Page 5 of 56

mr.ass

IF-Rockerz

mr.ass

Posted: 27 February 2011 at 10:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Originally posted by thickhead

Zaheer on fire ! jeetega bhai jeetega .. India jeetega :P

Forget about winning, I was sure we would lose when england were only two wickets down and only had the last 9/10 overs to bat where all they had to do was nudge the ball. I was already cursing the Indian team! lol Zaheer did well in the end though to provide us with that breakthrough and given the situation, I was satisfied with the draw I guess. I wouldn't have wanted to see Little Master's century go to waste.

AMAZING match.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

hindu4lyfBeyond_the_Veil

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "ICC World Cup 2011 (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 27 February 2011 at 12:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by old-black-joe

Forget about winning, I was sure we would lose when england were only two wickets down and only had the last 9/10 overs to bat where all they had to do was nudge the ball. I was already cursing the Indian team! lol Zaheer did well in the end though to provide us with that breakthrough and given the situation, I was satisfied with the draw I guess. I wouldn't have wanted to see Little Master's century go to waste.

AMAZING match.

Defo! Nail biting match and in the last 3 overs I could actually feel my heart beating so fast that I thought my heart would come flying out of my chest!LOL

MagixX

IF-Rockerz

MagixX

Posted: 27 February 2011 at 12:19pm | IP Logged
Amazing match !
Take a bow Andrew Strauss, take a damn bow !!! Incredible to say the least. What an innings under pressure ! Truly, a captain's knock :)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

P1nk

thickhead

thickhead

Posted: 27 February 2011 at 1:03pm | IP Logged

Zaheer was entirely responsible for the turn-around - 3 wickets in 9 balls at a time when game was very much in England's grasp. Overall, a very entertaining match that ended in a consolatory result - a tie - which is anyday better than a loss, but it also places a big question mark on the quality of our bowling attack. Bangladesh reached 283, England managed to chase 339 ... not a good sign for a team that's considered to be the tournament fav.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

cricketfan1hindu4lyf

P1nk

IF-Dazzler

P1nk

Posted: 27 February 2011 at 5:18pm | IP Logged
 Most people would think that when a team makes a score like that India made odds are they will win. Well done to England for catching up with that huge score! performing with excellence.

MagixX

karandel_2008

IF-Rockerz

karandel_2008

Posted: 27 February 2011 at 5:38pm | IP Logged

Was this the same pitch where India defended their total of 217 or something in the warm up match against Australia? This time it looked like that the pitch maker had a grudge against the bowlers.

Heart sure skipped a beat in the last over and could have been harder on the heart if it would have gone the other way. Anyway there were so many if this and if that in this match and I heard Shane Warne already predicted a tie, just like an octopus. LOL

Edited by karandel_2008 - 27 February 2011 at 5:40pm

-Komal-

MagixX

IF-Rockerz

MagixX

Posted: 27 February 2011 at 6:46pm | IP Logged
Yes, it was the same pitch. Obviously, during the warm-up match against Australia, the pitch was under prepared. You hardly get to see a pitch like that anywhere, lolzzz ! 

MagixX

IF-Rockerz

MagixX

Posted: 27 February 2011 at 6:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by P1nk

Most people would think that when a team makes a score like that India made odds are they will win. Well done to England for catching up with that huge score! performing with excellence.
Exactly. It was an incredible performance by Straussy !! If it wasn't for that almighty choke by the Poms, the result would have been something different. But it is alright for Poms to choke, given that almost all of them are from SA, hahaha !

Post Reply New Post

Go to top