Random Musings: January 18, 2011

BheegiBasanti IF-Sizzlerz
BheegiBasanti
BheegiBasanti

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 12:01pm | IP Logged
Hola Maryaada Forum,

Welcome to the Random Musings thread! Hug

Please jump in with  your views on the
episode or the characters by posting analysis, poems, Riddles, vm's siggies, OS's or anything else you feel like!

Index of Analysis, or other items
Page 1:

Some simple rules:

1. Follow the IF code of conduct 
2. No bashing of members or the actors 
3. First page will typically be for analysis, poems or anything about the episode...so reserve if you want to do that! Big smile
4. If you don't want to analyze, you can still reserve your space for your views Big smile 
5. Have fun LOL

Thread openers for this week:
-Monday: Manal
-Tuesday: Jaya
-Wednesday: Manal
-Thursday: Jaya
-Friday: Jaya

[NOTE: if you want to open a thread then do let us know Hug]

BheegiBasanti
BheegiBasanti

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 1:13pm | IP Logged
Episode started with Gaurav overhearing Aditya praying that everything everything go ok with Brahmanand and Priya's first meeting. Nice brotherly conversation. Aditya is seriously a one-track mind kind of character...high energy and non-stop...ROFL. Suhaag Raat and now honeymoon destinations...ROFL...it never stops with this character...ROFL

At the Jhaakar guest house, Brahmanand has sent his crony to pretend to be him...predictable. Brahmanand himself in the meanwhile is keeping a watch on Mr. Pradhan and Chinu at the Rohtak medical college. I found the dialogs over the top in this scene but I guess that was the point. I did not like Ridhi's dialog delivery either...it felt like she was reading from a script!

Noticing the Pradhans returning home, Brahmanand calls his crony and asks him to get out of there but Priya insists that he at least drink tea made by her. Despite the attempt at creating drama by showing the Pradhans trying to get home urgently, the crony, predictably, leaves the guest house before they arrive! Have to say...I would have preferred this scene without the unnecessary attempt to create  some suspense around whether the Pradhans would make it back on time! D'oh

At the Jhaakars, an upset Vidya drags Imli in to her bedroom and shares her frustration at not being able to be a "wife" to Gaurav. While I loved that this scene showcased the friendship between Imli & Vidya Thumbs Up, I found Vindhya's acting excessively dramatic. Ermm

Noticing Sweety working on her computer, a curious Imli realizes that this might help Vidya get more worldly wise and in step with the times. So, once Vidya understands some basics from Sweety, Imli distracts her so that Vidya can get some privacy to search the internet for answers. Finally, Sweety's character get's some screen time. Thumbs Up I did not like Vidya referring to her younger sister-in-law as Sweety ji. Not needed at all to establish any aspects of Vidya's characterization. Stern Smile

The episode ended with Brahmanand getting a low-down on the conversation with Priya from his crony. Although I liked Vishwajeet's acting, I hated the unnecessary addition of the cops bringing a guy to the station while his wife pleaded for his release. The screenplay for this scene felt unnecessarily lengthy and dragged out! D'oh

Overall: This filler episode was very average for me...a 2.5/5. Screenplay did not work for me at all. Thumbs Down

Edited by darlunia - 18 January 2011 at 2:29pm

The following 23 member(s) liked the above post:

yourmittahcirsaggi80ER_ER_YAgujaratigirlravneetgillbcclsriyapoojaekomaswassup28shmuupieArsha85rgattuteri_susansihuneel_jayMellowfellowSunriseGreenanna44Sky23Feefisanw.Manal.

anshra IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 1:44pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

BheegiBasanti.Manal.

Sky23 IF-Rockerz
Sky23
Sky23

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 2:20pm | IP Logged
Watched the show earlier.  I find they seem to have slowed down in the way they are moving forward with the stories.  It's getting a bit boring for me.

Here are some things that resonated with me for various reasons:

Aditya/Gaurav scene - always like the way the relationships are built on this show.  Today Gaurav acts the big brother to his bro who is really nervous about Priya meeting their father for the first time.

Aditya staying away from Priya because of his mom doesn't fit with the way his character has been so far.  

Priya meeting her father in law for the first time by herself.  I didn't like this.  You don't have a relationship with your FIL by yourself at the beginning of the marriage...it comes later...this doesn't make sense to me.  I know it was the SSP's plan but someone should have tried to stopped him...Adi, Devyani, bauj.  Regardless of what type of girl Priya is .... this is a big moment... anyone would be nervous but Priya was confident, calm and well spoken.  Not shy, nervous or scared at all .  This didn't work for me.  Insom-mia do you agree with this assessment of a FIL and DIL relationship?

Something else that didn't work for me was Vidya doesn't know what a computer is and she is going to google her answers regarding the problems in her marriage??? What kind of girl is she that she has never seen a computer before?  What kind of girl did Devyani find for her son?

Bramanand - this character never fails to amaze me.  The last scene with his gloating about bharatia nari was really well done and what he said was totally in character for him.

The epi was a disappointment except for the Adi/Guarav and the last scene.

Edited by lovtv - 18 January 2011 at 2:22pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Insom-miargattuFeefiBheegiBasanti.Manal.

anshra IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 2:31pm | IP Logged

BheegiBasanti.Manal.

anshra IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 2:34pm | IP Logged

BheegiBasanti.Manal.

BheegiBasanti
BheegiBasanti

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 2:35pm | IP Logged
Hi Ani & Shelly! Man...today's episode did not work for me! The episode felt unnecessarily dragged out! I am missing one of the things that attracted me to this show in the first place...its crisp screenplay and the pace at which the story was moving while keeping the character consistency intact. Very disappointing!

Shelly...loved reading your perspective...agree almost completely. I did not like that last scene...it felt stretched out to me. I wish the scene had been crisp...would have been more impactful!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Insom-miaSky23.Manal.

anshra IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 2:42pm | IP Logged

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

nbostedBheegiBasantiMillerrr88.Manal.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index