.  I have no clue with all these movies and the actors and their characters that you all are talking.  I can tell how far behind I'm in this part of the world. 

saomom

saomom IF-Rockerz
saomom
saomom

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 2:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Newdime

WOW you ladies...I feel like I'm out of this place with lack of all this so called entertainment knowledge that you all carry.  I have no clue with all these movies and the actors and their characters that you all are talking.  I can tell how far behind I'm in this part of the world. 

No worries.  Hang out a bit with us and we'll get you up to speed in no time!

Oh, and on my favorite "hero" list, I committed the ultimate blasphemy when I didn't mention my dear Thornton from North and South.  I need to go and repent...

Edited by saomom - 19 January 2011 at 2:35pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

blueangel1308-pixie-

Mru_bee IF-Dazzler
Mru_bee
Mru_bee

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 2:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by saomom

No worries.  Hang out a bit with us and we'll get you up to speed in no time!

Oh, and on my favorite "hero" list, I committed the ultimate blasphemy when I didn't mention my dear Thornton from North and South.  I need to go and repent...

hahaha.. I was about to mention .. how come you havent mentioned Mr. Thornton esp seeing ur dp LOL

Too good to be true guys are boring to watch.. Guys need to have a character not spineless wimps that are generally shown around..

I always enjoy reading rough characters ( NOT guys who are just abrasive towards women) ... and Mr. Thornton ( who I love along with the actor Richard Armitage) , Mr Darcy  each had a path to their realisation from their arrogance to their eventual softening.

In Indian tellyland, err . no comments so far. Only followed Prithvi Saxena, that character was simple though.. loved him.. but cant qualify as a bad boy.

-- Mru

Edited by Mru_bee - 19 January 2011 at 2:44pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

blueangel1308-pixie-saomom

Go to top