Users

Frequent Posters

U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago
kurbaan was one of kareena's worst performances πŸ˜• 
^^well i disagree but ur entitled to ur POV

the films i mentioned above fetched her quite a few awards in those years, when she faced competition from kajol, rani et all..so i dont think her standards are as low as u said..but then again  thts just my perception and ur welcome to disagree..
Edited by smartie_pants - 13 years ago
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Kareena's standards?
The girl may have had low standards when it was year 2002, but she is an outstanding actress. this fact is recognized quite universally within the industry as well. The way sudhir mishra and imtiaz ali speak of her is proof enough.

Even her debut was so unconventional, and she nailed it. Refugee
desigal90 thumbnail
If you think Kurbaan was one of her worst, there's no way we're gonna agree.

Kurbaan was a super powerpacked performance. Everyoen from critics to audiences agreed that she overshadowed even Saif in the film. And Saif is perfection when he does those kinda cold characters.
U-No-Poo thumbnail

Originally posted by: smartie_pants

^^well i disagree but ur entitled to ur POV

the films i mentioned above fetched her quite a few awards in those years, when she faced competition from kajol, rani et all..so i dont think her standards are as low as u said..but then again  thts just my perception and ur welcome to disagree..

I thought we mutually agreed that the awards are a sham πŸ˜†
U-No-Poo thumbnail
@desigal90 - I don't form my opinion based on what the critics or audience or award functions say. I just said what I felt about her as an actress and it's just my opinion. 
^^well awards, critical acclaim, industry opinions...they all come together...most of her contemporaries and seniors rate her highly as an actor...so yes i do think her standard is quite high......but we seem to be on different ends of a spectrum here so therz no point in trying to convince each other...

we'll agree to disagree...i like kareena as an actor and you dont...and thts fine😊
Edited by smartie_pants - 13 years ago
49 pages. Everything ok? I really don't want to read 20 pages lol. I'm such a bad DT
desigal90 thumbnail
Well then I guess that's your opinion, and you are certianly entitled to it.
The reason I brought in contemporaries, reviews, public and Smarie brought in awards is coz how else is one supposed to measure excellence in cinema as objectively as possible? Especially if someone says that so and so's standards are quite low. So that's why. A counter argument, if you will.
Edited by desigal90 - 13 years ago
U-No-Poo thumbnail

Originally posted by: smartie_pants

^^well awards, critical acclaim, industry opinions...they all come together...most of her contemporaries and seniors rate her highly as an actor...so yes i do think her standard is quite high......but we seem to be on different ends of a spectrum here so therz no point in trying to convince each other...

we'll agree to disagree...

coolio πŸ˜ƒ