Sabki Jodi Wohi Banaata Bhagyavidhaata

India-Forums

Gulfam Ali (Kamini's Mom) doing the same role?

-Yuks- IF-Sizzlerz
-Yuks-
-Yuks-

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 8:53pm | IP Logged
I don't know if you guys remeber a show on Zee TV called Ghar Ki Laxmi Betiyann. It used to air a few years ago.

On the show, in a family of 4 sisters, the younger brother who is supposed to inherit the property is seduced by a prostitute named Kajri and they are married.
In the show, Gulfan Ali, the same lady who plays Kamini's mom, played the owner of the brothel where Kajri worked. After making the son fall in love with Kajri, they convinced him to pretend that Kajri is the daughter of a rich family, and the son steals from the house to make them appear rich.
Then once Kajri is married into the family, she gets the evil step-mother on her side and tortures the daughters of the house. Then, she gets Gulfam Ali into the house and they take over.

HEr role now is very similar to her role in GKLB. HEr and Kamini tricked Prem, pretended they're rich, got them married, and they are now in the process of torturing the poor DIL's and getting the evil mother on their side. Soon Kamini's mom will move in and take over the entire house.

I guess I don't know where Im going with this post.

But it's strange, she's basically doing the same role again

Yuks

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mvatsa

Swaggerr Senior Member
Swaggerr
Swaggerr

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 2:59am | IP Logged
I was thinking the same thing when i found out the actress playing Kamini's partner was a negative character and the same thing was in Ghar ki Laxmi betiyaan witht the same actress
tvbuff211 Groupbie
tvbuff211
tvbuff211

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 7:09pm | IP Logged
I was thinking the same thing. How they get type cast. But then I guess, that's all these shows have to offer. No range at all. They pick up some ideas from old Hindi movies or some older TV shows. I dont know how many of you have seen the older shows like Buniyaad and Khandaan of eighties. I still remember them for their content and quality. Wish they would make something sensible like those shows.
-Yuks- IF-Sizzlerz
-Yuks-
-Yuks-

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 9:37pm | IP Logged
@tvbuff211
I've seen Buniyaad. I agree, that was an awesome show. But that too had the mondern hindi show drama element

There was the sister who had gotten pregnant.
Satbir turned out to be the half-brother of the rich spoiled guy, who them died at the end
The youngest brother was a con-man
Oldest brother's wife was always bitching and complaining, obviously the negative female of the house

It was different. But all these elements still exist today

Maybe, back then, they were new, so we enjoyed them. But now, it's turned into the status quo, and it gets old

Especially if it's the same person doing the same role again.

I was an avid viewer of GKLB, and Im so accustomed to Gulfam Ali's smirks and dialogue delivery and attitude. I almost expect her to say her signature dialogue from GKLB which was "Kajri meri jaan"

There's no variability, you know?

Yuks
arti12345 Groupbie
arti12345
arti12345

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 9:12pm | IP Logged
infact the entire sequence is copied.. she marries her daughter off to rich family by dhokha and later comes to live with them to spoil their lives...
now even serials have started copying serials..

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top