Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 13 years ago
I will analyze the episode keeping the following out of my way
  • Wedding is being dragged beyond my patience. πŸ˜‘
  • Arjun-Annie Scene πŸ˜‘ (I guess they could shoot only so many scenes with Maan and Geet given that these wedding scenes would take more time in shooting. So, we have to tolerate Annie-Arjun)
  • Precap πŸ˜• - Really? Baby Card again? So soon? But I looked at Jyo's explanation. So, it may not be that bad. Will reserve the judgement until tomorrow.
Now, with all that out of the way, the episode was good.

• Geet used common sense even when so close to death. Hit Brj with something (bangle box?), picked back the bluetooth and ran away shouting Maan's name. πŸ‘πŸΌ We love our strong heroine. By the way, it would be nice to see Maan teach her some self-defense techniques. But I guess we can't expect that in the serial. πŸ˜­ I had really loved the movie Dushman (Sanjay Dutt - Kajol). Will Geet do another first on Indian Telly?
  • The smile on Geet's face, when she sees that Maan has come for her again! πŸ˜ That smile seemed to pour her heart out and it was really good.
  • Maan' fury was evident in the fight. Well executed sequence. πŸ‘πŸΌ
  • Maan had totally lost his control, especially when Brij starts bad-mouthing his Geet. As usual, only Geet's voice could control him.
  • Geet giving it back to Brij was a treat to watch and listen! 😊 Simple dialogs suited her character. Still they showed the mirror to Brij. Her publicly acknowledging Maan's role in making her strong πŸ‘πŸΌ. Some may find the dialog about Maan giving her the right to live problematic. But I am fine with it. The words may not be accurate, but to me the dialog meant that he taught her how to live her life on her own terms. And this had nothing to do with their love-story or him accepting her. He had started teaching right from the moment he had left her stranded on the road after saving her from drowning saying something like "jab tak tum dar-dar kar jeena nahin chhodti, tumhari zindagi mein kuchh nahin badlega." I really liked her acknowledgement of Maan's importance in her life in simple and no uncertain terms. Also her confident statement of nothing ever coming between them was a relief. For Maan as well as us I guess. πŸ˜ŠOtherwise, she always appeared scared and uncertain of the future of their relationship.
  • Also liked how Maneet were holding hands when Geet was telling Brij off. Once again, he let her fight her battle, but was there to support her. Also, the look of slight surprise and satisfaction, every time she mentioned his name was very nice. πŸ˜³ He was clearly proud of her.
  • Finally, really liked how they showed Dadi smiling with pride when Geet was talking about her motherhood and how she is proud of it.
That's it. Looks like the wedding is not going to be over even tomorrow. Precap better not be what it looks like. πŸ˜‘

With this baby's life threat coming up so often now, I want to say something on that. There was a chance with the CVs to make a sensitive story out of Geet's pregnancy and the danger to the baby. She is pregnant at eighteen! Clearly, she is too young to be a mother. To top that she has gone through so much of physical and mental stress. In real life an abortion would have happened long back, even to an older woman. But with the cinematic liberty, let's say you did not show an abortion. But you could have shown some pregnancy related complications early on in the story. Young age pregnancy, as an issue, could have been explored. But at that time you took the cinematic liberty of practically forgetting that Geet was an eighteen year old girl and was pregnant. So, after being fed with that for all these months, we viewers have also suspended our belief on that issue. Please don't play pregnancy and mother's health card now. Please continue with your cinematic liberty. If you try to reverse the joke you made of pregnancy early on, it will be another joke and there is only so much of joke we can take on an issue as emotional and sensitive as motherhood.

Thank you!

And yes, can we get done with the wedding please. πŸ˜‘
Edited by sharmishtha01 - 13 years ago
AnjanaYYZ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Labzon ki Jaal!
Wordplay!  Nothing like it.  As a lawyer and a writer I am in awe of it.  Barry Dhillon has woven an intricate net with his words.  A net that can catch and CONfound the discerning viewer.  The ones FFing the dialogues will not see the knots.  But, the Maan will be caught.  Will he do simple math?  Risk Geet's wrath?  Is there a safe path?  Or do the all have a Catch? 
+He promised to choose the baby over Geet
- He promised to once again be selfish MSK
+She said she was proud to be her baby's mother
- She said between them there could be no daarar
- For him, she is ehem + For her, baby is ehem
= Watever happens, don't expect any "ehem ehem"🀣🀣

Shabdo ki Chaal
 Listen carefully to the words of the Player.  OMG -the rich layers there.  He is baiting a trap.  Shabdo ki Chaal.  He is even telling her what is his game.  But, she is a dumb dame - in love she is not recognizing that she is the "game".  But, in the prey will the predator be caught?   Will Arjn get lost in Anwesha ki gal ya bal?  Will her innocence ultimately leave him behaal?  Depends are we watching Baazigar ya Kuch Aur!
Edited by AnjanaYYZ - 13 years ago
taqdir thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Dear friends and fellow devils,

I was not shocked today with the precap because same threats over and over again is no longer scary but irritating. Besides, we knew it didnt we what the geet team wanted to do with the baby, we protested and so far our love kept the baby alive and lets see what happens in the future.

about today here goes my pointers:

1. Action was good, maan has every right to hit brij like anything and he did it well.πŸ‘

2. acting was good; everyone today rocked!πŸ‘

3. Execution was very good πŸ‘

4. Dialouges were not what it was supposed to be. I mean whatever geet told brij for his information was perfect but whatever she said about maan could have been better. My special objection is the dialogue where she says that maan gave her the right to live her life according to her choice. Maan is a man and not god so he cant give anyone any rights as such. But he can always be the driving force behind her courage which actually he was. Living our own life in our own way is our birth right. When somebody is deprived of that and someone else helps regain it, we call him our angel not god! Anyways, dialogues are pretty much drowning these days and today is no exception.

Overall nice!

Edited by taqdir - 13 years ago
maansa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
TUMHARE PAAS KYA HAI????

Geet: Mere paas MAan hai
🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣
🀣🀣🀣 

Geet is the best heroine ever!
what dialogues!!! perfect!!! GO geet!!! πŸ‘πŸ‘
BriMaan fight was great!!!!! πŸ‘πŸΌ
loved the first part πŸ‘

ps...not the NES part though🀒

p.p.s. I HOPE NOTHING HAPPENS TO THE BABY! 😳 😳 😳
otherwise you dont wanna know what will occur!πŸ˜‘πŸ˜³πŸ‘ŽπŸΌπŸ˜ˆ
Edited by maansa - 13 years ago
Binge thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posting episodic analysis after long time! But the episode was worth it! ⭐️ πŸ‘πŸΌ

What I liked was they showed how Maan reached on time, unlike the previous mishaps.😊 I'd hope CVs give us screenplay detailing always and dont make him appear a superman with supersonic powers! 

Even if I'm not much of an action(dhishum dhishum here!πŸ˜›) fan, I was cheering BriMaan fight! We need to give it to the CVs for dedicating time for that action sequence! 

Other than that, Geet and her dialogues superb, DD was brilliant!πŸ‘ She's an epitome of woman power and its proved today. Even when she screams out Maan, I could sense that fright in her, on seeing Brij. 

Anjun scenes, I might be in a minority, but me likes Arjun's acting so no issues there. πŸ˜³

Only thing I'd like to see from now is Geet actually  standing up on her own feet without Maan's help. The feminist in me wants to see it. πŸ˜ƒ

The precap leads us to the next track and has as intriguing element so me izz prepared. 

But ppl who are looking forward to the CON, this will be the reason for no expectations! πŸ˜› Wifey is sick and weak, while hubby is in a dilemna over doc's statement. 
Edited by shreya- - 13 years ago
cacoethes thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Brij- Aaj mere paas...Talwar hai...Daarji ki PINK Pagdi hai....Purkhon ki Izzat hai....Tere paas kya hai?

Geet- Mere paas MAA....N hai

🀣ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

did not watch the entire episode coz was watching JDJ so just saw in bits and pieces so cant say much ROFL but still.....GET OVER WITH THE WEDDING ALREADY 😡 like SERIOUSLY....the baby angle could have come after they were Man and Wife....too much of anything is not good πŸ‘ŽπŸΌπŸ₯±
Edited by cacoethes - 13 years ago
Armu4eva thumbnail
Jyo... please.......please... throw some light on this... --> ( i m quite sure baby is not going..but why ruin the flow?? Is it CVs.. everdefeating... Jhatka do.. TRP lo tactic?? If it is... its lost the charm i say..!!)

Why does every epi of Geet.....which is about to be a masterpiece..needs to crash and burn down on its own??

Why is Geet so self destructive..?? In one moment they give us a high of 'Geet kisi ke samne nahi jhukegi' and next moment...'Maan is being forced to bend??' ........ is it important that...like the moon has spots.. Geets every epi has to have a spot??? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY??

I m peeved......😑  ( i luvd the first half..but the precap ruined it...)
panchjun5 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Reserved

Today's episode was simply awesome because of Geet's Monologue to Brij about how women always have to suffer the atrocities heaped upon them by the society and be expected to keep quiet and tolerate in silence. How if a woman raises her voice or tries to be independent she is either beaten up, killed or labeled immoral. She questions the dubious standards of society and also the hypocrisy shown by it in setting different rules for men and women!! A man can get married umpteen number of times, cheat and make merry!! But if a woman even thinks of a second marriage she's labeled as licentious! She dares him to reveal all as she doesn't have anything to hide!! She is proud to be a woman...a woman who has a man who loves her unconditionally... a woman who has a family that accepts her knowing all about her past!! Not like the family that wanted to kill her and her child!! She is proud to be a mother...a mother who has a companion who is a better father than the real one...who will nurture and cherish the child as his own!!! Maan and Geet are two bodies entwined in one soul and who can never be separated!! This is really the coming of age of Geet and also Maan ki Geet!!!  

Why Maan ki Geet ...You might ask....Because he has always been her strength...Be his caustic words in HP or his sarcastic comments in the initial Delhi Office episodes....He has always given her the will to fight back sometimes indirectly and sometimes directly!!! His words have always been at the back of her mind whenever she has made any important decisions in her life....Let me quote some examples to refresh your memories.....

1) First time she answers back to Brij Veerji after she goes missing in the mela...she remembers Maan's words to her that unless she stands up and fights for herself she will have nothing but tears in her life.
2) When she first time realises that Dev has indeed duped her she remembers his words about tears blocking the thinking process.
3) When he saves her from Brij and his Talwar gang...His words to her about fighting injustice and standing up for her rights make her go and get Brij arrested...
4) In Delhi...when she is working in his office and she comes to give her resination...his tunts make her decide to fight back
5) After the Post Kurbaan Hua debacle...when he goes to her house and uses reverse psychology on her and makes her come back to office to fight to clear her name....

And many more such examples....So it isnot wrong on her part when she says that Maan has always helped her and shown her the right path and made her the strong and independent individual that she is....She by herself is very strong but the added push from Maan and his support has made her even stronger. This was the highlight of today's epi...So for this the CVs get a standing ovation from me....πŸ‘

What really keeps me hooked to this show is its non-cliched ways of resolving all situations.....Which female protagonist of any other show would mouth such dialogues in front of the whole world...The courage and bravery shown by this girl is commendabe and needs to be applauded...πŸ‘πŸ‘

As for the rest of the epi....The BriMaan fight was a dud...I'm afraid...It was too one-sided.......Daadi and Maan's pride in Geet...πŸ‘πŸΌ...Daadi giving a piece of her mind to NES...again...πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ...Arjun his grey avatar...and diabolical plotting...πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ....Sone pe Suhaaga will be if NES falls in the pool and goes back to her mothership πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†!!!

So Overall the epi was very good...So CVs, Actors, Crew Members....πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ!!!

Now some Food for Thought

Yesterday when everyone was talking about the Geet being burnt issue...I went and googled Honour Killing and I came up with so many hits...that it was really shocking...

Fathers and Mothers, Brothers and other kin in the name of Family, Pride and Honour Hack their children to death....People dump their own flesh and blood in dustbins and other godforsaken places because its a girl-child....It is really saddening....

And here we have a woman who has stood up for her rights and for her baby's rights and is always struggling to find some moments of peace and happiness...She gets it too in the form of a man who loves her for what she is....and what she has done and overcome....Not all women get such men in their lives but its really heartening for them to see that there is Hope and their fight is Justified!!

Truly Geet is kind of an Icon for such women...I would love it if the CVs took it one step further and made Geet more financially independent and made her stand on her own two feet...of course Maan can guide her...but the true fight has to be fought by her and she shud win...Further they can show Geet working with women who have suffered the same way and helping them out...This can be shown parallel to the drama and TRP-drawing tracks....That wud be really inspiring!!

P.S: See I have not commented on the Precap...because I dunnow what's gonna come next ...so why worry when there's no need to..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†Edited by panchjun5 - 13 years ago
zarmyna thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 5

Phinally the Ultimate BriMaan Phace off!

- Cant say much about the episode. MSK's anger and fight was quite normalπŸ˜†, liked it and even the dialogues were normal, nothing too dense.

- Geet's dialogues finally reflected the theme of the serial, 'women empowerment'.

- Are the pheraas ever happening?πŸ˜•

- I know a month is quite long in the telly world, but how long is their day?πŸ₯±

- Poor baby again waitng for his acceptance!

- the baby thing is closing of the kasam loop. the kasam that MSK took with Geet on sangeet. After continous begging of closing loops, the CVs finally listened but acted at the wrong time. they should have let the wedding happen and then they could have put MSK in that dilemma of choosing between Geet n Baby

@Arwen... because of the links on ur tag line i am now watching back episodes again😑.

Edited by zarmyna - 13 years ago