Laagi Tujhse Lagan

India-Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Open Letter to IF-My final thoughts on LTL| VB Nte Pg 6 (Page 4)

nightoffullmoon Senior Member
nightoffullmoon
nightoffullmoon

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 1:20pm | IP Logged

Apart from the "rants" of an ex-viewer Wink, I think the purpose of this Open Letter--Freedom of Expression--is servedSmile.

I am loving this outpour. 

Funny though, how we all agree that we should not get personal or dig in to or comment on the personal lives of the actors, but if you look at what is posted, and the discussion threads, a great majority of them talk about Mahi and Mishal as persons, not as characters, or interchangeably.

Most of us read, respond to tidbits on personal lives. But when we hear what we do not want to hear, we say it is off limits.

We read and post silly, cliche-ridden, gossipy stuff from different sources, but censure personal opinion.

What we lack as a society is the ability to debate and accept different points of view, even those that are politically incorrect.

To quote Voltaire: "I may detest what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

If we could defend Nakku for questioning (more like berating) Bappa, we can certainly tolerate the views expressed by an ex-viewer Wink, without getting offended or being offensive, or defensive in our counter arguments.

Voltaire Zindabad! 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Hessa85gp00*dewdrop~pearl*

prettywoman Goldie
prettywoman
prettywoman

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 1:21pm | IP Logged
@shilpi.. will hold to u that.. agar FF jald nahin milli mujhe lagega tujhe ab LTL track se gussa nahinLOL
Crystal29 Goldie
Crystal29
Crystal29

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 1:34pm | IP Logged
@gp00...

Well, I have voiced positive and negative comments on the show here and saw no rebuke from IF or any member here...There have been discussions only. .And I am no dove...rainbow.. whatever...just a member in the forum who follows rules and is willing to follow rules......I will not agree that this forum is not fair. 

And it is very natural to get  replies supporting a show/actor from a forum which consists of people only interested in that show/actor and that too when you are writing out publicly negative remarks on the same..it does not mean anti-anti-LTL or anything...it means response...at least I wrote out because of that only..

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

sub_rosaskavitha08duskmozart66*dewdrop~pearl*rpmenon--Sia--ImmaculateDreamMrsKhan

*dewdrop~pearl* IF-Rockerz
*dewdrop~pearl*
*dewdrop~pearl*

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 1:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by crystal_29

Hi gp

Your post 'Poison Pill...' is what motivated me to write my first ever post in this forum to defend my favorite showSmile...I had been silent reader before that...So cannot resist replying to your last post too...

It is sad that you are leaving. And you have so many negative opinions about the show and its actors while leaving...It is your personal opinion, so I have no comments on what you should or should not think...

I just would like to add some of my thoughts as reply to what you have posted...So no offence to you or other replies here..Just my thoughts...I would like to make that clear first..

Firstly about the show - I am not very happy about the current dragging epis as I have made it clear on some other threads in the forum...But...And this a huge BUT...I am still watching it because of my belief in the story and show..and am still looking forward to what it might bring..And yes I am still watching it for Tasha. I am a romantic!  Characters have been played around with a lot here...I accept, but not to the level of being butchered completely...Even if that has been done, the show and characters have been salvaged later quite nicely..

I keep repeating many times on the forum...This is a show that runs five days a week, all through the year..Such things happen...because of all the business elements that are associated with it...I have no complaints until it crosses my threshold of patience and entertainment.

Second about the actors...I love the actors of this show...And my favorite is Mishal. He is my favorite to the point that I will stop watching thge show if he leaves. I will not agree that any other actor can play Dutta so well as he is...My reasons...I have seen some very bad and good actors in about 4 different  language movies and I know when I see a good one. So I will only defend him here..

About him coming back to India because he cannot "handle responsibilities"...Hmm...It might be or not be the case..Question is why do we not give him the benefit of doubt. It is sad to see a person who has worked to entertain us for so long to be described almost as a Rich spoiled  Brat.. I will be biased here because my father runs a business too, my brother did his studies abroad too and he is now in India helping my father and running his own consultancy...He went back to India because he was the only son and he wanted to be there as a mental and physical support to my parents...I would love to go back too if only I will be able to convince my husband...(that is a different story altogether...) That might be the case with Mishal too..I am just defending him here because I don't understand the reason that he is being called as a person with an 'attitude' just because he is rich...That is just beyond me...I call my parent's house as my house too...It is not a property/money thing...it is a sense of belonging and I don't know how else to explain that...

Actors are human too...But we criticize them and "assume" the worst possible about them and their personal life when they have been nothing but professional and have given us some quality entertainment. Such a sad thing. Do they not deserve even a iota of our respect for what they do?

I think this forum and the mods have been fair enough  and it is a pleasure being here. 

Lastly, thanks for all your funny telebirdie interviews. They were enjoyable

Take care
Crystal.

I agree with Crystal here. Just because some people are lucky enough to avail the financial support of their parents to pursue their ultimate educational goals, I dont think it is fair to criticize them for the same JUST because there are many who are not as fortunate. Everyone comes with their own luck. Along with talent, hardwork, and resources, I believe LUCK is the most important thing amongst everything. This is evident in various aspects of life, as in most aspects I have seen the most deserving people not given their due, while the least deserving of them all walks off with undue rewards. For eg., in Bollywood, I am sorry to say but currently I feel 95% of the stars dont even possess 5% of talent. I feel they are just there PURELY cos of luck. I want to name a few here, but I will just take one name, i.e., Katrina Kaif. No offense to her fans, but now she is regarded as the top most actress, but I seriously feel she CANT act to save her life! She always does Barbie doll kinda dumb roles which can be carried off by anyone in her place! She doesnt OWN any role she does. Still today she is considered No. 1 as she has given couple of hits in a row! Now this is what I call LUCK! Can you name even one young actor in Bollywood today who has come up on his/her own merit, and not because he is a STAR SON, or has a GODFATHER? Imran Khan, Ranbir Kapoor, Neil Nitin Mukesh, Deepika Padukone, Katrina Kaif (Salman's contacts), Harman Baweja, Sonam Kapoor....thats all I can think of now....is there even one ACTOR who was able to come up purely based on talent? This is just what I fear for MR!

But still we cannot blame those who possess great luck.

But in MR's case, if he prefers to be choosy I would say more than luck he is justified to do so purely because of his EXTRAORDINARY TALENT & CALIBRE in the field. I would use the word EXTRAORDINARY for MR, as I have personally not seen any TV actor do such justice to his role and character the way I have seen MR doing Clap! If he is successful today, I would label it purely for the excellence with which he performs his roles (be it Love Story or LTL). He breathes life into the character, he OWNS them. And I personally dont think there is any TV actor who can replace MR as Dutta.

And I wouldnt say even if he quit LTL, that is because he can AFFORD to sit at home as he has the option of living on his parent's wealth....I personally dont agree to that. Even if he is not acting, he has another option of his OWN business - Party Hard Drivers, which is doing really well now. Infact he was even nominated for some young entrepreneur award for the same. Now this had nothing to do with his parents. It was his own brain and money. So even if he is not working, am sure the monthly earnings of this business would be more than enough for him to sustain himself. But if this was not the case and if he was living on his parents money, then ya, even I would have lost respect for him. So ya, in this way, he can afford to be choosy Smile.

And again, even I consider myself to be lucky as my dad has his own business and I work with him Smile. But I dont think people like us should be blamed for the same, just because there are many out there who are struggling to get a decent job. I am really thankful to God for the same. Even in my friends group there have been many who have been sarcastic and mean to me for this reason, which has hurt me a lot! They have done that to me just cos they had to struggle a lot in life, but still I dont think they were justified in being mean to me for a reason like this which is not my fault Ouch.

Edited by *dewdrop~pearl* - 18 January 2011 at 1:57pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Fatima82silkrouteCrystal29skavitha08bfunofbb123MrsKhan

gp00 IF-Dazzler
gp00
gp00

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 2:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *dewdrop~pearl*

Originally posted by crystal_29

Hi gp

Your post 'Poison Pill...' is what motivated me to write my first ever post in this forum to defend my favorite showSmile...I had been silent reader before that...So cannot resist replying to your last post too...

It is sad that you are leaving. And you have so many negative opinions about the show and its actors while leaving...It is your personal opinion, so I have no comments on what you should or should not think...

I just would like to add some of my thoughts as reply to what you have posted...So no offence to you or other replies here..Just my thoughts...I would like to make that clear first..

Firstly about the show - I am not very happy about the current dragging epis as I have made it clear on some other threads in the forum...But...And this a huge BUT...I am still watching it because of my belief in the story and show..and am still looking forward to what it might bring..And yes I am still watching it for Tasha. I am a romantic!  Characters have been played around with a lot here...I accept, but not to the level of being butchered completely...Even if that has been done, the show and characters have been salvaged later quite nicely..

I keep repeating many times on the forum...This is a show that runs five days a week, all through the year..Such things happen...because of all the business elements that are associated with it...I have no complaints until it crosses my threshold of patience and entertainment.

Second about the actors...I love the actors of this show...And my favorite is Mishal. He is my favorite to the point that I will stop watching thge show if he leaves. I will not agree that any other actor can play Dutta so well as he is...My reasons...I have seen some very bad and good actors in about 4 different  language movies and I know when I see a good one. So I will only defend him here..

About him coming back to India because he cannot "handle responsibilities"...Hmm...It might be or not be the case..Question is why do we not give him the benefit of doubt. It is sad to see a person who has worked to entertain us for so long to be described almost as a Rich spoiled  Brat.. I will be biased here because my father runs a business too, my brother did his studies abroad too and he is now in India helping my father and running his own consultancy...He went back to India because he was the only son and he wanted to be there as a mental and physical support to my parents...I would love to go back too if only I will be able to convince my husband...(that is a different story altogether...) That might be the case with Mishal too..I am just defending him here because I don't understand the reason that he is being called as a person with an 'attitude' just because he is rich...That is just beyond me...I call my parent's house as my house too...It is not a property/money thing...it is a sense of belonging and I don't know how else to explain that...

Actors are human too...But we criticize them and "assume" the worst possible about them and their personal life when they have been nothing but professional and have given us some quality entertainment. Such a sad thing. Do they not deserve even a iota of our respect for what they do?

I think this forum and the mods have been fair enough  and it is a pleasure being here. 

Lastly, thanks for all your funny telebirdie interviews. They were enjoyable

Take care
Crystal.

I agree with Crystal here. Just because some people are lucky enough to avail the financial support of their parents to pursue their ultimate educational goals, I dont think it is fair to criticize them for the same JUST because there are many who are not as fortunate. Everyone comes with their own luck. Along with talent, hardwork, and resources, I believe LUCK is the most important thing amongst everything. This is evident in various aspects of life, as in most aspects I have seen the most deserving people not given their due, while the least deserving of them all walks off with undue rewards. For eg., in Bollywood, I am sorry to say but currently I feel 95% of the stars dont even possess 5% of talent. I feel they are just there PURELY cos of luck. I want to name a few here, but I will just take one name, i.e., Katrina Kaif. No offense to her fans, but now she is regarded as the top most actress, but I seriously feel she CANT act to save her life! She always does Barbie doll kinda dumb roles which can be carried off by anyone in her place! She doesnt OWN any role she does. Still today she is considered No. 1 as she has given couple of hits in a row! Now this is what I call LUCK! Can you name even one young actor in Bollywood today who has come up on his/her own merit, and not because he is a STAR SON, or has a GODFATHER? Imran Khan, Ranbir Kapoor, Neil Nitin Mukesh, Deepika Padukone, Katrina Kaif (Salman's contacts), Harman Baweja, Sonam Kapoor....thats all I can think of now....is there even one ACTOR who was able to come up purely based on talent? This is just what I fear for MR!

But still we cannot blame those who possess great luck.

But in MR's case, if he prefers to be choosy I would say more than luck he is justified to do so purely because of his EXTRAORDINARY TALENT & CALIBRE in the field. I would use the word EXTRAORDINARY for MR, as I have personally not seen any TV actor do such justice to his role and character the way I have seen MR doing Clap! If he is successful today, I would label it purely for the excellence with which he performs his roles (be it Love Story or LTL). He breathes life into the character, he OWNS them. And I personally dont think there is any TV actor who can replace MR as Dutta.

And I wouldnt say even if he quit LTL, that is because he can AFFORD to sit at home as he has the option of living on his parent's wealth....I personally dont agree to that. Even if he is not acting, he has another option of his OWN business - Party Hard Drivers, which is doing really well now. Infact he was even nominated for some young entrepreneur award for the same. Now this had nothing to do with his parents. It was his own brain and money. So even if he is not working, am sure the monthly earnings of this business would be more than enough for him to sustain himself. But if this was not the case and if he was living on his parents money, then ya, even I would have lost respect for him. So ya, in this way, he can afford to be choosy Smile.

And again, even I consider myself to be lucky as my dad has his own business and I work with him Smile. But I dont think people like us should be blamed for the same, just because there are many out there who are struggling to get a decent job. I am really thankful to God for the same. Even in my friends group there have been many who have been sarcastic and mean to me for this reason, which has hurt me a lot! They have done that to me just cos they had to struggle a lot in life, but still I dont think they were justified in being mean to me for a reason like this which is not my fault Ouch.

Okay, I tried to make my last response Sia's.  But, have your read your own statement here?  The point of my post was to talk about the limits on what we can and can't say on IF, and you are talking about my holding things against Mishal because he was born into a rich family and, as a result, I'm being mean to you?  This is utterly insane.

I am incredulous!  Of all the things you and crystal29 take issue with is the statement I made about Mishal?  That is NOT the point of this post.  If you don't like discussions around personal lives, then why are you talking about Mishal's $ and your own family???  Please do not personalize it!  My comment about many (I think you overlooked that) well-off sons is absolutely true.  But there are exceptions.  

And trust me, I don't hold it against you, or Mishal, or anybody else for that matter.  You are born as you are born.  And if I did hold it against you, then I'd be holding it against my own.

mussy.jamshed IF-Dazzler
mussy.jamshed
mussy.jamshed

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 2:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by gp00

Originally posted by mussy.jamshed

I hope you're fine GP, I guess LTL DTs are not unfair, rules are same for all. I still remember how I was warned to give comments on an actor's personal life and I respect DT's for it. Had we been in there place, we would have gone mad and wrong. If they allow everyone to bash actors openly in the forum n pick on their personal lives, it will be an open warfare in the forum. As civilized people we must abide by the rules in the forum. We always liked your post and gave good comments on yr page. But today I am not ok with your post.

We are no one to judge how hard MR/MV worked to reach this place. .

With due respect if you are so anti-LTL these days, why did you spare so much time in writing this long post. If  something is making you stressed, you could have discussed with DT personally via PM until you were fully satisfied with their answer. We have got extremely supportive and friendly Dev Team.

This is so not done Parul . Please don't take me wrong...Ouch
Hey Mussy,
No offense taken.  It's okay -- I too like some thing and not others.  And that's good.  The world will keep going round.

I am not anti-LTL, I am an ex-viewer.  I brought this topic up to raise an issue that I think is important.  I and others on this forum got our warnings for such absurd things.  So who decides what is bashing vs. jokes?  Did you think my TeleBirdie interviews were bashing or added to negativity on the forum or were they what they were intended to be--silly and fun? 

I am generally not a person stressed about a TV serial, particularly a bad one nowadays.  There are too many important things in my life that are more real and stress-worthy.LOL

BTW, I have raised this issue on several occasions with DT via PM, particularly after being reprimandedLOL, and that has not changed anything.

Look, LTL is a show.  Mishal is not God.  Dutta is not God.  And I make it a point of saying whatever I want, whenever I want.

Parul, can you please try to understand us. We so much love you, can't we agree here..Critical appraisal and analysis of the show & its characters are more than welcome, but insinuations and comments about MV/MR's personal life, choices and orientation are NOT...,"Ouch

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Fatima82gp00sub_rosaskavitha08--Sia--

Pyari_Zahra IF-Rockerz
Pyari_Zahra
Pyari_Zahra

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 2:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nightoffullmoon

Apart from the "rants" of an ex-viewer Wink, I think the purpose of this Open Letter--Freedom of Expression--is servedSmile.

I am loving this outpour. 

Funny though, how we all agree that we should not get personal or dig in to or comment on the personal lives of the actors, but if you look at what is posted, and the discussion threads, a great majority of them talk about Mahi and Mishal as persons, not as characters, or interchangeably.

Most of us read, respond to tidbits on personal lives. But when we hear what we do not want to hear, we say it is off limits.

We read and post silly, cliche-ridden, gossipy stuff from different sources, but censure personal opinion.

What we lack as a society is the ability to debate and accept different points of view, even those that are politically incorrect.

To quote Voltaire: "I may detest what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

If we could defend Nakku for questioning (more like berating) Bappa, we can certainly tolerate the views expressed by an ex-viewer Wink, without getting offended or being offensive, or defensive in our counter arguments.

Voltaire Zindabad! 

@ Bold: There is a HUGE difference between talking casually about their personal lives (i.e., their interests, etc) and going to the point of making assumptions about their character!! When comments begin to sound harsh, that's when the true meaning of 'getting personal' comes into play!!

I shall be back to post a proper comment to this thread soon Big smile x

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

merunCrystal29gp00sub_rosaskavitha08bfunofbb123*dewdrop~pearl*ImmaculateDream--Sia--khushixMrsKhan

Crystal29 Goldie
Crystal29
Crystal29

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 2:25pm | IP Logged
Edited out...

Never Mind!Smile

Edited by crystal_29 - 18 January 2011 at 2:26pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ImmaculateDream

Go to top