India-Forums

Sanjog Se Bani Sangini
Sanjog Se Bani Sangini

With a heavy heart...

pinkcarnation Senior Member
pinkcarnation
pinkcarnation

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 12:19pm | IP Logged
I must say that I am disappointed with Binny Sharma's acting progression.  Okay, this is not a bashing of an actor, but a critical assessment of B.S.'s acting.  In the beginning, it made sense that her acting prowess didn't match the other actors in Sangini, but it's been six months and there has been no significant acting improvement.  Now, before you get the wrong opinion, I will like to present my view. 

Binny Sharma only acts with her face. Her body positioning is often awkward and distracting, especially her hands.  There are times when her hands are so awkward, not just because they're tiny, that it completely turns me off from the scene.  For example, in the last ME, when she is praying in the car for Rudra's safety the way she clutches her hands is so weak and weird.  When she runs, maybe it's the heels or the saris, it is very very awkward. Comparisons are not allowed on I-F, but I know that differences between two actors can  be observed on the screen, and I recommend everybody to do that. 

I don't want to undermine B.S.'s success, but watching her onscreen for almost six months now, I personally accepted more progress.  Now, when Gauri is on screen, I just skip the scene, unless Rudra is sharing the frame.  Maybe, this is just a useless ranting, and I might be criticized for saying this on a public forum, but as a viewer I have the right to judge an actor's acting/potential. 
Please comment, and express your views, but keep in mind that I haven't written this post to be a bashing topic, but a discussion piece; it is alright if you don't agree with me, so please go ahead and disapprove my statements, but keep it civil!!!!!!!!!

Edited by pinkcarnation - 18 January 2011 at 12:21pm

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

dolly_25tanya12one2nonebengalirani101koolchickTiyaliLaila2009Rach-dcmysticgoryfilmsLimitLessFan

bengalirani101 Goldie
bengalirani101
bengalirani101

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 12:36pm | IP Logged
i completely respect ur views, and u were very sincere about ur opinion, personally i luv binny, i thot she was doing fantastic for her 1st job, yes she has room for improvement, i can agree, but for me she is far from a disaster, im very happy w/ her. yess when shes running its a lil awkward but i dont think its her fault, i think its the saree and heels. hmmm didnt pay much attention to her hands tho, and i agree that her expressions are really gud..give her time, i think she'll learn the ropes=D

Edited by bengalirani101 - 18 January 2011 at 12:36pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

charmz517OrientalDancerRach-dc

pinkcarnation
pinkcarnation

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 12:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bengalirani101

i completely respect ur views, and u were very sincere about ur opinion, personally i luv binny, i thot she was doing fantastic for her 1st job, yes she has room for improvement, i can agree, but for me she is far from a disaster, im very happy w/ her. yess when shes running its a lil awkward but i dont think its her fault, i think its the saree and heels. hmmm didnt pay much attention to her hands tho, and i agree that her expressions are really gud..give her time, i think she'll learn the ropes=D
thanks for your opinion,hun and i don't think she' s a disaster.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

bengalirani101

ALUJNA21 IF-Stunnerz
ALUJNA21
ALUJNA21

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 1:03pm | IP Logged
I also really like her for me she's just perfect in any aspects.If her hands are small obviously it will be shown small but she's not suffering from any handicap that her hands are weird looking nor when she's running may be the saree almost all girls and ladies wear only trousers and jeans nowadays. so for her, a girl who's not accustomed to it and have to handle it for the whole day it is quite difficult.Her legs are in great form this is no doubt at all as DID already cleared it by her dancing.

Edited by alujna-21 - 18 January 2011 at 1:04pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

pinkcarnationcharmz517monaghoshOrientalDancerVasusenaRadheya

pinkcarnation
pinkcarnation

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 1:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by alujna-21

I also really like her for me she's just perfect in any aspects.If her hands are small obviously it will be shown small but she's not suffering from any handicap that her hands are weird looking nor when she's running may be the saree almost all girls and ladies wear only trousers and jeans nowadays. so for her, a girl who's not accustomed to it and have to handle it for the whole day it is quite difficult.Her legs are in great form this is no doubt at all as DID already cleared it by her dancing.
I'm glad you like her, it's a testament to her sucess. I don't mean to imply that there is something wrong with her physical appearance, I just don't like the way she manages her body in a scene.

Edited by pinkcarnation - 18 January 2011 at 1:09pm
sverma Groupbie
sverma
sverma

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 1:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pinkcarnation

I must say that I am disappointed with Binny Sharma's acting progression.  Okay, this is not a bashing of an actor, but a critical assessment of B.S.'s acting.  In the beginning, it made sense that her acting prowess didn't match the other actors in Sangini, but it's been six months and there has been no significant acting improvement.  Now, before you get the wrong opinion, I will like to present my view. 

Binny Sharma only acts with her face. Her body positioning is often awkward and distracting, especially her hands.  There are times when her hands are so awkward, not just because they're tiny, that it completely turns me off from the scene.  For example, in the last ME, when she is praying in the car for Rudra's safety the way she clutches her hands is so weak and weird.  When she runs, maybe it's the heels or the saris, it is very very awkward. Comparisons are not allowed on I-F, but I know that differences between two actors can  be observed on the screen, and I recommend everybody to do that. 

I don't want to undermine B.S.'s success, but watching her onscreen for almost six months now, I personally accepted more progress.  Now, when Gauri is on screen, I just skip the scene, unless Rudra is sharing the frame.  Maybe, this is just a useless ranting, and I might be criticized for saying this on a public forum, but as a viewer I have the right to judge an actor's acting/potential. 
Please comment, and express your views, but keep in mind that I haven't written this post to be a bashing topic, but a discussion piece; it is alright if you don't agree with me, so please go ahead and disapprove my statements, but keep it civil!!!!!!!!!

I think you should offer to give her some traing in Acting and share your own ACTING PORTFOLIO. This will be quite valuable for Binny Sharma in her future endeavors.
reitsuma67 Senior Member
reitsuma67
reitsuma67

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 1:46pm | IP Logged
I don't think Binny is a bad actress, in fact I think she is very good. She can improve, like anyone else, but her hand positions don't really bother me very much. I actually never noticed it. Though I love Gauri's character, there are times when it gets boring, I agree with you on that note. When Gauri was trying to make everyone believe that Rudra was innocent, she kept on saying the same dialogs!! She kept on saying, "I will prove that he is innocent. I have faith in him,,, blah, blah, blah..." Well, she said it in Hindi. But I don't think Binny has control over the script. So, she can't really so anything about that. Over all, I really like her though. Heart Thumbs Up

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

gaya_subpinkcarnationcharmz517monaghoshOrientalDancerALUJNA21VasusenaRadheya

mysticgoryfilms IF-Sizzlerz
mysticgoryfilms
mysticgoryfilms

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 3:31pm | IP Logged
yes, I tend to agree with you nowadays. before I was thinking that binny is a newcomer, you can't tell whether she is a good or bad actor just with one scene. it is her first show after all. in fact, somtimes I would even support her. however, these past few months I have been noticing a stable in her acting or even a slight decrease. and no, I am not just saying this out of the blue. I did discuss this with a friend of mine through PM of course, as I didn't want to hurt binny's fans.

now that you have mentioned it, I can openly say it. I do not watch sangini, at least don't watch most of it unless iqbal is in the scene. but when I used to watch it regularly and entirely, I noticed how stiff binny looks in some scenes. during the time when rudra hated her, she excelled in those scenes. after that her acting started to get average. you're right. it has been months since the show had started and if she was improving before, she has stopped now. whenever I see her these days (of course with iqbal scenes which are many) I keep thinking to myself how she stays with one expression. maybe at times she is good, but if we compare her acting from when the show started to now....it is the same. you'd think, she is a dancer and dancers have good facial expressions. (mind you, I am not judging her dancing caliber, I am sure she is a good dancer just not a great one with expressions) 

and yes, before I used to wonder why people would judge another person by their height, it never really bothered me as a simple thing like height should not determine a person (for example, aamir khan. he is 5'5...very short. yet, you can't notice it because of his acting caliber. of course, you can notice his height though when some women are taller than him. LOL) - height was never a big issue with me. many people are short, yet they look great. many are tall, yet they don't and vice versa. besides, height is also natural. once you stop growing, you stop growing. you can't do anything about it.

BUT, when a mere issue like 'height' interferes with one's acting, it does become noticeable and irritating to some extent. because of binny's height, she is restricted to many things or the things she does comes across very awkward. it does not look nice in the long run. I know you cannot make her grow anymore LOL but she should use her small height to her advantage. which I do not think she is capable of doing.

basically, yes I did see a halt in binny's groW*H as an actress. she looks plain nowadays. (btw this is just my pov. do not want to bash her. which, I don't think I did.)

Edited by mysticgoryfilms - 18 January 2011 at 3:32pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

dolly_25pinkcarnationAlwaysHisJaanRach-dckoolchickLimitLessFan

Go to top