Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Undeserving people get awards: Kareena (Page 36)

Dastaan23 Goldie

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 5:08pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

eraser.khoobsurat.

smarie IF-Rockerz

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 5:08pm | IP Logged

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Nuktaacheeneraser.khoobsurat.

smarie IF-Rockerz

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 5:10pm | IP Logged

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nuktaacheen

starstruckk IF-Sizzlerz
starstruckk
starstruckk

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 5:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by desigal90

Originally posted by starstuck

Originally posted by desigal90

NO its the opposite, when her filsm werent doing great, she wasnt getting the big banners offered to her, so she chose from smaller budget films that had challenging roles.
I think that may be the reason why she's so starved for those big banners now. Coz in her 10 years, she always wanted to work in those flahsy big banner films with the Khans and Kumars and whatnot.

She doesnt realize that today, an actress is more than capable of trying something newa nd the audience accepting it.

jeez, what's with the caps? easy there..LOL

She was offered Kal Ho Na Ho way  early in her career with not one, but two Khans - one being SRK..also, had Karan Johar producing it.- made KKHH and K3G.. offered to her around 2002-2003ish when she was fairly new..yet she turned that film down. So no, if she was offered KHNH, which is a big banner, with a good starcast...I'm sure she was offered stuff from other big banners as well and who knows maybe she turned them down?...if not, well then KHNH was enough for her back then but she opted out for that....that role went to Preity and it's probably the best role Preity as ever done, and KHNH was a huge commercial success by the way.

I don't read much into Kareena's interviews, definitely not as much as Kareena fans but if I had to think this out logically....I'd say she'd probably go for more commercial films now over challenging roles is because she probably feels she has a secure place in bollywood and has room to attempt anything..whereas before, when she wasn't doing so well she didn't have much room for that and probably just wanted to prove her worth as an actress.
Which caps? The NO was a typo, lol
Well yeah, it was after the KHNH fiasco that the big banners finished for her. She was ousted from srk and johar's camp. hrithik and abhishek didnt wanan work with her. Who was left? Akki wasnt that big back then.
After the KHNH fiasco is when she attempted adn did all those differnet iflms liek chameli, omkara, yuva, dev.
And even KHNH she refused for greedy reasons...and overconfidence. She threw a tantrum becuase of the money offered to her. That backfired, coz johar held his ground,a dn instead went for preity.
Dont look for logic iW*H kareena. It doesnt work. She did htose films back then, coz she had no choice.
Today she does, and she chooses the bigger projects.

@ bold: That's why I just used my own logic. LOL

anyways, I think what we're discussing is kind of pointless because I may not be a Kareena fan but I do think she's a good actress especially out of the current lot, so she can do whatever she wants as long as it makes sense to me, I'll appreciate it. lol  (but yeah, I think she just needs to think twice before she says certain things LOL)

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Nuktaacheensmarie.khoobsurat.Meena1desigal90

smarie IF-Rockerz

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 5:13pm | IP Logged

smarie IF-Rockerz

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 5:14pm | IP Logged

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.khoobsurat.

.khoobsurat. IF-Sizzlerz
.khoobsurat.
.khoobsurat.

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 5:14pm | IP Logged
Actually refusing KHNH kind did a good thing for her. Yes the film was a hit. But if she did KHNH, we might have not seen her in Omkara and Dev and Chameli. These are the films that proved Kareena was a brilliant actress. So it all worked out at the end. Chameli was more of a challenging role than KHNH!

Nuktaacheeneraserstarstruckk

-Mmmmm- IF-Veteran Member
-Mmmmm-
-Mmmmm-

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 5:16pm | IP Logged
Hits and BO returns matter... That is exactly why Kareena is doing the commercially viable films....

Okay we sit and complain that Kareena is not signing Heroine...etc...Even I complain... that she is only signing the commercial ones...yes.. even I like her to do more movies which can use her talent....but unfortunately in todays Bollywood just the talent is not enough....

end of the day what matters... BO hits... the money... the business it made... the hit status... the BlockBuster status...

Okay... Dev, Chameli, Omkara... got her the critical acclaim... the praises...

but G3, 3I etc... is what got her the status of only actress in the 100 cr bracket....That is what keeps her in top....

I personally feel she has had a good balance and will be remembered as a good actress of our times...

Edited by -Maddy- - 19 January 2011 at 5:22pm

Nuktaacheensmarie.khoobsurat.

Go to top