Major Earthquake in Pakistan...

ThatOneGuy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

Hey guys, just read that a major earthquake hit pakistan few hours ago. Its effects were felt in Dubai and Delhi as well. 

Islamabad, Pakistan (CNN) -- An earthquake with a magnitude of 7.2 struck Wednesday morning in a remote area of southwestern Pakistan, but initial reports revealed no major damage.

The earthquake occurred at 1:23 a.m. (3:23 p.m. Tuesday ET) at a depth of 84 kilometers (52 miles), the U.S. Geological Survey said. It was centered 45 kilometers (30 miles) west of Dalbandin, and 1,035 kilometers (640 miles) west-southwest of Islamabad, the USGS said on its website.

Arif Mahmood, director of the Pakistan Meteorological Department, put the epicenter at 320 kilometers (about 200 miles) southwest of Quetta near Kharan, Balochistan, and said it had been felt in Punjab, Sindh, and Balochistan provinces in Pakistan, as well as parts of Iran and India.

Mahmood predicted major aftershocks. "Earthquakes with such magnitudes in the past have brought on aftershocks," he told CNN from Islamabad.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/01/18/pakistan.quake/?hpt=T2

I know we have many pakistani friends on here, hoping and praying for everyone's safety and that there are no aftershocks

Edited by DharmeshSir - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rapier thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
oh no! that is pretty serious. pretty big on the scale. hope no one sustained any serious damage. hope ur families, friends, and homes are safe!

i should really watch the news! i had no clue about this!🤔
ThatOneGuy thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rapier

oh no! that is pretty serious. pretty big on the scale. hope no one sustained any serious damage. hope ur families, friends, and homes are safe!

i should really watch the news! i had no clue about this!🤔

Yeah...magnitude-wise it is stronger than the Haiti one...thankfully no damage or loss has been reported yet...
debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
In Delhi too? Gosh, I hope no one was seriously hurt...glad to know that there were no major aftereffects of the earthquake.
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Seems like not  much damage as it occured about 84 km below the surface.
It is the floods that are worrisome and we expect more and more of these due to global warming. Australia is badly hit too and so was Brazil and Pakistan.
Expecting something to happen even in California.

-Aaliyah- thumbnail
My prayers go out to everyone 🤗
dramebaaz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Pakistan should have been destroyed this time😭...neways there is always next time😃
Rapier thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: dramebaaz

Pakistan should have been destroyed this time😭...neways there is always next time😃

That is really low!😔
ThatOneGuy thumbnail

dramebaaz! are u serious? better not ðŸ˜†
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

How can you even say such a thing?