Posted: 18 January 2011 at 8:32pm | IP Logged
 Today what they were asking was a big Gujraati Meal  Confused

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mourinho

HalkatJawaniJay IF-Dazzler
HalkatJawaniJay
HalkatJawaniJay

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 8:52pm | IP Logged
Learning to cook for oneself is good, but you have to see the lifestyle of the family like for Mona case it was either done by servants or her mom/taayi was doing it. Mona never had to be worried about this stuff, so it's okay to say she can't cook. But what irritates me most is not knowing how to operate say microwave or cooker not knowing how to cut vegetables c'mon you see your Mom work all the time you pick up on these things whether you actually know how to cook or not.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

beetaurustaral83

taral83 IF-Dazzler
taral83
taral83

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 6:13am | IP Logged
that's exactly what I'm talking about kajolj... The basics..... I am hearing over n over that Mona lifestyle was different... So she never learned.. Why not??? I had two elder sisters and my mom... Still I was expected to know at least roti... As I said who has seen tommorow? Cooking is a education. Money is something that can go or be taken away any min by god... But education that can never me taken away... As someone said they wanted a full on dinner.... So basics wouldn't have helped... Yes it might not have helped her get a wonderful meal on the table but it would have gotten some meal on the table. At least it would not have been burnt roti n uncooked sabzi..... The point is that anu was ready to help n he is a guy.. He knee something about the kitchen even though he had females in the house n was not allowed in kitchen..... So y is mona being excused with "have u seen her lifestyle"

Edited by taral83 - 19 January 2011 at 6:45am
tanzeb Senior Member
tanzeb
tanzeb

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 8:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kajolj

Learning to cook for oneself is good, but you have to see the lifestyle of the family like for Mona case it was either done by servants or her mom/taayi was doing it. Mona never had to be worried about this stuff, so it's okay to say she can't cook. But what irritates me most is not knowing how to operate say microwave or cooker not knowing how to cut vegetables c'mon you see your Mom work all the time you pick up on these things whether you actually know how to cook or not.

Hey, I've watched my mom do the pressure cooker and make dal, but I don't know at all how to use the pressure cooker.  I've tried to make dal but it doesn't come out good. So I just bake lamb, fish and eat salad or stir fry veggies on the side. It's much easier and tastes better than plain roti/subzi.
taral83 IF-Dazzler
taral83
taral83

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 9:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tanzeb

Originally posted by kajolj

Hey, I've watched my mom do the pressure cooker and make dal, but I don't know at all how to use the pressure cooker.  I've tried to make dal but it doesn't come out good. So I just bake lamb, fish and eat salad or stir fry veggies on the side. It's much easier and tastes better than plain roti/subzi.

but see u know some what cooking...........which is better then not even knowing the ABCs of it...........
nycsweetie IF-Sizzlerz
nycsweetie
nycsweetie

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 10:07am | IP Logged
actually the CVs made a blooper...they are showing that Mona doesnt know how to cook (in general not specifically gujju food) as she says she have never stepped foot into a kitchen before yet a couple of episodes ago Gurnaam had a flashback in which Mona was in the kitchen and was cooking and he tasted the food and liked it...so all of the sudden she has never even entered a kitchen before?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

_Sahra_beetaurus

rsinging Groupbie
rsinging
rsinging

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 10:34am | IP Logged
I understand that this is just a show, but some reality is required.  I am yet to see a Punjabi girl (i was born and rasied in US traditionally) who has never set foot int he kitchen.  We were taught basics at a very young age and were required to cook on weekends when we had no school. This is an insult to us as a culture.  Speaking of insults, the girls parents giving the idea of a honeymoon is shameful itself not to mention no self respecting family of any Indian culture would send someone to spy on their daughter or do things for her and fool her in-laws.  This is way to off the beaten path. 

taral83

mourinho Newbie
mourinho
mourinho

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 11:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by isahra

Today what they were asking was a big Gujraati Meal  Confused
MOna gujju family should understand that she didnt know gujerati cooking,
she didnt know cooking so whats the problem.

_Sahra_

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Preet Se Bandhi Yeh Dori... Ram Milaayi Jodi Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index