India-Forums

Preet Se Bandhi Yeh Dori... Ram Milaayi Jodi
Preet Se Bandhi Yeh Dori... Ram Milaayi Jodi

Non-Cook Bahu.......

taral83 IF-Dazzler
taral83
taral83

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 3:50pm | IP Logged
I don't know about the rest of you but I just hate it when they show tracks like these in serials, where the new daughter-in-law doesn't know how to cook and is stuck making the dinner, first rasoi. I understand that not everyone is the greatest cook, but everyone...I mean everyone, including men and women both.....should know the basics of cooking. Its a survival trait if anything!.....I hate it when I see stuff like..."i didn't even step into my kitchen at my parents home"...."or I never bothered to learn because I just hate cooking, and i will either eat out or have a cook"............Kal kisne dekha hai bahi???Ouch What if you don't have the money to eat out or hire a cook??? There is a lot of things in life that we hate but have to do it to survive. In pre-cap they show Mona throwing in whole sabzi...I mean come on even if your not Guju, ur still Punjabi and their is one thing common in all Indian food......TADKA!!!.......if you know how to do TADKA, you can basically put any clean veggy in and cook it. I am not saying that everyone should know how to be excellent cooks but at least know the basics. If the roti isn't round that is ok....as long as u know how to make the dough..........if the rice is un-cooked thats ok as long as u know how to put it on the stove. Dal gali nahi vo be ok...but know how to put the cooker on the stove. Cooking is something if not for others u should know for urself, its a trait that will help you anytime......its a education..........Sorry that I am so upset about this but I just don't understand how grown people  don't know basics? You should attempt it....no one is born a cook. I learned since I was in the 8th grade. For myself.........And I am sure many of you don't know how to cook, which is fine, but just learn the basics that is all I am talking about. Do it or don't do it I don't care but know it................

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Humtum25frisky2duzeerouble_lovertvdekha

nycsweetie IF-Sizzlerz
nycsweetie
nycsweetie

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 5:03pm | IP Logged
good point
_Sahra_ Goldie
_Sahra_
_Sahra_

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 6:03pm | IP Logged
I understand where your coming from but after the Maha whaver it's callled they needed somethng to ease back into the show.

Plus if you think about have you ever seen Mona cook at her old house it's ussally done by the servant or her mom & aunt. Mona and sweety have never done anything that has something to do with cooking. they only thing i've seen  Monado that has anything to do with cooking/ food  suggesting a resturant.

Edited by isahra - 18 January 2011 at 6:04pm
taral83 IF-Dazzler
taral83
taral83

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 6:17pm | IP Logged
@isahra... It still not a excuses not to know... In fact she has so many females in the home that could have taught her the basics...... N what bothers me is that Mona keeps crying that she needs to be a good bahu blah blah... Well y is she not doing anything to make it better.... First mistake as I said before them going to Bombay(yes I know it was for the special) but logically it makes no sense for them to do that... Right now what is more important is making anu,a family happy with moa.... N she is doing nothing to make it right...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Humtum25

beetaurus Goldie
beetaurus
beetaurus

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 6:56pm | IP Logged
Mona should have learnt some kind of basic cooking. 
_Sahra_ Goldie
_Sahra_
_Sahra_

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 7:27pm | IP Logged
@taral83  My points weren't excuse they were just bringing light to mona's charater she hasn't done anything that has something to with cooking since there are alot of women in her house she should have learned by now she has no excuse and and what's going on today was not creative , Im not saying "mona wasn't taught the basics'" have you seen  their house all you saw were women. Mona should be complaining or crying she shouldn't  be blaming her self on why she didn't try to learn the basics Today's episode is asking for a gourmet meal not a simple sandwich.  so i can feel for her.

Edited by isahra - 18 January 2011 at 8:20pm
tanzeb Senior Member
tanzeb
tanzeb

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 8:03pm | IP Logged
I can relate to Mona not knowing how to cook anything because I have a rich cousin in India who only steps inside the kitchen to tell the cook what the menu for the day is. The cook buys the grocery, cooks all meals, and washes all the dishes, etc. 

But my female cousins who married into middle class families have to cook all meals, morning and evenings, even when they have full time jobs outside of the house. So it all depends upon the families you marry into.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

mourinhoHumtum25_Sahra_

brainychild92 IF-Sizzlerz
brainychild92
brainychild92

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 8:11pm | IP Logged
even i don't knw the basic of a kitchen.. but i know how to make a sandwich..  use a microwave... even how to dial a number on the phone!  there ARE things to get one through without knowing how to "cook"    and as for mona   her in=laws expect a gourmet meal so basic of cooking wouldn't help her anyways!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

mourinho_Sahra_

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index