India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

Where the mind is without fear (Page 5)

swaram Goldie
swaram
swaram

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 4:01am | IP Logged
Touched my heart. This Rabindranath Nath Tagore's poem was always so inspirational, and the way you showed how it fit Geet so perfectly, awed me. Very well done!Clap

Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 4:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by PrithviSanyo1

awesome, beautiful, brilliant, mind blowing analysis ClapClapClapClapClapClapClap.
 poem is beautiful and put those line with geet , it's excellent.
nice interpretation, perfect matching.
I'm speechless now.

Thanks Prithvi.
Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 4:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by maangeetams

Touched my heart. This Rabindranath Nath Tagore's poem was always so inspirational, and the way you showed how it fit Geet so perfectly, awed me. Very well done!Clap

Yes, I always loved this poem and as you said it is inspirational. We used to sing it in School. When I saw Geet boldly stand up against her brother this poem was the first thing that came to my mind. 
coasta_70 Senior Member
coasta_70
coasta_70

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 5:03am | IP Logged
what you have written is beautiful beyond expression!!! a few of us are fortunate women to live in a world where we can make our own decisions. I agree and hope that through the strong and resilient Geet, many more women/girls find courage to fight their battles and break the barriers of social pressure and dogma.
once again......splendid post!
jasw Goldie
jasw
jasw

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 5:03am | IP Logged
Wow! Very nice interpretation.Clap

I have always loved this poem since my childhood days. I love the Bong version too ..Chitto jetha bhayshunyo, uchho jetha shir!

Rabindranath Tagore had written this poem so many years ago and it is kind of eternal! If all of us could imbibe this, the world would be such a nice place to live in!
jyoti06 Channel Moderator
jyoti06
jyoti06

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 5:45am | IP Logged
Opti thats stupendous piece of  interpretationClap..loved the way u hv compared Tagore's poem with Geet's action in her fight against the society and standing strong with her manApprove...wonderfulClapClapClap...I just had to read your first post almost 4 times and then go to your next post to understand the interpretation perfectly...superbClap...

I m not much a fan of Tagore though,But I hv always admired his work...and this poem perfectly fits the billThumbs Up...

Edited by jyoti06 - 20 January 2011 at 5:47am
Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 7:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by coasta_70

what you have written is beautiful beyond expression!!! a few of us are fortunate women to live in a world where we can make our own decisions. I agree and hope that through the strong and resilient Geet, many more women/girls find courage to fight their battles and break the barriers of social pressure and dogma.
once again......splendid post!

Thanks coasta. Yes, we are fortunate indeed to be able to make our choices but not all are so lucky.  I too wish they not only show maaneet romance (which I love) but also carry the social message in this show.  Would love to see Geet work for similarly affected women.  Each woman's tale can be a sub plot within the main plot. Would be better than see Arjun-Annie romance.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

coasta_70

Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 7:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by jasw

Wow! Very nice interpretation.Clap

I have always loved this poem since my childhood days. I love the Bong version too ..Chitto jetha bhayshunyo, uchho jetha shir!

Rabindranath Tagore had written this poem so many years ago and it is kind of eternal! If all of us could imbibe this, the world would be such a nice place to live in!

Thanks. I'm glad to know that you too love this poem and as you said it is eternal although he wrote it in the context of the freedom movement.  I do not know bengali so cant appreciate it in that language but am sure it is equally good or even better.

Go to top