Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
NO its the opposite, when her filsm werent doing great, she wasnt getting the big banners offered to her, so she chose from smaller budget films that had challenging roles.
I think that may be the reason why she's so starved for those big banners now. Coz in her 10 years, she always wanted to work in those flahsy big banner films with the Khans and Kumars and whatnot.

She doesnt realize that today, an actress is more than capable of trying something newa nd the audience accepting it.
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
She won awards early in her career. Chameli and Dev and Omkara. All these films got her an award. And Kareena always wanted hits. WHo doesn't? Every celeb wants their film to work in the box office!
lets face it...if therz no superhits..ur talents not gonna be of any use because it wouldn't be recognised....luk at preity, tabu,urmila rani even...they just vanished from the horizon...look at bipasha...shes quite talented but dosent have a single hit to her credit recently...she was more sought after during her dhoom 2 days than when she did lamhaa, pankh, aakrosh etc.....

bottom line: hits matter...sometimes, even more than talent...
Edited by smartie_pants - 13 years ago
Originally posted by: smartie_pants

lets face it...if therz no superhits..ur talents not gonna be of any use because it wouldn't be recognised....luk at preity, tabu,urmila rani even...they just vanished from the horizon...look at bipasha...shes quite talented but dosent have a single hit to her credit recently...she was more sought after during her dhoom 2 days than when she did lamhaa, pankh, aakrosh etc.....

bottom line: hits matter...sometimes, even more than talent...

sometimes? 😆
desigal90 thumbnail
Hits matter, a LOT more than talent.

Example: Katrina Kaif
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Yeah not sometimes hits matter most of the times if not all the time lol
okay....screw talent..hits is all we want...😆
starstruckk thumbnail
Originally posted by: desigal90

NO its the opposite, when her filsm werent doing great, she wasnt getting the big banners offered to her, so she chose from smaller budget films that had challenging roles.

I think that may be the reason why she's so starved for those big banners now. Coz in her 10 years, she always wanted to work in those flahsy big banner films with the Khans and Kumars and whatnot.

She doesnt realize that today, an actress is more than capable of trying something newa nd the audience accepting it.

jeez, what's with the caps? easy there..😆

She was offered Kal Ho Na Ho way  early in her career with not one, but two Khans - one being SRK..also, had Karan Johar producing it.- made KKHH and K3G.. offered to her around 2002-2003ish when she was fairly new..yet she turned that film down. So no, if she was offered KHNH, which is a big banner, with a good starcast...I'm sure she was offered stuff from other big banners as well and who knows maybe she turned them down?...if not, well then KHNH was enough for her back then but she opted out for that....that role went to Preity and it's probably the best role Preity as ever done, and KHNH was a huge commercial success by the way.

I don't read much into Kareena's interviews, definitely not as much as Kareena fans but if I had to think this out logically....I'd say she'd probably go for more commercial films now over challenging roles is because she probably feels she has a secure place in bollywood and has room to attempt anything..whereas before, when she wasn't doing so well she didn't have much room for that and probably just wanted to prove her worth as an actress.
desigal90 thumbnail
LOL!
SMARIE! WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR USERNAME!?!? NO NO GO BACK! GO BACK!
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Originally posted by: smartie_pants

okay....screw talent..hits is all we want...😆

😆