Chat Clubs

====Questions======

blueangel1308 Senior Member
blueangel1308
blueangel1308

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 9:46pm | IP Logged
               Hello All

I thank you for taking the time to answer my questions

My first question is................what are the characterizations of "bad boy" hero's which draw audiences in the most? They can be character traits, actions, or anything about them.

Also, the current hero's like Maan and hero's like Mr. Dracy from Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, what category of hero's would they fall under? I certainly cannot class them as "bad boys" because both are shown as wealth, responsible, law abiding citizens, so what class of hero's are they?

Currently, i was watching thai dramas and the two most recent ones which i watched, Jam Leuy Rak and Sawan biang, showed hero's who are rude and abrasive and sometimes very nasty characters but yet we as an audience, start 'feeling' for their characters and wanting them to end up with the heroines.....why? Even i was surprised at myself when in the beginning the character which i dislike the most for how they act, aka the hero, ends up being the one i was rooting for in the end.

Thank you for your participation....................i appreciate it  very much.

i will post more questions as time goes on and as each question gets answered.

Thanks,
Khushi

Edited by blueangel13 - 18 January 2011 at 9:54pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

nikipuki-pixie-saomom

saomom IF-Rockerz
saomom
saomom

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 11:11pm | IP Logged
Khushi - here is my quick answer...

Darcy and Maan are men of integrity.  While they have their faults,  such as pride, arrogance, etc., they have an inner strength that guides them on their path.

The 'heroes' in Sawan Biang and JLR, while hard working and successful, have no integrity.  They have no inner moral compass.  When they hurt others, it does not bother them... until the one they hurt is the one they begin to fall for.  Their road to redemption and journey to integrity is what makes us change our minds about them.  It's their own particular path that draws us to them.   It makes us feel like no matter how we ourselves have erred, there is a way back.

We love Darcy and Maan because they are inherently good.  We come to love the 'heroes' in SB and JLR because they themselves decide to be good and work to change.

At least that's my opinion.  I'd love to hear the others...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

blueangel1308nikipukiNewdime-pixie-

Newdime IF-Dazzler
Newdime
Newdime

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 6:25am | IP Logged

I Agree with Tammie with men of integrity.  She has put it very well with these pairs. 

Maan and Darcy they are the men of integrity, dignity, self-esteem, and humanity they can be rude and arrogant and it's due to the cause they are not afraid of speaking of their mind it's their confidence that shows and that could lead to end up hurting others sentiments. 

Nevertheless, they would never do bodily harm, they can kill for their love ones or for the truth, and they will stand still to protect the honour of inferior or a woman and the honesty.  Whereas, the characters like SB and JLR, they are not bad either.  Again what they are, there is a cause behind their behaviour, we only know because we know the background, however the common truth is the love. They say Love can change human, from devil to human or vice versa.  Love for the ones they care for and want the care and love from they love.  Sometimes, it's very difficult to replace the past in order to correct the present and have better future and that's when they realize what they have been and what they want. 

Right always take over the wrong, love over hate, truth over lies that's the law of the nature no matter where you are and who you are it's always the case. 

This is how I look at it.  Remember this, that there is a proper dignity and proportion to be observed in the performance of every act of life.

Edited by Newdime - 20 January 2011 at 7:09pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

blueangel1308nikipuki-pixie-saomomWater.

-pixie- IF-Rockerz
-pixie-
-pixie-

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 10:28am | IP Logged
 I havent been watching any lakrons...so I have no idea about the comparison...Let me watch the ones you have mentioned and I shall get back to you...

ok fictional characters that I think are bad boys and I still love them
  • Rhett Buttler
  • Chuck Bass
  • Heathcliff (Wuthering heights)- He is not a bad boy in the sense you mean it but he is the archetype byronic hero and I guess deserves a mention here!

<I'll come back and edit this list>

Edited by -pixie- - 19 January 2011 at 10:42pm

blueangel1308nikipukisaomom

saomom IF-Rockerz
saomom
saomom

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 10:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -pixie-

I havent been watching any lakrons...so I have no idea about the comparison...Let me watch the ones you have mentioned and I shall get back to you...

ok fictional characters that I think are bad boys and I still love them
Rhett Buttler
Chuck Bass

<I'll come back and edit this list>

@bold  - this means we won't see you for days!Cry LOL  Happy viewing.  

Oh, and who is Chuck Bass? Rhett Butler needs no explanation, although, I have to admit, I've never seen Gone with the Wind.  My friends are horrified, but, there you have it.  You know my secret...

blueangel1308nikipuki-pixie-

-pixie- IF-Rockerz
-pixie-
-pixie-

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 10:43am | IP Logged
Tammie: I have seen the movie only like twice...that too because I had a massive crush on Clark Gable once upon a time...

But I have read GWTW like 10 times...given the size of the tome thats like a serious book crush!

Its right up there in my all time favorite books!

Chuck Bass is from Gossip Girl- Its a teen drama (another secret indulgence of mineLOL)

ps: Have you read Wuthering heights- where would you place Heathcliff- bad boy band or somewhere in between?

pps: I am not watching anything before Feb 1 (thats when I go on vacation)...too much work that needs to be wrapped up before I take off!

Edited by -pixie- - 19 January 2011 at 10:48am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

blueangel1308nikipuki

nikipuki Senior Member
nikipuki
nikipuki

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 11:11am | IP Logged
Let me warn you this answer is a very simplistic view you will not find any hidden nuggets in here.

Regarding the bad boys well, maybe that's 'cos they represent danger, excitement something that gets the adrenalin pumping. Maybe, the average life can be rather mundane and boring over an extended period of time. So being with bad boys is an adventure?

And as to why we root for the heroes of SB or JLR is probably because they represent hope and that good does triumph over bad? By and large we want surround ourselves with happy endings and positivity. The path of redemption of Harit and Kawee (the hero's of the two dramas) give us hope that something bad does have a chance to change and be good, people cannot be bad or mean or cruel all the time. 

Two quotes come to me, man can live 40 days with food, 3 days without water, 8 minutes without air but only 1 second without hope.

"Hope is the dream of a soul awake"

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

blueangel1308

nikipuki Senior Member
nikipuki
nikipuki

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 11:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by saomom

@bold  - this means we won't see you for days!Cry LOL  Happy viewing.  

Oh, and who is Chuck Bass? Rhett Butler needs no explanation, although, I have to admit, I've never seen Gone with the Wind.  My friends are horrified, but, there you have it.  You know my secret...

Hey, I am not ashamed to say it but I haven't seen Gone with the Wind either.........and Clark Gable does nothing for me.....

Go to top