Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Anushka buys her first expensive bag (Page 3)

youknowme Goldie
youknowme
youknowme

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 11:01pm | IP Logged
Aww, I like this girl. She's not pretending to be some spoiled, born to the purple princess but acting like someone who actually KNOWS what money is worth in the world today.
Her call center reasoning may be a bit---well---odd, but her heart sounds in the right place.
Flaunting a bag that costs an amount that could feed and house a family for a year isn't something that a mature, kind adult should do without recognizing both her extreme good fortune as well as of the effect her image might have on people who look up to her as someone in the public eye. She realizes that her good luck isn't shared by everyone and is aware and thoughtful of people from backgrounds other than her own.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

SM28Salma2ElusiveDevotioneraser

perfectlyflawed IF-Sizzlerz
perfectlyflawed
perfectlyflawed

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 11:10pm | IP Logged
For me she acted good in BBB n was crap in earlier movies , as of now she can act but when it cums to interviews , she tries too hardTongue

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Meena1

pooja_l IF-Rockerz
pooja_l
pooja_l

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 11:12pm | IP Logged
i work to pay my bills but then most of all to be independent as soon as possible, so its not a bag or clothes that attracts me, it differs from person to person why they want to work
ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 11:25pm | IP Logged
She is sounding insecure more than anything, earlier also she made a similar comment about celebs showing of their designer clothes or something! She is being too judgemenal on fellow chicks..everyone is different.. every one has diff tastes, desires,.. diff things excite diff people.. there is nothing wrong in enjoying the rich pleasures of society... every one strives for the best.. so why can't young girls buy designer bags.. and whats wrong with working part time.. to get what you want?? If people can buy their own things.. with their hard work.. then there is nothing wrong with that... i am disappointed with her words.. i expected better!!...

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

cinema-goermelancholiceraser-Sakina-perfectlyflawedsinamika

Salma2 IF-Dazzler
Salma2
Salma2

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 4:23am | IP Logged

To me, it is just another proof of poor writing skills.

What she wants to convey is, actresses should not promote some heavy stuffs, because youngsters are ready to follow them, then they tried to bother parents and if their parents can't afford them, they simply pressure them and ask permission to do part time jobs for the sake of material stuffs even when they are not capable for afford these stuffs.

Then buying a bag for her, she made it very sweet, this is her first time she was in to a big shop and even though she had money, she thought a lot than buying it because it's expensive.

The main idea it conveys to me was, People should not get addicted to expensive stuffs as a trend if they can't afford themConfused

Isn't it, that conveysConfused  why do we act like shiv sena and twist the wordsConfused where did she say, call center girls are cheap?Confused

Edited by Salma2 - 19 January 2011 at 4:25am

Meena1

bollygossipgirl Senior Member
bollygossipgirl
bollygossipgirl

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 5:18am | IP Logged
I dont think its fair to state that girls who want to buy expensive bags and thus go and work in call centres is all down to actresses flaunting them. Young girls can be influenced through different mediums ie magazines, blogs, internet, tv shows, their own friends etc.

Also i dont see anything wrong in working hard in an acceptable environment for something you want. Its a call centre, not like their dealing drugs. As for the issue around whether young girls should or should not be buying expensive items - its up to the individual, who are we to criticise someone elses spending habits?

It's not like Anushka has never worn expensive or designer items before, so why make this statement now? What about her wearing versace, manish malhotra, dior, cavalli etc

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

cinema-goermelancholicladygaga

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 11:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Salma2

To me, it is just another proof of poor writing skills.

What she wants to convey is, actresses should not promote some heavy stuffs, because youngsters are ready to follow them, then they tried to bother parents and if their parents can't afford them, they simply pressure them and ask permission to do part time jobs for the sake of material stuffs even when they are not capable for afford these stuffs.

Then buying a bag for her, she made it very sweet, this is her first time she was in to a big shop and even though she had money, she thought a lot than buying it because it's expensive.

The main idea it conveys to me was, People should not get addicted to expensive stuffs as a trend if they can't afford themConfused

Isn't it, that conveysConfused  why do we act like shiv sena and twist the wordsConfused where did she say, call center girls are cheap?Confused

LOL its not poor writing.. but its poor choice of words on Anushka's part, its very clear she doesn't respect independent people... she herself only has that much education that she will only get a job in call center.. just coz she got lucky and entered in modelling and then bolly.. doesn't mean everyone can get lucky like her.. some people have to work part time to afford stuff.. so why mock other's lifestyle.. and be disrespectful to others. Or should I say she got luck?? Some people would say that even a call center is a safer enviorment to work in compared to our film industry.. filled with filthy pigs..

Edited by ladygaga - 19 January 2011 at 11:25pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

cinema-goermelancholic

cinema-goer Goldie
cinema-goer
cinema-goer

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 11:58pm | IP Logged
She sounds buying designer stuff is sin or something. Anything be it bags.dresses or shoes or anything is a visual art.and there is creativity be it a designer label or a chowrasta wali stuff.Whats wrong in liking clothes or bags is beyond my tiny part of my brain.Who is she to give Bhashan on what aam junta should buy or not buy /what we can afford or not afford.Please buy your damn bag and save us the speach.

melancholic

Go to top