Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

I'm okay being seen with Priyanka: Shahid

sheenu32 Goldie
sheenu32
sheenu32

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 1:37pm | IP Logged

m okay being seen with Priyanka: Shahid

Shahid Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra More Pics
It rained 10 different Best Actor awards in Shahid Kapoor's backyard all through 2010. The accolades came for Kaminey (2009) and the applause carried through for a year. 

Somewhere in between he had a couple of indifferent films. A dud called Dil Bole Hadippa and an average grosser called Badmaash Company. Both got mixed reactions. That's when this cutie-pie hero, who has been at the No 4 slot on the Times 50 Most Desirable Men, twice in a row, decided to take a short break to do some serious strategising. 

"I was reading scripts every day,'' confesses the actor. However, he agreed to do just Mausam directed by his father Pankaj Kapur. This March, the shooting should end. And immediately after this Shahid will start work on Kunal Kohli's next romantic film with his current date Priyanka Chopra. The PC-Shahid romance has gained great momentum in recent weeks after their appearance on Koffee with Karan. Mercifully, he doesn't shy away from the topic. Admits Shahid, "I am very fond of Priyanka.'' 

However, the actor refutes stories of their New Year engagement in Goa. Says he, "As always the media is ahead of both Priyanka and me with their constant speculation. I am not one of those who leads life according to what the press will write or say. I do not let others govern my actions and my thought process. I am okay with being spotted having coffee and dinner with Priyanka. I am okay being seen fetching her in my car from the airport. Just because the media assumes things, I am not going to change the way I do things.'' 

Shahid says he enjoyed the experience of being on the talk show with PC. "I've been getting amazing feedback on that show,'' he laughs. "It just so happens that people know only the more staid, introverted Shahid. They've not gotten a chance to see the other more interactive me. I decided that on Koffee... I would show them the fun side of me." Warming up to the topic of Priyanka, Shahid adds, "My mother Neelima is Muslim, my father is a Punjabi. We are a vociferous family. None of us shy away from expressing our feelings. If and when I decide to get engaged, I will certainly not hide it." 

On the professional front, Shahid is confident his dad's first directorial debut Mausam will create ripples. "I am more a son on the set than an actor. I do not feel like a superstar. I just feel like an actor who wants to go out there and do his best. I have tremendous faith in dad. And I'm enjoying the experience of working with him."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Im-okay-being-seen-with-Priyanka-Shahid/articleshow/7311113.cms

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Nuktaacheen-Mmmmm-Nisha_90

koolchick IF-Rockerz

Requested Self ban

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 2:06pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

anna143karankittuNuktaacheensmarie-Mmmmm-Meena1ruky786Salyankatomnjerry2

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 2:14pm | IP Logged
Since when was Shahid Kapoor a superstar? That is something new...Ermm

Looks - check
Acting - check
Dancing - check
Superstar - Thumbs Down

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

anna143Nuktaacheenkoolchick-Mmmmm-friends_rockMeena1tomnjerry2

sheee IF-Sizzlerz
sheee
sheee

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 2:14pm | IP Logged
Me not okay.

koolchickruky786tomnjerry2

Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 9:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ruky786

Since when was Shahid Kapoor a superstar? That is something new...Ermm

Looks - check
Acting - check
Dancing - check
Superstar - Thumbs Down

nahin hai to ban jaaye ga...!  WinkTongue

akki bhi to ban gaya, so shahid kyon nahin...!!  if he chooses better scripts, and has more hits to his credit, he can be....!!

and obviously he's okay being seen with pri... couples ka brand value aise hi zyaada hai... Wink

-Mmmmm-ruky786tomnjerry2

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 9:25am | IP Logged
Actually post JWM and Kaminey was supposed to be his time... but its shocking how kaminey was snubbed in many award shows.. and after that movie.. he did do many disas movies like CPD, Paathshala, DBH... badmash company was still ok.. kaminey was outshined by 3 idiots.. but i think in terms of legacy.. kaminey will enjoy a better legacy than 3 idiots.. altho i did prefer 3 iditos at the time it released.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

glittersNuktaacheen-Mmmmm-friends_rocktomnjerry2

Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 9:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ladygaga

Actually post JWM and Kaminey was supposed to be his time... but its shocking how kaminey was snubbed in many award shows.. and after that movie.. he did do many disas movies like CPD, Paathshala, DBH... badmash company was still ok.. kaminey was outshined by 3 idiots.. but i think in terms of legacy.. kaminey will enjoy a better legacy than 3 idiots.. altho i did prefer 3 iditos at the time it released.

paa won at most awards, nahin... i don't remember aamir winning that many awards for 3 idiots, but yes, as a movie 3 idiots was everywhere... i dunno, i did not really like it... the over the top scenes were just too much...

and at jwm came out, there was srk's chak de... and obviously, chak de was the winner....!!

luck ki baat hai... if he did not have so many flops after kaminey, his hits would have been remembered more... flops always dilute the effect of the hits....!!  

but i don't think it's late for him at all... remember how many duds aamir gave in the earlier part of his career... mostly after lagaan, people took more of a notice towards aamir.... let's see what kind of movies he does in the coming years....

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ladygaga-Mmmmm-

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 9:40am | IP Logged
Yes the competition in male category is very stiff... and he is also sorta facing competition from ranbir kapoor.. biru in his early days only is drawing boxoffice close to khans... and is a decent actor.. he hardly hams and is a bit more consistent than Shahid.. yes shasha's flops cloud people's judgement.. mine too.. and we tend to over look the kamineys and the jwmss... his game changer seems to be mausam.. lets see how it turns out to be.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Nuktaacheen-Mmmmm-

Go to top