India-Forums

Major Earthquake in Pakistan... (Page 7)

debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 5:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ankit_nyc

Oh so it's okay to throw a woman in jail for practicing her religion? She wasn't killing anyone, or hurting anyone.......this lady was just practicing her religion.......and the minister was merely defending her, and that would entitle him to be shot to death like he was? and it's okay for people to celebrate this man's death on the streets........They couldn't even find a muslim imam to offer prayers at this man's funeral.........I mean where were all the moderates in that country? this was one of them....he was a minister in the country........he didn't kill anyone, or hurt anyone.....he was just asking the government to release this woman from jail,, and for that he was shot to death and his killer is being treated like a national hero.....
It is not a question of whether it is civil of not...or not a matter of moral equivalence....as you know how recently the Pope criticized the laws of Islam and called for the repeal of Pakistan's blasphemous law? All this is in response to that. You would expect this from a country that is not  secular and again a false authority commented on islamic sharia....but just like you said just because someone's opinion differs, you cannot call him/her an idiot, similarly, just because it is immoral, doesn't mean Pakistan, as a country is immoral. Like you can see there are people against this.

Anyways, it s useless to continue this conversation, this isn't the right place and neither would D Sir want us to do this.

Edited by debayon - 19 January 2011 at 5:37pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

tulipbaby53

kinara17 IF-Sizzlerz
kinara17
kinara17

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 5:39pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by DharmeshSir

Originally posted by Kinara2

Its horrible...God save those people...Pakistan is having so much nature's disaster since few yrs ... Mihir thank you for letting  us know...i appreciate that Smile

No probs Kinara ji Smile....

@Dramebaaz & GuruGhantaal (Kya naam hain dono ke LOL)

Idk what happened to dramebaaz, she was a nice member in DID LM, i still remember "pharro pharro"s biggest fan....

But get well soon, I have this awesome quote on terrorism by the president of our own country, Pratibha Patil...

It is an ideology born out of hatred and its adherents belong to no religion, culture or civilisation. 

Just because Dramebaaz ji's opinion may not agree with yours, it doesn't mean she is not mentally well.  She is not the only one who has that view by the way.  The countries of United States, England, France, Denmark, Sweeden, etc all require citizens of Pakistan to go through an extra layer of security check due to the abundance of terrorists that have come from that country.  It's great that you love the country of pakistan and the people of pakistan but just to label those who don't as mentally unfit is not fair.  When an act of terrorism is committed by an Indian, millions of Indians stand up and protest that act of terrorism.  I don't see the same protest from members of other countries.  I don't see mass rallies in Pakistan denouncing terrorism.  If not all pakistanis are terrorists and only a few are, then let the majority go out and protest the actions of these terrorists instead of celebrating the actions of these terrorists.  Just last week a pakistani minister was shot in Pakistan just because he  thought a chrisitan woman shouldn't be thrown in jail for her religious beliefs.  Instead of protesting the shooting, the majority of the people were on the street celebrating the shooter. Smile and there are many other tragedies in the world that have happened this week outside of this earthquake.  Floods in Australia, where many Indian died and lost their homes.  It would have been nice to have an appreciation thread or a thread dedicated to them as well.. I have started such a thread. Smile 
 Ankit  u r  taking this issue so seriously...Mihir started this thread only for let us know ab8 the earth quake...thats all ...eventually this thread is turning to a political issue,such as who doesnot like paki or not ,or they are terrorist or not...its very sad....pls dont take it personnaly and i appreciate that u have thought to start a thread ..i will definitely post my comment on that....

Edited by Kinara2 - 19 January 2011 at 5:43pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ankit_nycThatOneGuy

ankit_nyc IF-Rockerz
ankit_nyc
ankit_nyc

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 5:39pm | IP Logged
I am sorry but I don't know of  any other developed country in the world where literally thousands of people take to the streets to celebrate the shooting of a minister whose only crime was that he was a rational law abiding citizen.  It would be like thousands of people rallying here in United States to celebrate the shooting of the congresswoman.........It would never happen because the majority of the people in this country are Sane and thoughtful.......Wish same could be said for other countries in the world...........oh here's the link of the article which states what I have stated here.....Tongue

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40989445/ns/world_news-south_and_central_as
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101127/ap_on_re_as/as_pakistania/

Edited by ankit_nyc - 19 January 2011 at 5:40pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kinara17

debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 5:41pm | IP Logged

I am sorry but I don't any other country in the world where literally thousands of people take to the streets to celebrat the shooting of a minister whose only crime was that he was a rational law abiding citizen.  It would be like thousands of people rallying here in United States to celebrate the shooting of the congresswoman.........It would never happen because the majority of the people in this country are Sane and thoughtful.......Wish same could be said for other countries in the world...........oh here's the link of the article which states what I have stated here.....Tongue
I can similarly allege that since lot of Americans overeat, America is an obese country. There you go, if that's how you like itTongue Do you see the non-sequitur here? I hope you doSmile
ankit_nyc IF-Rockerz
ankit_nyc
ankit_nyc

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 5:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by debayon

I am sorry but I don't any other country in the world where literally thousands of people take to the streets to celebrat the shooting of a minister whose only crime was that he was a rational law abiding citizen.  It would be like thousands of people rallying here in United States to celebrate the shooting of the congresswoman.........It would never happen because the majority of the people in this country are Sane and thoughtful.......Wish same could be said for other countries in the world...........oh here's the link of the article which states what I have stated here.....Tongue
I can similarly allege that since lot of Americans overeat, America is an obese country. There you go, if that's how you like itTongue Do you see the non-sequitur here? I hope you doSmile

Smile America is an obese country.......that is a fact........there are more overweight people in the United States then any other country in the world.......Facts don't change just because we don;t like them......Smile
kinara17 IF-Sizzlerz
kinara17
kinara17

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 5:47pm | IP Logged
yes u are right facts never change ... and thank you for the thread...

Edited by Kinara2 - 19 January 2011 at 5:48pm
ThatOneGuy IF-Sizzlerz
ThatOneGuy
ThatOneGuy

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 6:17pm | IP Logged
Ankit..I never mentioned she is mentally ill. Confused

But I would like to add that its the opinion and the thought that matters the most...

Here is something that might interest you...

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
Watch your words, for they become actions.
Watch your actions, for they become habits.
Watch your habits, for they become character."

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

kinara17RagMasta

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 6:36pm | IP Logged

I am sorry but I don't know of  any other developed country in the world where literally thousands of people take to the streets to celebrate the shooting of a minister whose only crime was that he was a rational law abiding citizen.  It would be like thousands of people rallying here in United States to celebrate the shooting of the congresswoman.........It would never happen because the majority of the people in this country are Sane and thoughtful.......Wish same could be said for other countries in the world...........oh here's the link of the article which states what I have stated here.....Tongue

A sane developed nation nation reacts with "death threats" and vandalism over a "health care" bill
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/legislative/house/2010-03-24-threats_N.htm

A sane developed nation leaves expletive filled voice messages against their representatives
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6329647n

A sane developed nation has people who celebrate death as God's punishment
http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/file.php?40,file=27898,filename=WESTBORO-BAPTIST-CHURCH.jpg

A sane developed nation has people who make loaded vitriol filled rhetoric and feign innocence
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-january-18-2011/petty-woman

Just because the ugly is not seen all the time does not mean it does not exist. Americans are lucky that in our nation sane still outweighs the insane, we are at a precarious turning point in history that will determine if we shall continue being that sane nation or steep into hatred and prejudice.

Similarly just because the innocent are not shown all the time does not mean they do not exist. Pakistan is unlucky because the wrong people have taken the country in the wrong direction at the expense of the innocent. They are at a point in history where the extremists from surrounding regions have infiltrated and permeated their country brainwashing their innocent into being something ugly.

No one is claiming that Pakistan is a perfect nation or the perfect neighbor. Nobody is denying that Indo-Pak relations have been strained. Everyone is aware that Pakistan is a nation strife with political turmoil, extremist infiltration and a host of other issues. And yes it is an undeniable fact that many new terrorists investigated have been linked to Pakistan.

However, this is a devastating earthquake that we are talking about. An earthquake that is disrupting and destroying the lives of ordinary civilians. Ordinary innocent civilians who may have no ties with the politics and ugliness of the world, but who live a day to day rudimentary frugal rurla existence. 

When disaster strikes compassion and humanity dictates that we set aside differences for a moment and sympathize with the civilians who may be suffering. We have a choice to show that we are fair, rational humans whose problem is with the terrorists and extremists - not with the ordinary civilian. We have a choice to show that there is temperance and reason and the world helps those in need. If we ourselves get consumed with hatred and spite and revenge - then we convince more people that there is no good in the world and perhaps the terrorist and extremists are right in hating us.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Alia009RapierRagMastadebayonThatOneGuyJess.petticoattulipbaby53

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

DID Doubles Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index