Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Undeserving people get awards: Kareena (Page 34)

starstruckk IF-Sizzlerz
starstruckk
starstruckk

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 4:08pm | IP Logged
I agree that awards do look like a joke these days, but I think a lot of people are going overboard now by coming out with such statements every other day. Fine, some categories are really OTT, and way too much but there are a lot of people who do receive awards because they do deserve them. Kareena's just being hypocritical here....She has received quite a few awards ever since she started her career and she has been to almost all of those award show functions from what I've seen (maybe missed a few here and there)...and to say such stuff a year where she may just receive nothing (she shouldn't, but who knows)...just seems messed up. Either she should have said all of this without any double standards, or she could have chosen to remain quiet because it just looks bad coming from her.

Edited by starstuck - 19 January 2011 at 4:08pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Nuktaacheen-Anjaani-KataliciousDexterkichokri

starstruckk IF-Sizzlerz
starstruckk
starstruckk

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 4:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lensahunte08

It's good to have a balance. Not just do challenging roles and not just do glam roles. Versatility is important. Apart from recent times, kareena has been always balancing her career with challenging roles and so called glam roles.

Of course, but to say Kareena isn't opting for challenging roles and is rather going for big projects doesn't make sense to me.. because what if for now, she's only receiving big projects with glam roles (if that's what desigirl meant)? Which also brings up another point which I mentioned before.. I doubt every actor/actress goes for challenging roles because they're trying to fetch an award.

Edited by starstuck - 19 January 2011 at 4:14pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Anjaani-

smarie IF-Rockerz

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 4:14pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

LEO88Nuktaacheensheee.khoobsurat.desigal90

desigal90 IF-Stunnerz
desigal90
desigal90

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 4:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by starstuck

Originally posted by desigal90

haha, I love how this discussion is flowing without any hickups! Yayyy

I ahve to say, the only thing that is consistant with Bebo's statement about not caring for awards...is her choice of roles.

I mean not even out of greed for awards is she opting for the challenging roles that will fetch her awards. Instead, she's just doing the big projects.

I'm flipping on either side on this stance. No doubt, bebo bacha made a stupid statement (once again), but then, was it as stupid as I think it was? I mean, she didnt say she's not gonan attend awards, her whole focus was on, a general statement,t hat if you attend awards you win. very naive coz the same applies to her. Maybe she's not denying it. coz later she said, I was invited, but declined. Meaning, she woudl ahve won had she attended?

How are you so sure that Kareena gets offered challenging roles all the time? What if she's only being offered roles that aren't so challenging for the future? and I think you're kind of degrading actors/actresses here who do take up challenging roles. I doubt all of them consider such roles with awards in minds....I'm sure a lot of them just wanna take up stuff that's something different/which proves their worth as actors/actresses. In fact, if I was an actress I would consider challenging roles over big projects, that may not even make any sense, regardless of any awards to at least prove my worth as an artist....given, I get offered those challenging roles in the first place.....

First of all, did I SAY other actors take challenging roles for awards? I said, SPECIFICALLY for Kareena, that you'd think that the greed of awards might get to sign challenging roles.

And yes, I know for a fact a bunch fo challenging roles that came her way that she let go

No One Killed Jessica - Vidya's role
Sudhir Mishra's Dhruv - politician
Madhur Bhandarkar's Heroine
She turned down Fashion and Kaminey as well (date reasons, or whatever).

These are just the recent ones. In the past she's also turned down Page 3.

Edited by desigal90 - 19 January 2011 at 4:46pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

smariesheee

starstruckk IF-Sizzlerz
starstruckk
starstruckk

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 4:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by smartie_pants

^^i think ur misinterpreting desu's comment....kareena refused dhruv and some other movies which had a more "performance oriented role" because of golmaal 3 and ra.one....so yes...she does get offered challenging roles...but she dosent take them up..

and i dunt think desu was degrading other actresses at all...she didnt imply that other actors do challenging roles for awards...she is saying that kareena is the kind of person who does......if u read/watch kareena's interviews...u'd know that fame and recognition seem to matter way more to kareena, than creative satisfaction....her priorities seem to be different.

@ bold: I haven't read that bit on her taking up Golmaal/Ra.One over the other performance oriented roles...but all I know is that I think Kareena did more performance oriented roles when she actually was not in the rat race. I don't know if her perception just changed once she became a top actress? Ermm
---------------------
Originally posted by smartie_pants

and hence...desu was just stating that atleast for the sake of winning awards, she should do challanging roles,because her motivation to do difficult roles is apparently overriden by her greed for box office success...

@ bold: did the golmaal 3 nomination bring about that change? lol she probably realized that hey, I can do a brainless movie which is likely to be a superhit and who knows, I may just get nominated for that too from now on? lol ..so might as well go for box office success now..

So, when her films weren't doing so great, she wasn't greedy for box office success and was more focused on just doing substantial roles regardless?  ..because as I said, I feel she had more performance oriented films prior to her becoming a part of the rat race & I doubt she was taking up such performances for the sake of winning an award especially because she wasn't winning much back then.

desigal90 IF-Stunnerz
desigal90
desigal90

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 4:52pm | IP Logged
NO its the opposite, when her filsm werent doing great, she wasnt getting the big banners offered to her, so she chose from smaller budget films that had challenging roles.
I think that may be the reason why she's so starved for those big banners now. Coz in her 10 years, she always wanted to work in those flahsy big banner films with the Khans and Kumars and whatnot.

She doesnt realize that today, an actress is more than capable of trying something newa nd the audience accepting it.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

smariesheee

.khoobsurat. IF-Sizzlerz
.khoobsurat.
.khoobsurat.

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 4:53pm | IP Logged
She won awards early in her career. Chameli and Dev and Omkara. All these films got her an award. And Kareena always wanted hits. WHo doesn't? Every celeb wants their film to work in the box office!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sheee

smarie IF-Rockerz

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 4:58pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Nuktaacheensheeeeraser.khoobsurat.desigal90

Go to top