Debate Mansion

ICC World Cup 2011 (Page 51)

Post Reply New Post

Page 51 of 56

Indradhanush

Goldie

Indradhanush

Posted: 02 April 2011 at 3:26pm | IP Logged
What a great innings by Dhoni & Gambhir, after Sachin (as usual not rising to the occasion when it matters most) & Sehwag brought India down to 33 for 2, the nerve and temperament displayed by them has been great...

Am I seeing too much but there was a visible divide in the team even during celebration on the ground..

Thank you men in blue, we love you..!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

RapierSummer3

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "ICC World Cup 2011 (Page 51)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 02 April 2011 at 3:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Indradhanush

What a great innings by Dhoni & Gambhir, after Sachin (as usual not rising to the occasion when it matters most) & Sehwag brought India down to 33 for 2, the nerve and temperament displayed by them has been great...

Am I seeing too much but there was a visible divide in the team even during celebration on the ground..

Thank you men in blue, we love you..!

@bold: Most people gave the Indo-Pak match more importance than the finals today and as far as I remember. he scored 85 very important runs for the team right? He can't possibly be expected to perform in every single match and he has been pretty consistent in this WC. Yuvraj got out on 0 on his home ground and today Sachin got out for 18 on his home ground. They're both still great players.

I don't know about you but I saw a very much united Indian cricket team. The way they gave so much respect and credit to Sachin was just amazing to watch. :)

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

cricketfan1DemonStarRapierAutumn.-PoisonIvy-Summer3

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 02 April 2011 at 3:41pm | IP Logged
Chak de India

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Autumn.

Indradhanush

Goldie

Indradhanush

Posted: 02 April 2011 at 4:04pm | IP Logged
In match against Pak Sachin was dropped 4 times, he must be uncomfortable himself, 

Yes it is the matches like these (final world cup) where players like him are supposed to perform , I stick to my words..

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 02 April 2011 at 4:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Indradhanush

In match against Pak Sachin was dropped 4 times, he must be uncomfortable himself, 

Yes it is the matches like these (final world cup) where players like him are supposed to perform , I stick to my words..

Lol I knew that was coming. It doesn't change the fact that he still made 85, the highest contribution from the entire team. I'll be the first to admit it wasn't one of his best knocks though and neither the most fluent but runs are runs at the end of the day. 

He was actually playing quite well. Sometimes we should give credit to the bowler for bowling a good ball and getting a wicket instead of just blaming the batsmen that got out.

Either way, it doesn't bother me cos I still consider him one of the greatest cricketers ever and stats will probably say the same thing. Of course I'd have loved to see Sachin bat for longer but personal records don't mean much in the WC. For all I care all batsmen could have got out on 49 or 99 as long as we won the match, which we did so I have no complaints whatsoever. :)

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

cricketfan1DemonStarAutumn.chocolover89-PoisonIvy-

chocolover89

IF-Sizzlerz

chocolover89

Posted: 02 April 2011 at 4:31pm | IP Logged
Virat Kohli today said about Tendulkar: for 21 years, he has carried the burden of the country on his shoulders, it's time we carry him on ours...

In retrospect, I think it can apply to the match as well. The other batsmen today--namely Gambhir and Dhoni (Kohli and Yuvi did a fine job also!)--got a chance to carry the burden and win it FOR Sachin! And how well they did it!

The rest later..for now I am too much on a high :D

cricketfan1DemonStarhindu4lyfRapierAutumn.-PoisonIvy-

CunningLinguist

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 02 April 2011 at 4:51pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

DemonStarhindu4lyfRapierAutumn.chocolover89-PoisonIvy-

cricketfan1

cricketfan1

Posted: 02 April 2011 at 5:01pm | IP Logged
Congrats India!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No words can explain the ecstasy that each Indian is experiencing right now...It just has to be experienced and soaked in and kept as a memory of lifetime...

And what better proof of team's unity than the way they ALL dedicated the cup to their/our/India's beloved Sachin ???I mean every single one of them had the same thing to say - its for Sachin....Don't know about others but personally to me it was quite overwhelming to see the love and respect the team has for this little master....A fitting tribute to the Legend!!!!

Talking about the unity, such victories sure not only bring a team together, but the whole country...That's the magic of sports!

DemonStarhindu4lyfRapierAutumn.chocolover89monar

Post Reply New Post

Go to top