Debate Mansion

ICC World Cup 2011 (Page 55)

Post Reply New Post

Page 55 of 56

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 04 April 2011 at 8:32pm | IP Logged

So the Pakistan team was rattled by warnings of match fixing by their own Minister, before the important game.
Match fixing will be a big problem esp if bettings are legalized in India.

"Pakistan one-day captain Shahid Afridi is still miffed with Interior Minister Rehman Milk for his comments on match-fixing two days before the World Cup semifinal against India and has said the statement was a mistake which should not be repeated.

Afridi criticised Malik after returning to Pakistan with the rest of the team after the 29-run loss to India in the semifinals."

Edited by Summer3 - 04 April 2011 at 8:32pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "ICC World Cup 2011 (Page 55)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 05 April 2011 at 12:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mcm226

Originally posted by Believe

Indians not as large hearted as Pakistanis: Afridi

ISLAMABAD: Days after winning the hearts of numerous Indian fans with his remarks after his team's loss in the World Cup semifinal, Pakistan cricket captain Shahid Afridi has said Indians are not as large-hearted as Pakistanis.
more....

I dont know why He put,these types of comments now!!!ConfusedThumbs Down
just check this videoThumbs DownOuch............

n Sanjya's tweet on Afridi,
Tweets
SANJAY MANJREKAR
SANJAYMANJREKAR SANJAY MANJREKAR
@
@BDUTT..afridi deserves our attention only when he bats and bowls not when he talks

New thoughts from Afridi:

"I have enjoyed my cricket in India and I love Indian people. Don't take my comments negatively. I have always got a lot of love and affection from Indian fans. And I request the media to play a more positive role and not waste time on such trivial issues," he told a TV channel"
more....

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

monar

Indradhanush

Goldie

Indradhanush

Posted: 05 April 2011 at 2:10am | IP Logged

Dhoni to fly in Sukhoi, seen with chief of Indian Air Force, flanked by wife.

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 05 April 2011 at 2:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Indradhanush

Dhoni to fly in Sukhoi, seen with chief of Indian Air Force, flanked by wife.
Nice haircut.

monar

IF-Sizzlerz

monar

Posted: 05 April 2011 at 6:37am | IP Logged
question why are people are so emotional over trophy? trophy or no trophy aren't we champ already? Ermm

-x-Reshu-x-

monar

IF-Sizzlerz

monar

Posted: 05 April 2011 at 6:38am | IP Logged
question# 2 - why is Afridi behaving "Thali Ka Baingan"? Ermm

-PoisonIvy-

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 05 April 2011 at 8:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by monar

question# 2 - why is Afridi behaving "Thali Ka Baingan"? Ermm

Yesterday he said the pak. media is better than the Indian media and the very next day he is calling them "shameful" and he has turned the whole plate around!! ..Well played Afridi Well played Clap@Gambhir's comment he mention in his talks....Gambhir never said, we have taken revenge. He just dedicated the 'World Cup tournament win' towards Mumbai vicims. he never referred to the win against Pak. Media twisting all the facts to get more popularity....When Tendulkar dedicated his WC99 century against Kenya to his father, does that mean he blamed Kenya for the death of his father??? I didn't see Kenya cry about that!Big smile

We have won the cup. Now It doesn't matter what afridi or someone says. They are entitled to their opinion just like we are to ours... Let's move on..Clap

monar

chal_phek_mat

chal_phek_mat

Posted: 05 April 2011 at 11:16am | IP Logged
In India there is a furore over the tax exemption granted to ICC worth 45 crore rupees on the earnings of ticket sales and of course Sharad Pawar is getting blamed

Let us see some of the numbers

The cost of hosting the event was 571 crore rupees
The ICC income was 1476 crore rupees

The broadcasting rights itself were $1062 crore rupees, and advertising were over 250 crore rupees.

Huge %ge of that was from India. The Indian govt charged 72% taxes on that income whatever was earned in India. So the guestimate is Indian Govt made over 500 crore rupees in taxation revenue.

ICC could go Australia/England/South Africa or West Indies for the world cup. 

If the 45 crore rupees of tax incentives brings back the hosting of the cup back to India and makes the Indian Govt another 500 crore rupees. I say it is excellent business proposal.

What do you guys think? or should we withdraw the tax incentive as a matter of principle that we didnt do so for the CWG and let the hosting opportunity go to another country? 

Post Reply New Post

Go to top