Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

49erFan thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Tannu, I don't think anything will happen to baby, they just want audience to come back for high voltage drama, the suspense factor!

If they kill baby now, show is killed even GC's blog for love won't be enough to save the show!  Mark my words on this one!

When I read his blog, I knew it was a marketing ploy!   I so fricken knew it!😑😑
hegdemedha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Obviously, the baby is not going anywhere.

In any event, Geet's condition is not so serious that she had to be hospitalised.  So, this is not an *emergency*.  So, Geet is the person from whom the doctor needs to take consent for the medical termination of pregnancy ... MSK can't consent for her!!
Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Arpitha, even I'm sick and tired of this, using the baby as a weapon to advance the story. Geet managed to survive a choking attempt, a shoving attempt and a burning attempt to give a long bhashan to her brother and now suddenly the baby has to be gotten rid off so that her life can be saved.  What rubbish.  Why use the same excuse repeatedly?

I wish the doctor had said that because Geet has been through so much stress, she will not be up for con.  So Maan avoids it in their SR without telling Geet that it was as advised by the doc as he did not want her feel bad about depriving him of marital bliss.  Geet on the other hand thinks that Maan does not find her body attractive enough to really make love and gets hurt but does not really voice it.  In the tension filled atmosphere comes Sam and the confusions surrounding her.

Having gotten that off my chest, here is my take on the highlight of the episode.

I loved Geet's dialogues. She made several important points which I'll try to cover below.

She said why can she not marry again when the society Brij belongs to allows men to do so. Although it is strictly not comparable because her first marriage was never valid and she is indeed getting married for the first time, she still drove the knife where it would hurt for she questioned the double standards of society.  What is good for the gander should also be be good for the goose, shouldn't it?

She said she is proud to be a mother, to be able to bring a life into this world. She does not feel ashamed to admit to the world her motherhood status.  Another important point to a society which readily blames an unmarried woman who has the misfortune to get pregnant but the guilty father is never questioned. What's more? The child is considered illegitimate as though it is its fault to come into existence.  If anything, it is the parents who are illegitimate, not the child.

She said that her child has a father who will give it all that it needs and named Maan. It is the first time she is proclaiming to the world that Maan would be the father of her child although it is already understood because all those assembled already knew she was pregnant with Dev's child.  This should set Maan's mind to rest since he felt that he would not make a good father, especially after the sauna incident when he chose her over the baby.  The message to the society is that a man other than the biological father can also make a good parent, if not a better parent, than the one who dupes his so called wife and runs off with her money. 

When she is accused of leaving her family she admits it saying that she chose to be independent and make a life for herself. She has the right to make her choices and follow her heart.  Most women suffer in silence the injustice meted to them because of the sense of duty towards their children. Her call is to those women who are unable or unwilling to break their shackles and live their lives on their terms, to do so.

She speaks against domestic violence. She speaks against narrow minded people who think women are puppets to be treated worse than animals or slaves, locked up in rooms, beaten up, threatened to be killed, all because they decided to speak up against the archaic rules and false family honour.

In all this she did not fail to acknowledge the contribution of her saviour, her mentor and her would-be life partner. If it had not been for Maan she would not have been alive both in the physical and figurative sense. She proudly announced to the world that she has her Ma(a)n with her and she wants nothing else. Nothing or nobody can come between them for they started their relationship on the basis of truth. Today she is reaping the rich rewards what she sowed by way of truth when she told her man that she was pregnant before she admitted her love for him.  The lesson is any relationship based on truth and honesty need not fear of dangers from outside forces.

Geet is an ambassador for all those women who  have been wronged but are too weak to protest. She is the beacon of hope for the several nameless, faceless women who are resigned to their fate.  She is the breath of life for those women leading a lifeless existence, thanks to a warped society which is still highly parochial. She is the pride of all mothers who aspire to give the child the best in life, depending only on their own self confidence and will to survive. When she left HP she did not know that she will meet and get Maan's support. She left not knowing the future and yet willing to risk it all for her baby. The baby has now become even more indispensable than before.  Hope the CVs remember this right up to the very end.

Edited by Opti - 13 years ago
maansa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
@geets....yeah i was talking about the blog part..... 🀣🀣🀣
panchjun5 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
@Geets...Even if the baby is unharmed ...why do they have to use the same old crap again and again...I think everybody knows that the baby will be safe but why so much of drama....again and again over the same issue...that's what is...😑 and πŸ˜”...

@Swan well said...I agree with u completely
Soapoperasrfun thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
1 lakh ke kuch kam note lage, right? Yaha pe bhi dhoka?🀣🀣🀣🀣
Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Jyo, even if the baby is going nowhere, I hate they bring up this issue again and again and that too at such frequent intervals.
swan20 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Jyo........we all know the baby is going to be alright but why the hell do they have to show the baby being at risk each time there is a crisis....😑....Its really getting too repetitive now. Did they not create enough drama with NT & Brij that they have to resort to this idiotic twist.....πŸ€”....This is just too irritating....😑
palluluvsmaan thumbnail
From tomorrow, I will not reserve even if they show full Maneet SR promoπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† The fight started and just ended in a flash But Geet's dailogues saved the episode.😊

hello folks!πŸ€—
Soapoperasrfun thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Hello CV's,

I take full responsibility on behalf of all your audience. It is our fault. We thought of you guys are being extra creative when you were mere K-ekta-mayi type mortals too. 

We are sorry for our great expectations. You carry on with the crap you are showing. Hope you will get your TRP's. Good luck.

🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣